[3.10] SSF Hierophant Archmage Storm Brand | 2.3m+ Shaper DPS | League Starter | All Content

"
Hi,

Can Soul Tether be chanced? Is there any other unique that's worth chancing (like the helm, etc)? I am playing SSF atm.

Thanks

Yes, Soul Tether can be chanced. You may also want to try chancing Inpulsa if you don't have one. You should see Geofri Crest drop quite often, so I would say not worth chancing for the helmet unless you are very unlucky with the helmet drop.
Hi,

Thanks for a really nice build, enjoying it very much. Only issue I have atm is some bosses I die quite alot to. Sirus/Minotaur for examples. Have around 20ex to upgrade my equipment, is there something you notice straight away I fkd up with, gear or passive tree? Thanks in advance if you have time to check.
"
kapefyra wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for a really nice build, enjoying it very much. Only issue I have atm is some bosses I die quite alot to. Sirus/Minotaur for examples. Have around 20ex to upgrade my equipment, is there something you notice straight away I fkd up with, gear or passive tree? Thanks in advance if you have time to check.

Hi, glad you enjoy the build. The build is not very tanky to physical damage, you should try to avoid all possible big physical hits especially from Minotaur. I just checked your character, it seems your items should be ok to not die during mapping, perhaps recover on block on shield if you can get one. Probably you can also get some cluster jewel to boost your damage more. Sirus is pretty easy if you know where to stand for each of his attack, I would say you will get better the more you do it. If you have budget to spare, consider getting the explody chest to replace inpulsa, since inpulsa explosion trigger require enemy to be shocked. Just as a reminder, this build is tanky but not invincible, so you should always try to avoid getting hit if possible.
Hi, thanks for a very fast response. In maps everything is fine, probably could hit 100 by grinding maps. Will try to update the chest and shield. Was thinking of using cluster jewels, not sure what nodes to respec at this level.
"
kapefyra wrote:
Hi, thanks for a very fast response. In maps everything is fine, probably could hit 100 by grinding maps. Will try to update the chest and shield. Was thinking of using cluster jewels, not sure what nodes to respec at this level.

You can refund jewel socket on the top right of the tree, since the large cluster jewel give 2 jewel sockets, so you will still keep the two sockets after refund the points.
Aah so true, tyvm for helping. Really love when you get going in maps with rampage up. Only the looting can be a bit frustrating with all them drops(which still is nice)
"
kapefyra wrote:
Aah so true, tyvm for helping. Really love when you get going in maps with rampage up. Only the looting can be a bit frustrating with all them drops(which still is nice)

Problem for zoom zoom build is mostly the looting part, which sometime if you want to go fast in delirium, you have to backtrack for loot later. I personally just hide most of the things I don't need or looking for, so mostly only looting valuable currency and unique items, but this is up to personal preference for different people.
Hi,
I am having a blast with the build. Finally got the helm to drop. some questions:

1. How do you determine/calculate that we need 150% CDR?
2. Without the Geofri's crest, is there any other way to achieve 150% CDR?

Thanks
Last edited by TheHeadsmasher on Apr 28, 2020, 3:04:30 PM
I must say this build starts to really shine around lvl 90 or so ... re-speced some links to get the 4 Fevered Mine jewels active and it really is "zoom zoom." Only drawback really is the backtracking to get whatever dropped ... but that's Delirium's fault ;)
"
Hi,
I am having a blast with the build. Finally got the helm to drop. some questions:

1. How do you determine/calculate that we need 150% CDR?
2. Without the Geofri's crest, is there any other way to achieve 150% CDR?

Thanks

Basically, the CD of any skills in the game is determine by the formula:

Final CD = 1 / ( 1 + CDR) * skill default CD

where in other words, CDR required to achieve certain CD:

CDR required = (skill default CD / desired CD) - 1

As an example for brand recall, the default cooldown timer is 3 seconds. To achieve permanent storm brand uptime, we need at least 1.2s cooldown for brand recall, since brand recall refresh brands timer by 1.2s. So, CDR required will be:

( 3.0s / 1.2s ) - 1 = 1.5 (150% CDR)

However, due to server latency which is not 0ms, we need a little more CDR to get brand recall cooldown lower than 1.2s, but 150% CDR is most likely sufficient most of the time.

Without the helmet, you can still get some CDR from other sources such as belt (not recommended due to soul tether), and boots (15% CDR). Otherwise you can use +2 solaris/lunaris shield with the lost of perma Arcane Surge (you still get Arcane Surge during fight). Some people think perma brand uptime is a meme, but for this build it is QoL as you don't have to recast high mana cost brands all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info