[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
Evilninja99 wrote:
How big of an upgrade are awakened gems and if significant what order to upgrade them. Also many thanks for this build its eliminated most of my frustrations with this league.

Awakened Gems for this build in order of effectiveness:
1. Awakened curse on hit +12% DPS [will allow you to use assassins mark+conductivity or conductivity+elemental weakness once your crit is high enough]
2. Awakened Chain support [will buff your clear, do not consider until you have a 6th brand as that is a much more cost effective solution] this would replace lightning penetration in the 6 link.
3. Awakened Controlled Destruction +9% DPS
4. Awakened Lightning Penetration +5.5% DPS
5. Awakened Elemental focus +4.5% DPS

Due to the expense of these gems I'd suggest the following upgrades first.
1. Skyforth: Stun immunity and power charges
2. Watcher's Eye Mana>ES with clarity. Can either use to push ES over 10k or to drop Sanctuary of Thought and double your DPS
3. Improve belt/wand/cerulean ring stats.
Really considering switching over to this from my hybrid character.

Do you have a video of awakener 8 and conquerors coming? Would love to see some more end game videos.

Cheers mate
Thanks for the reply regarding the upgrades mind posting your current POB at your current level of investment would like to take a look at it in terms of your passive tree.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
Spoiler
"
DerPestmann wrote:
Hello all,

first - thank you for this build idea, it is amazing. I got frustrated with my previous chars not doing much single target dps, so I sold all my expensive stuff and give this a try. And with this build finally times are over where I run around like a headless chicken for 10+ minutes to kill a bigger boss ;)

I decided to go for Elemental Overload to free up passive points for cluster jewels, getting resistances from tree, belt and boots mainly to keep the ring slots free.

- I switched the amulet to Presence of Chayula, for sweet stun immunity, life converted to ES and chaos res

- I switched the Ascendency points from Sign of Purpose to Arcane Blessing, for perma Arcane Surge and immunity to Ele Ailments - super important to ignore being chilled, frozen, shocked and ignited. This helps a lot to focus on other things on gear and flasks.

- Soul of Shakari pantheon for poison immunity.

- Soul of Lunaris for some phys reduction and extra movement speed when crowded, very helpful for this league.

- At the moment, two medium cluster jewels with Seeker Runes & Brand Loyalty and Remarkable & Grand Design - though I am thinking about replacing Remarkable with another Seeker Runes sooner or later :D 4 brands seem to be enough for my taste.

- 2x Perandus Signet and annointing Utmost Intellect for stacking INT! I'm still using Apep's Rage, it is an absolutely solid wand for this build. Therefore, with a total of 8 used unique items this gives 40% increased INT, which means, more ES, more mana and more damage :)

- I skilled Ghost Reaver to actually make use of the life leech from the Illuminated Devotion ascendancy and Atziri's Promise flask. Correct me if I am wrong here.

- Use Mind over Matter!!! With the Mindspiral helmet, this is insane!

- Granite and Basalt flask to deal with phys damage, and we only need anti bleed and anti curse on flasks. Phasing flask would be nice, but I just use flame dash here and there.

- Use Phys to Lightning gem for Wave of Conviction -> no worries about phys reflect maps.

- Switching Elemental Focus for Energy Shield Leech gem for certain stuff also helps surviving a lot.

I believe its a true testament to a build that all these changes can be made to suit the individual and it's still viable. With that said, a couple of suggestions for you that may increase your damage/survivability.

-Presence is nice for stun immunity but worse in every other way. Converting life to ES lowers the ES from ivory tower. It's complete lack of mana is lowering your DPS (archmage/arcane cloak) and your survivability (mindspiral and sanctuary of thought convert mana to ES) and it doesn't provide mana regen. As your budget increases adding Skyforths will deal with stun problems without gimping the amulet slot.

-I'll be updating the build today to include self-cast arcane cloak providing permanent level 20 arcane surge. Arcane blessing is only level 10. Better to take a flask for freeze/chill than lose the damage, brand recall cooldown and extra brand from sign of purpose.

-Mind of matter does not work with energy shield

-Ghost Reaver and Energy shield leech are redundant. Ghost reaver provides double the leech, losing elemental focus for energy shield leech is a major damage loss. You are rarely leeching to get its full effect due to cinderswallow keeping you full.

-I like the idea of perandus signet INT stacking!! Will have to check to see if it's worth losing Cerulean rings however.

Cheers Exile.

Hi again and thanks for your hints and advices, especially on MoM :D I should've known better, playing this game since 2013 or something haha.

I still feel more comfy with the ele ailment immunity and Presence (for high chaos res), I absolutely hate being interrupted in movement and stuff like that. That's also why I'm using a phasing flask now, hehe.
But I still have more ES with Presence at the moment, probably because I have no life on rings and boots?

Finally reached 95 and got that Cinderswallow Urn, hell that makes life easier! I usually played Tricksters previous couple of leagues and now I know why I loved Patient Reaper so much.

After hitting the level and finally farmed all the watchstones, I melted 3 of the guardians, the pale council was a joke, and on Sirus A8 I only died once because I was too lazy ;)

Since I'm trying the Ele Overload thing, I invested in a nice large cluster jewel with Supercharge (non-crit dmg is lucky), Scintillating Idea (20% inc mana, 5% pen), and 2 jewel slots for my two brand jewels. I had to drop some passives on the right side of the tree though.
Also I'm on 7 fevered mind jewels at the moment, seems to work fine.

Next target, some more gear and gem upgrades, and I'm still experimenting a alot with this build idea and trying out different things and shuffling around with the flasks. I think I never used that much orbs or regret :)

I'm also not sure if the INT stacking is worth it on the long term. I'm gonna upgrade to Cerulean rings soon with some resistances and stuff. While I really like my approach with the ring switching and being flexible, it is really a pain in the butt to keep the resistances maxed. But the Perandus rings are really nice for leveling.

Cheers!
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
Evilninja99 wrote:
How big of an upgrade are awakened gems and if significant what order to upgrade them. Also many thanks for this build its eliminated most of my frustrations with this league.

Awakened Gems for this build in order of effectiveness:
1. Awakened curse on hit +12% DPS [will allow you to use assassins mark+conductivity or conductivity+elemental weakness once your crit is high enough]
2. Awakened Chain support [will buff your clear, do not consider until you have a 6th brand as that is a much more cost effective solution] this would replace lightning penetration in the 6 link.
3. Awakened Controlled Destruction +9% DPS
4. Awakened Lightning Penetration +5.5% DPS
5. Awakened Elemental focus +4.5% DPS

Due to the expense of these gems I'd suggest the following upgrades first.
1. Skyforth: Stun immunity and power charges
2. Watcher's Eye Mana>ES with clarity. Can either use to push ES over 10k or to drop Sanctuary of Thought and double your DPS
3. Improve belt/wand/cerulean ring stats.

This is SUPER useful. Any chance you could add this to the guide?

Thanks for writing all of this up, by the way! I've already leveled two characters to 90+ this league and both have been very disappointing, so I decided to go more meta and found this build. I have much more confidence that this build will be strong enough to handle all content. Though I admit I fucking HATE listening to the templar talk about god all the damn time.
turn off the voices from settings,i dont like hearing any of them as they always say the same crap
"
Evilninja99 wrote:
Thanks for the reply regarding the upgrades mind posting your current POB at your current level of investment would like to take a look at it in terms of your passive tree.

Passive tree is largely unchanged. I have upgrades planned, just a matter of saving for them: https://pastebin.com/kPJ7F3Qx
"
Coatesy wrote:
Really considering switching over to this from my hybrid character.

Do you have a video of awakener 8 and conquerors coming? Would love to see some more end game videos.

Cheers mate

Filming tonight, along with 100% delirium and Simulcram spam. Expect a post tomorrow. Will update the guide!
"

This is SUPER useful. Any chance you could add this to the guide?

Thanks for writing all of this up, by the way! I've already leveled two characters to 90+ this league and both have been very disappointing, so I decided to go more meta and found this build. I have much more confidence that this build will be strong enough to handle all content. Though I admit I fucking HATE listening to the templar talk about god all the damn time.

Added at your suggestion exile! Old man templar I don't mind, it's the witch quotes I can't stand.
"
f1rstborn wrote:
"
norxe wrote:
I cant stand this anymore i die all the fking time cant even do t11 maps...i think im going back to my imaple build

The build as written has a minimum of 7.5k EHP. I'd be glad to take a look at your pob and see what can be improved.

https://pastebin.com/BwbHfmBn
i have changed few items added skyforth and still not enough i die in higher maps,also how do you have so much dmg? i only got like 3.3 mil compared to 17mil of yours lol
Last edited by norxe on Apr 15, 2020, 9:56:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info