[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

Use brand recall on left mouse button so it casts automatically when you move. Brand recall on sufficiently low cast time (high lvl + second wind + empower) will add to the duration of your brands enough that you shouldnt need to recast them.

Brand doesn't snapshot, so you can save your arcane cloak for entering large/dangerous packs. You really dont want it on cooldown when you run into something nasty. I live a lot longer when I ration my cloak usage.

Vaal discipline is a great way to regenerate your ES in a tough spot. Not so much use for packs, since leech will fill you up quickly enough, but it's helpful if you take a big hit from a boss and are keeping distance. The main reason to have it is that it gives regular discipline aura and something else, so why just use regular discipline? Vaal righteous fire is a damage boost, tho I rarely bother to use it. Wave of conviction debuffs lightning resistance, like a second curse. I use curse/WoC/cold snap in a trigger wand.

Clarity doesn't do much until you have the watcher's eye bonus ES from mana mod for clarity. I don't even run it, using the slots as storage for gem swap for bosses from chain to controlled destruction. It can be used without watchers to reserve more hp, which thanks to ivory tower gives you more ES.

I use most active pots on 3 and 4, arcane cloak on W and dash on Q. Other most active flask I intend to put on spacebar. I'm bad at flasks tho, and just focus on phasing/crit/movespeed, using defensive stuff reactively.

Happy birthday!
"
ALFANDEGARIO wrote:
Hey guys, i dont know where to get 7k energy shield, could you help me to improve my gear? Thx and stay safe!!

there 2 way. first if you have 30+ ex you can buy Watcher's eye with mod max mana as ES while affected by clarity (obv more % is better. And you need to add clarity with blood magic to you setup after that.
Second way is to switch Arcane blessing for Sanctuary of thought (but it comes with minus 40%damage, but on plus side you don't need to spend 30+ ex
"
ALFANDEGARIO wrote:
Hey guys, i dont know where to get 7k energy shield, could you help me to improve my gear? Thx and stay safe!!

On gear:
More mana on wand, max roll of % mana as ES on helmet, more mana/ES on rings (ideally Cerulean rings), more mana/ES on belt, no quality on gloves?, more mana in Skyforth.

On tree:
You cannot drop Sanctuary of Thought without the Watcher's Eye because it just takes one hit from a juiced high tier map to blow through your small ES pool. Other than that you have poor pathing. Why annoint Runesmith if you're going to path up to it anyways. You can either drop the pathing to their, path to Written in Blood over the topside, and put the 4 saved points into Faith and Steel or going towards Unnatural Calm or Soul Thief and Mind Drinker. Or you can take Runesmith normally, change annoint to Mana Flows or Utmost Intellect, still path over the top and start pushing for Faith and Steel. You also don't need the two points behind Arcane Will so those can also go towards more impactful notables.

"
xerxis_esp wrote:
Hi, first of all thanks for sharing the build. I'm using this build at the moment, but actually I still don't understand the mechanics and the OP didn't upload youtube videos where I could see well the gameplay of the build. So, I have several doubts and I hope you can help me :)

- My storm brands dissapears after several seconds, but OP says "they persist for the duration of a map". What that means? I need to cast storm brand + recall brand too often, I think

- What should be the order of skill usage? First cast arcane cloak, after 4-5 storm brand and finally brand recall? I suppose that arcane cloak must be always up (so spam it every 5-7 seconds)

- What is the role of Wave of conviction, vaal righteous fire and vaal discipline? In which cases should I use it?

- I have now always activated zealotry, wrath, clarity and discipline. I have clarity linked with blood magic, so I have literally no life (200 hp points) and just ES and mana. Is that correct?

I am thinking in how to distribute my skills in the mouse+keyboard buttons but really don't know what could be the most comfortable way lol

I think they are a lot of stupid questions, and I feel sorry for that and for my english. Thanks you!!!

PD: Today is my birthday, be kind please! hahaha

Addressing the points in order:
- bind Brand Recall to LMB and have it on Empower and Second Wind. Unless you have +1 corrupts on the gems it will only truly sustain as you keep clearing through packs so brands can keep attaching. It will fall off eventually but only if you're running through empty space.
- I have enough DPS to kill without Arcane Cloak, but I usually just piano my flasks whenever they're all about to come off cooldown. Brand Recall is always casting, and so I save Arcane Cloak for running through big packs or when I need a burst
- That's fine. Without the % mana as ES Watcher's Eye, clarity isn't totally necessary, but it can squeeze out whatever life you have left for ES scaling on Ivory Tower
- Wave of Conviction if you don't have it on trigger is for more DPS against a target since it lowers lightning resistance with the exposure; Vaal RF is extra burst at the cost of ES on cast, similar to Arcane Cloak but has a longer recharge "time" due to vaal recharge mechanics; Vaal Discipline is your pseudo-potion as without some focus shenanigans or pantheon timeless jewel shenanigans, you don't have any other source of ES healing besides the leech and Cinderswallow. Can be used in a pinch when your out of flasks or not leeching out enough
- Button layout is preference. I have Vaal Discipline on W, Arcane Cloak on R, and Brand Recall on LMB. Vaal RF bound to mouse button as well.

Here are some gameplay videos from myself if you need an idea. Bossing is great and all, but I have a T16 moderately juiced as well since that's usually the majority of gameplay.

These videos are from before I got my Watcher's Eye
T16 Promenade
Wave 20 Simulacrom
A8 Sirus Deathless

This one is after:
A8 Uber Elder Deathless
"
radityakat wrote:
"
unsmith wrote:
How viable is this for endgame content without the Clarity Watcher's Eye? 30ex or so is a bit out of my budget, but otherwise I really like what's going on with this build.

This is my first league playing PoE, and i tried several other builds and failed. However, this build helped me to clear A8 sirus deathless, T16 100% delirious + shaper/elder, simu 20/20. If you have better mechanics than me, i'm sure this build can get you kill everything easily. Take notes that things can get harder if you are in a party, but it's still doable :D

Cheers!

Hi could you give your POB?Ive leveled but im strugling in t9 got all resists all get 6.3k es 1.3 k life ofcourse reserved for enrgy shield.
All gems 6 link ivory.
"
nayfear wrote:
"
radityakat wrote:
"
unsmith wrote:
How viable is this for endgame content without the Clarity Watcher's Eye? 30ex or so is a bit out of my budget, but otherwise I really like what's going on with this build.

This is my first league playing PoE, and i tried several other builds and failed. However, this build helped me to clear A8 sirus deathless, T16 100% delirious + shaper/elder, simu 20/20. If you have better mechanics than me, i'm sure this build can get you kill everything easily. Take notes that things can get harder if you are in a party, but it's still doable :D

Cheers!

Hi could you give your POB?Ive leveled but im strugling in t9 got all resists all get 6.3k es 1.3 k life ofcourse reserved for enrgy shield.
All gems 6 link ivory.

https://pastebin.com/pyARWgMn
"
nayfear wrote:

All gems 6 link ivory.

Get an Orb of Storms Power Charge on Crit setup in your boots. Look at prioritizing jewel sockets over some of the damage nodes to get more Fevered Minds in as they really scale your DPS. Aim for as much spell damage as possible because eventually missing out on 7-8% on each jewel will add up. Keep grinding and leveling to hit those sockets too if you don't want to give up existing allocations. Save for a Skyforth as that's a nice quality of life upgrade for yourself.
"
nayfear wrote:
"
radityakat wrote:
"
unsmith wrote:

Cheers!

All gems 6 link ivory.

You need a high mana roll wand. Try to get 150+ mana and 60+% spell crit. The mana roll will get your ES to respectable levels, and you can prioritize mana/ES nodes over crit-related stuff until you're done leveling. 4 million+ dps is still perfectly achievable even if you skip a lot of the crit nodes in favor of more ES. If you've got an open suffix on wand you can craft trigger spells onto it. This lets you auto curse, auto WoC debuff, and auto cold snap for frenzy charge generation.

The build feels really rippy to me with less than 8k ES. With 8.8k ES, I basically can't die running t7 burial chambers. Deaths still happen in t16, but I think that's where my tradeoff to drop damage is hurting me. I'm on the cusp of hitting 93, after which I'll respec down to ~8k ES but with a lot more damage and see how that feels in t16/A8 sirus/etc. 30 ex for watchers is totally doable in a short amount of time with this build. I've got about 20 so far if I converted currency and sold awakened gems.
"
xerxis_esp wrote:
Hi, first of all thanks for sharing the build. I'm using this build at the moment, but actually I still don't understand the mechanics and the OP didn't upload youtube videos where I could see well the gameplay of the build. So, I have several doubts and I hope you can help me :)

- My storm brands dissapears after several seconds, but OP says "they persist for the duration of a map". What that means? I need to cast storm brand + recall brand too often, I think

- What should be the order of skill usage? First cast arcane cloak, after 4-5 storm brand and finally brand recall? I suppose that arcane cloak must be always up (so spam it every 5-7 seconds)

- What is the role of Wave of conviction, vaal righteous fire and vaal discipline? In which cases should I use it?

- I have now always activated zealotry, wrath, clarity and discipline. I have clarity linked with blood magic, so I have literally no life (200 hp points) and just ES and mana. Is that correct?

I am thinking in how to distribute my skills in the mouse+keyboard buttons but really don't know what could be the most comfortable way lol

I think they are a lot of stupid questions, and I feel sorry for that and for my english. Thanks you!!!

PD: Today is my birthday, be kind please! hahaha

Happy Birthday! OP here, lets dive in.

[In reverse order]
Skill binds: LMB is arcane cloak. Held down forever, this will allow you to move and cast on CD. Space bar is brand recall. Held down forever, this will cast recall on CD keeping brands with you and having them last the entire map. Dash is right click for ez access. The rest of my skills are 1-5 as they are only needed on occassion.

You should be reserving as much life as possible. This gives you ES in conjunction with Ivory tower.

Wave and Vaal RF are used for extra burst against a boss. Wave applies negative resist and Vaal RF 29% more damage.

Brands casted at beginning of map then see my first part for rest of info.

Brand recall on CD will keep them around.
Finally managed a sirus kill at A7, though with 2 deaths. Amusingly enough it was with chain active bc I forgot to switch in controlled destruction. With current build and the right boss setup I have ~6.6m dps. 5.1m if you dont count vaal righteous fire, which is rarely up.

Lvl 6 clarity + lvl 1 blood magic brings my ES up by 200, which is a pretty non-negligible benefit. I hadn't been using it bc I don't have watchers yet, but I should. Pity, since I've been using the sockets for portal and to hold my gem swap.
Last edited by jbmcarth on May 11, 2020, 4:49:31 AM
"
nayfear wrote:
"
radityakat wrote:
"
unsmith wrote:

Cheers!

All gems 6 link ivory.

Hi there,
this is my current POB. https://pastebin.com/FfKXuZjz

I tried two things right now, either going with Sanctuary of Thought and have 8.3k ES and 9.8k mana, or doubled everything with only 5.5k ES and 9.6k mana. To be honest, it feels safer to go with SoT, however my clear speed become faster when i drop the SoT and go for CoP. You might want to have enough ES to make sure you are able to run through the map and use the Vaal discipline whenever you feel like need of it. I changed some of my gems setup, mostly because of playing preferences. I don't like using Vaal RF, so i dropped it. I moved the arcane surge to the brand recall, to make sure i get the permanent arcane surge just by holding LMB (you want your Brand recall mana cost : arcane surge mana spend is no more than 1:3, example 100 mana cost brand recall : <300 arcane surge mana spend). And due to miscalculation, my fire res is only 70, however i still manage to kill all bosses deathless at least once.

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info