Some items won't hide despite highlight disabled

EDIT: Putting permanent allocation works, however you need to not be in a party before you start a map or all the loot will stick to your screen. So the bug report is still valid.

I've been having this 'feature' since I started playing path of exile back in 1.2, but this only became a problem recently with the speed meta and more notably, bulk scarab/map drops from delirium orbs. I remember maps used to go out of the screen back in the no filter days on loot explosions and stick there.

The problem is that some items will stick to front despite trying to hide them by pressing z. The screenshots is what I'm talking about:

Here you can see all the items the filter shows me:

Here the scarabs will still show even after I press z:

This happens with scarabs, maps and some talismans.

Can I make the scarabs hide as well? What's the actual solution to this problem, if any? I've talked to various people and even asked in the short question thread and some people told me it's my filter, but it's only neversink and I haven't modified it. I just want items not to stick to front when they drop and be hidden until I press z to highlight them.

Please help, I've died to a volatile that was literally hidden by a wall of scarabs and it pisses me off.
Last edited by demonstorm on Feb 18, 2021, 3:50:29 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2023, 7:09:02 PM
Can confirm the same issue with Neversinm’s Uber strict filter. Did you resolve it?
"
rabbita11 wrote:
Can confirm the same issue with Neversinm’s Uber strict filter. Did you resolve it?

No, I don't think it's related to filters at all. I use uber strict as well.

Seems like some items have a special drop rule (those that drop from delirium rewards for example) and stick to the screen more than intended (I mean forever). I'm 99% sure this is on GGG.
Did you figure out what's the cause for this issue?
turn off the filter, try hiding everything again, if everything is hidden then it is the filter and YOU need to deal with the problem, by either using a different filter or editing the filter yourself...or maybe you could try asking the mode creator.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
turn off the filter, try hiding everything again, if everything is hidden then it is the filter and YOU need to deal with the problem, by either using a different filter or editing the filter yourself...or maybe you could try asking the mode creator.

It's not a filter issue. No items should be visible when you hide item highlight with the ingame assigned key (z in my case, probably yours too). This can be easily tested with a skittering delirium orbed map.
This is not related to any specific filter. I had this issue too — mostly with 'special drop' items. First it was Scrolls of Wisdom from a prophecy. Then I noticed it with loot when mapping. Then, in Harvest, it would happen very often with all the rare loot from my t3+t4 seed fights. Pressing the Hide Key did nothing. I hope this is a bug and will be fixed.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Yes, it's a bug AND AN EXTREMELY AGGRAVATING ONE and I don't know why they took my ability to free bump this thread.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Luke_GGG on Oct 6, 2020, 11:37:40 AM
same problem here, mostly seems to be delirium or simulacrum drops
Still happening

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info