[3.10] Heraldry Cluster Guardian - 9k Es | 90% all res | 75% block | 10M+ boss dps

@psofos: I disagree with a lot of what you said.

1st minor thing: i think its MORE than 50% of the players currently doing this build or have already done it haha

2. It is very easy to build up hundreds of exalts playing a different build and having no idea what is valuable for THIS or any other build. I know everything there is to know about cyclone and minion builds because I have made so many in this league and previous leagues. I built up all the currency needed to bankroll this build by selling valuable items for THOSE builds, before I even started looking at the guide for this. Sure, getting into the 100s of exalts takes a lot of experience with POE in the first place but to say that someone can't bankroll a ton of exalts without knowing whats valuable is a little narrow-minded.

3. Yes RMT is a thing, it will always be a thing. But there are plenty of ways to make a ton of legit currency without knowing the ins and outs of every little thing in POE. For example I only just realized that heralds were NOT auras (durr) and I've been playing this build for weeks now. Things can sometimes slip by even the most experienced players.

4. We will have to see what the nerfs will look like. I already expressed my opinion that there are plenty of broken mechanics and items still perfectly acceptable in Standard. GGG already nerfed the mechanic itself heavily earlier this league, they only now need to nerf the numbers for it to be fair in later leagues. But numbers don't matter at all in Standard, everything is broken. If I were them, and based on their nerf track record, I would avoid extreme/unnecessary changes and go for the simplest course of action. 99% of the time, all that means is changing the values. However, it honestly doesn't matter because hardly anyone plays Standard and we already know the build will definitely be nerfed into the ground for league play.
I think the truth lands somewhere between both your opinions.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

1st minor thing: i think its MORE than 50% of the players currently doing this build or have already done it haha

2. It is very easy to build up hundreds of exalts playing a different build and having no idea what is valuable for THIS or any other build. I know everything there is to know about cyclone and minion builds because I have made so many in this league and previous leagues. I built up all the currency needed to bankroll this build by selling valuable items for THOSE builds, before I even started looking at the guide for this. Sure, getting into the 100s of exalts takes a lot of experience with POE in the first place but to say that someone can't bankroll a ton of exalts without knowing whats valuable is a little narrow-minded.

3. Yes RMT is a thing, it will always be a thing. But there are plenty of ways to make a ton of legit currency without knowing the ins and outs of every little thing in POE. For example I only just realized that heralds were NOT auras (durr) and I've been playing this build for weeks now. Things can sometimes slip by even the most experienced players.

4. We will have to see what the nerfs will look like. I already expressed my opinion that there are plenty of broken mechanics and items still perfectly acceptable in Standard. GGG already nerfed the mechanic itself heavily earlier this league, they only now need to nerf the numbers for it to be fair in later leagues. But numbers don't matter at all in Standard, everything is broken. If I were them, and based on their nerf track record, I would avoid extreme/unnecessary changes and go for the simplest course of action. 99% of the time, all that means is changing the values. However, it honestly doesn't matter because hardly anyone plays Standard and we already know the build will definitely be nerfed into the ground for league play.

Yeah,i know everything in standard is broken.
But they can't nerf this build only for leagues,it's not like it uses a broken item.
Jewel stacking is brocken,so they will either change the limit of same passives on jewels a player can have active,or nerf the guardian ascendancy which would not do much.
The only way this build survives in standard is if they nerf the purposeful harbinger itself to something like 3% effect and leave it as it is in standard as legacy mod.
I think it's too broken even for standard league though.
Yeah,i made currency running a cyclone and an animate guardian too,i know what you mean.
But i have a feeling this is the most RMT'd build in the history of POE,of course i can't prove that and it's only my opinion.
How could I fit vitality to my build? Not sure how to tweak my build.

Here's pastebin link:
https://pastebin.com/vBQPnrJf

And gear for quick glance:

1.21 Gigawatts
"
EmmetBrown wrote:
How could I fit vitality to my build? Not sure how to tweak my build.

Here's pastebin link:
https://pastebin.com/vBQPnrJf

And gear for quick glance:

get a vit+ es+ 6% mana reserve.

as for chaos resist - get it on high es rare belt, amu, jewels
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

Yeah,i know everything in standard is broken.
But they can't nerf this build only for leagues,it's not like it uses a broken item.
Jewel stacking is brocken,so they will either change the limit of same passives on jewels a player can have active,or nerf the guardian ascendancy which would not do much.
The only way this build survives in standard is if they nerf the purposeful harbinger itself to something like 3% effect and leave it as it is in standard as legacy mod.
I think it's too broken even for standard league though.
Yeah,i made currency running a cyclone and an animate guardian too,i know what you mean.
But i have a feeling this is the most RMT'd build in the history of POE,of course i can't prove that and it's only my opinion.

If they integrate this jewel & league mechanic into the permanent game and all future leagues which is highly likely. My gut feeling is they will severely limit the ability to source the Voices unique jewel or simply remove the 3 passive and 1 passive variant.

This build is good with the 7 passive version of the voices jewel but can still be killed uncommonly and this build is OP with the 5 passive version of the jewel.

By doing the above restrictions on the jewel availability, it would bring this build in line with many others where if you got the currency it will be OP, if not, its just a normal casual build.

The mechanics are not the issue here and the values on the herald cluster jewels are not OP. It only becomes stupid when you can fit 9 of them which is only enabled by the unique voices jewel - hence the bottle neck between OP and normal build is that jewel.

They did similar impacts to uniques in the past Shaverones, koams heart, mjoiner (forgive spelling).

Regardless even if they left this as it is, in any future leagues it would be alot harder to source the needed items anyway (in such quantity too) due to the 10% encounter chance compared to 100% currently. So getting the quantity of simulacrums to get a voices drop will increase significantly too. Thus it would fall to only those with billion exalts to be able to run this build in the future.

These are just my thoughts, they are not right or wrong. Only GGG knows what they will do and we will find out in the near future.
What do you mean this build is ok with 7 passive voices but becomes op with 5 passive voices?
It's like saying until lvl 97 this build is good but at 100 it becomes op since one only saves 3 points going with voices x5 passives.
I agree only GGG knows,but i think they will try to avoid similar broken builds in the future.
Voices are not the problem.
Stacking of jewel passives is.
Who knows what will people come up with next league by stacking another kind of jewel.
GGG will propably try to avoid dealing with this possibility again,since they have proven that they do not understand how their own game works and how mechanics they introduce can be exploited.
We'll have to wait and see though.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
What do you mean this build is ok with 7 passive voices but becomes op with 5 passive voices?
It's like saying until lvl 97 this build is good but at 100 it becomes op since one only saves 3 points going with voices x5 passives.
I agree only GGG knows,but i think they will try to avoid similar broken builds in the future.
Voices are not the problem.
Stacking of jewel passives is.
Who knows what will people come up with next league by stacking another kind of jewel.
GGG will propably try to avoid dealing with this possibility again,since they have proven that they do not understand how their own game works and how mechanics they introduce can be exploited.
We'll have to wait and see though.

You save 6 points from going from 3 7 voices to 3 5 voices which lets you fit in all the jewel sockets etc.

7 Passives is still good - you get all the dmg etc but you can't get all the jewel sockets with 3 7 passives even at level 100.

Just miss a bit of ES / Chaos resis / DPS without all the jewel sockets.

You don't save 6 passives.
You save 3.
One passive for every voices.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
You don't save 6 passives.
You save 3.
One passive for every voices.

Ahh yes you're right.

Haven't actually used the 7 passive ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info