[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Anyone could suggest me the way to craft more res?
Last edited by taanhdung on Sep 28, 2020, 8:30:38 PM
I think this is going to be easier if I just post my PoB https://pastebin.com/shehCmke

Also, if you have to stand outside of the radius to get max hits of the balls, then what about bottled faith? Do I just slap it next to boss, flame dash away and start unloading?
Last edited by forestgrenpa on Sep 28, 2020, 8:53:54 PM
"
forestgrenpa wrote:
I think this is going to be easier if I just post my PoB https://pastebin.com/shehCmke

Also, if you have to stand outside of the radius to get max hits of the balls, then what about bottled faith? Do I just slap it next to boss, flame dash away and start unloading?
You don't stand outside your radius, just at the edge of it. Go look at the radius box in the calcs tab and it will show you the size of the diameter that your AoE is and give you an idea of how far you should be when attacking a boss. The very edge of that colored ring with the boss smack in the center of it.

Also, a bottled faith has a massive radius. Something like 50'ish, or maybe even more. So no, you'll never have to move closer to drop it's consecrated ground down.

And here's what I would do with your char/PoB: https://pastebin.com/1j7g9Ru9

Added level 7 blade blast to your CWDT setup, and changed your CWDT to level 1 and WoC to level 7. It still does the -25 lightning exposure at level 7, so zero reason for CWDT to be at 20 for it. Same with blade blast. It applies Unnerve for ~+10% more damage no matter it's level.

But this will make the exposure and unnerve go off all the time rather than need 3200 life to trigger, which seems silly considering that's nearly all you have.

I also think you'll be fine with 31 radius (you're really at about 31.5), so moved 2 points out of Amplify for more life, which you desperately need.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 28, 2020, 11:13:31 PM
Can you make a budget Pob for 3.12? The double curse chest gems no longer applies to marks.
Thanks the build!!
Hey guys doing this build for heist and at level 60. How is blight maps with this build. I like doing blights?
Appreciated Skyler.

EDIT: Just to clarify. The CWDT on 20 is there to proc golem and not for the wave itself. Also it works regardless of life taken. Arcane cloak absorption also counts for the damage threshold.
Last edited by forestgrenpa on Sep 29, 2020, 8:45:44 AM
It's normal to be extremely fragile at 75+ ( i'm doing tier 2 maps without elemental reflect). Rare mobs sometimes kills me with a single hit.
Last edited by lima642 on Sep 29, 2020, 11:26:56 AM
"
lima642 wrote:
It's normal to be extremely fragile at 75+ ( i'm doing tier 2 maps without elemental reflect). Rare mobs sometimes kills me with a single hit.
It's a glass-cannon build, so unfortunately sometimes it just happens. Especially vs. chaos damage.

The goal is to kill them before they can even get an attack on you. Which really, if you simply cast at least 1 BL before they attack, they usually die instantly if you've made this build right.

Use flame dash or dash+second wind a lot and just try to get behind big packs of mobs/rares so they get stuck in animation lock attacking your initial position/approach. You don't have to be facing them for BL's lightning strike hits to still reach back and kill them as long as they're in AoE radius.

This is another reason why I use Sire of Shards (GMP+Unleash in place of SP+Echo) for map clearing, as it fires BL's in a nova/circle in all directions. So I typically just flame dash past every mob and then cast. This way, mobs are usually facing away from me stuck in animation/attack lock and I never get touched.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 29, 2020, 1:55:17 PM
"
forestgrenpa wrote:
Appreciated Skyler.

EDIT: Just to clarify. The CWDT on 20 is there to proc golem and not for the wave itself. Also it works regardless of life taken. Arcane cloak absorption also counts for the damage threshold.
I figured that was why you did it.

But stop being lazy and just self-cast the darn golem. LOL

With lvl 1 CWDT, you'll get WoC and BB getting applied to everything, including trash mobs. And then later you toss that on a 6L with hextouch and curse, and you're good to go.
WTF happened to awakened spellecho ?! 20ex suddenly. New op build i didnt catch ? Do those new spectres use spellecho ? :D Jesus

So I got UElder down, Sirus8. All easy kills. I went personally for steelskin, cause i had the feeling that arcane cloak is sometimes killing me while getting hit - suddenly deathless to 94. Like SkylerOG mentioned above, u got to hit them first, if u get hit = no mana to cast = RIP :D
I also had the impression, that Elemental Focus gave me way more DPS than controlled destruction, despise what POB is saying.

Atm running a replica Kaoms Heart. Still debating about switching to tripple curse with a 6link cloak of defiance after i get awakened hextouch or a second 6link skill like orb of storms ?. (pls dont look at my gloves :D )

Did any1 try out the Divergent Ball lightning with the 10% overcharge ? Curious if its worth it.
Last edited by 2letterz on Sep 29, 2020, 8:09:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info