[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
2letterz wrote:
When would u consider transitioning into inquisitor ?

Also saw that ascendant build. But sadly i went as leaguestart for hexblast-archmage hiero :( ;D cheers again
I wouldn't.

Divine Guidance +10% MoM, spell damage life leech from illuminated devotion, elemental ailment immunity from Arcane Blessing, and power charge/endurance charge generation and damage reduction and penetration from Conviction of Power are too much to pass up. Everything is good with Heirophant.
I saw a similar build with trickster, what's the difference if i went with one or the other?
"
SkylerOG wrote:
"
I am level 53 and struggling a bit with being very, very squishy. There are not a lot of tanky nodes on the passive tree I haven't taken just yet (Dynamo and Illuminated Devotion are the big ones). I have 1100 HP, 1900 mana, and 300 ES. I get one-shot constantly.

What is your best advice for getting this build to a point where I can avoid getting deleted by melee hits? Do I need to seek out armor/evasion as well as resists? Sorry if this is a very generic post.
Layer's of defense for this build include:

Mind over Matter OR Cloak of Defiance (40% MoM vs 30% from passive node.... which means you ultimately want CoD as soon as you can afford it) + Heiro ascendancy Divine Guidance (is 10% more MoM).

Arcane Cloak + Dynamo + Enduring mana flask. Download a multi-signal metronome from somewhere and use it to help you cast/press skills and flasks on their duration/cooldown timers every time they are up. Eventually it'll be second nature.

Sigil of Power + Increased Duration + Second Wind is a very nice setup for both +damage and some damage mitigation if the mobs are inside the SiP radius. I also add Phase Run to this 4L because it not only gives you a ton of movement speed, but the phasing allows you to run through packs of mobs that might have you cornered (this is really nice in Heists, by the way, where packs of mobs are always waiting for you and boxing you in... although flame dash can get you by those just as easy, too).

Level 1 CWDT + level 7 Wave of Conviction + Hextouch + Enfeeble is also really good for both +damage (the -25% lightning resist exposure from WoC) and damage mitigation from Enfeeble curse/hex. Eventually you'll want Whispers of Doom and/or level 5 Awakened Hextouch so you can get Conductivity curse on a ring (a second curse). In the meantime, some Windscream boots or Windshriek boots can get you a second curse if/when you're ready. But for early on, I recommend Enfeeble or Temporal Chains as a great defensive layer.

Holy Flame Totem isn't necessarily a defensive layer, but it does give you consecrated ground on demand that strips curses off you and gives you 6% life regen while on it. Same reason Word of Light (or any "of light" lab level) is a nice enchant on gloves.

On top of this, Holy Flame Totem + Conviction of Power ascendancy is a perfect way to generate power charges and endurance charges. Which, of course, endurance charges are additional phys and elemental damage mitigation and another good defensive layer, on top of power charges being huge +damage boost.

80% chance to avoid being stunned enchant on boots is really nice.

And finally a basalt or quartz flask in your flask mix early on until you get better gear is always helpful.

I'll give some of this a shot. It feels, while leveling, that I have little to work with but my health pool and the MOM interaction, which is just getting me obliterated by anything that gets into melee range. Enfeeble I think will help a lot, as the DPS seems solid enough to forego using conductivity on the CWDT setup for now. Can always swap it back in later once I get to Dynamo and the rest. Thanks for the reply!
So what kind of cluster jewels are you guys using? I was Wondering about the potential of Veterans Awarness through The Front Line jewel to further boost Dynamo.

Wheres the 3.12 pob?
I am playing this as Hiero in 3.12, just got to awakener 8 fairly smoothly.

I am using arc for clear, which I find smoother, with arc + unleash, swapping only to ball lightning + spell echo for guardians / sirus.

My profile is open if you want to look at gear.
Well, I gave this build a Try.. I died so many times.
For a League starter this is not a Recommondation

There is no Survivability

There are 3 diffrent gems types, in the Gear Section in the Luxury gear section and in the Gem Build? What do I follow its not Clear.

In my opinion I do not Recommend this Build.
Last edited by Oalebappie on Sep 24, 2020, 12:46:13 PM
"
Oalebappie wrote:

There are 3 diffrent gems types, in the Gear Section in the Luxury gear section and in the Gem Build? What do I follow its not Clear.

It's true leveling as this early not a good idea. I'm doing much better now that i'm 50ish but i did have currency to spend on some items.(Still dangerous if your mana depletes just have to play smarter)

If anything just go the normal basic root for leveling caster then swap gems/gear when you have enough. I haven't tried heist though which i know was crazy even on my 5.6k summoner. But haven't tried it since the heist nerfed.

Pretty much just pay attention to your mana, i have double mana flask one is instant but i'm not really optimal just running through acts atm.
Last edited by HueyX on Sep 24, 2020, 12:55:57 PM
Will two seperate allocations of transfiguration of mind stack? if i have the ascendency one + doing an oil for Crusader for instance, or is that pointless?
"
Oalebappie wrote:

I league started as this (actually was trying crackling lance), and suvivability is fine, just make sure you use unleash (with arc) instead of spell echo. I was doing white/yellow maps on a tabula, I also used a shield and wand, and took block nodes / glancing blows / mana gain on block, until I got my 6L pledge.

Now that I have both cloak and pledge, survivability is great since you essentially have 9-10k ehp thanks to 50% MOM and 3k mana regen.

easy A8 sirus down deathless!
Last edited by Stealthyy on Sep 24, 2020, 6:14:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info