[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

Hi! This build looks like a ton of fun, thanks for the great write-up.

Any chance this is SSF viable? It seems like a lot of uniques are BiS or close to it (Atziri's Foible, Skyforth, Cloak, Essence Worm, Clear Mind).
"
chadam189 wrote:

Any chance this is SSF viable? It seems like a lot of uniques are BiS or close to it (Atziri's Foible, Skyforth, Cloak, Essence Worm, Clear Mind).

So the answer is Yes and No.

I started out in SSF mindset - and did manage to farm most things, Pledge of Hands, the helmet. The rest was replaced with strong craftable rares.

I could not reach AS high potential without full uniques but if you run Wrath and reserve 50% of your mana, your mana regen should be able to keep up with your Archmage.

It sounds a little gimped but I did all endgame content with ease. Towards the end of the season I gave up (as Im going on a holiday) and bought the Watchers eye, Fioble and Skyforth (i got lucky dropping the chest piece). And now, as with everyone else, all content is literally trivialized. I even crafted the BiS helmet which OP linked originally + an Awakened Curse on Hit through harvest.

Fair warning, took my about 8-9 days to farm Pledge of Hands.
"
Sallek wrote:
"
chadam189 wrote:

So the answer is Yes and No.

I started out in SSF mindset - and did manage to farm most things, Pledge of Hands, the helmet. The rest was replaced with strong craftable rares.

I could not reach AS high potential without full uniques but if you run Wrath and reserve 50% of your mana, your mana regen should be able to keep up with your Archmage.

It sounds a little gimped but I did all endgame content with ease. Towards the end of the season I gave up (as Im going on a holiday) and bought the Watchers eye, Fioble and Skyforth (i got lucky dropping the chest piece). And now, as with everyone else, all content is literally trivialized. I even crafted the BiS helmet which OP linked originally + an Awakened Curse on Hit through harvest.

Fair warning, took my about 8-9 days to farm Pledge of Hands.

Also I was just looking around and found this one
https://poedb.tw/us/Rot-Resistant

That might help you a lot. Wish I knew about it earlier.
Hi! I'm really enjoying the build, the damage is very strong but i seem to be getting randomly 1 shot on higher tier maps. Can anyone give me tips on how to improve the survivability on my build. Much appreciated

Here's the PoB
https://pastebin.com/U2MWVEmR
Hi, I started playing POE this league and I'm wondering which of the POB I'm supposed to use, in the main section of the guide you have one POB labeled "current" and under 3.11 thoughts you have one "non crit" version.

Also curious as to why you use controlled destruction in a crit build, or is that aimed at the non crit build?^

Cheers

Hi,

Same question ^^ I follow this build for non-crit BL because crit BL was nerfed.

I follow this build tree https://pastebin.com/TfKmNvM5 in the section "Thoughts about 3.11"
Hi, how this compare to Scion version of archmage ball lightning ? (more dmg, tankier, easier to gear ??) And how you sustain your mana ??

TY!
This build is one of my fav builds of the league, second only next to my 20mil cyclone slayer. So much fun to play! I noticed that you had another staff on your swap. Do you map with that and then swap to pledge for boss fights?
how do I stop getting randomly 1 shotted by anything on red tier maps with this build, got bored of dying tbh, my dmg is enough to kill anything off-screen but even if 1 monster manages to hit me I die with 4k~ life 7k mana something has to be wrong
ever thought of adding glancing blows to the build for more survivability?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info