[3.10] LL Storm Brand Hierophant 8k+ ES, 10k Mana, 10M+ DPS per brand

Edited
"
froztyxx wrote:
"
Zweetsok wrote:

@froztyxx

Funny that with all that ex in the build (incl. flask) you equipped such a shitty weapon.

I tried to get the same wand as the POB of this build, but it still has lower DPS than the one I equipped.

Sorry I realize now that my comment was less than helpful. What I meant to say that a wand with high spelldamage, mana, crit (if you run a crit build), possilby gain x% of non chaos damage as chaos damage and/or a trigger would be better.

Also for this build the weapon seems to have a whole lot less effect on dps than in a lot of other builds. It seems to be the case of min/maxing a bit.. All percentages add up. Ascendancy are extremely important. A lot of the rest simply comes from the tree and trying to get as much mana on gear as possible.

:)
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 6, 2020, 2:48:02 AM
Finding it hard to understand how this build can function without a watchers eye for the 2k+ ES increase, I got really good gear but still sitting on 5k ES and getting one shotted often.

I dont mean to sound offensive sorry Im LOVING this build, I really wanna play it without worrying about dying as much.

To be fair it is destroying everything, but im wondering if theres a tankier approach we can take before getting a clarity watchers eye
Last edited by imRadial on Apr 6, 2020, 3:38:54 AM
"
Magillanica wrote:
"
McGrath_ wrote:
Thank you for this awesome build ! Having a lot of fun with it. Even T16 100% Delirious Maps + 2 Simulacrum bosses at wave 20 are a breeze, one shotting all the endgame bosses aswell. For the ones complaining about the survivability of this build; currently sitting at around 7.5k ES and i got a lot more tanky once i added several defensive layers on top of that (UI which gives you endurance charges and a Cluster Jewel with "Storm Drinker" and "Disorienting Display"). Maybe thats an option worth considering for you aswell.

Thank you for mentioning the large Cluster Jewel! I was thinking about a way to get some sort of blind, but I didn't know Disorienting Display. I tried Storm Drinker on PoB but my leech is already capped so I will probably use Scintillating Idea instead. With 8 passive skills and 2 sockets it's very efficient.

No problem mate you are welcome. Thank you for mentioning that Cluster jewel, with some recent changes i went up to 8.3k es now and gained like 6 mio Shaper DPS on top of that. My Leech was also already capped so i ditched that node and went with a Cluster jewel thats pretty similar to the one you posted.
Last edited by McGrath_ on Apr 6, 2020, 4:02:17 AM
im pushing to lvl 97 because i fucked up with one of my rings (needed some extra str) and i must say that once you get to the 1.5m dps mark chain support becomes a must for mapping, i swapped concentrated effect with chain because i died 2 times to a divine shrine and now i simply cant bother to switch back, clear speed is almost doubled and bosses still die in 4 secs
hey guys, can someone maybe give me some advice on gearing this build on a 13ex budget what to get first, after that i will farm currency to upgrade everything as i got along, or wouldnt that be do able ?
"
imRadial wrote:
Finding it hard to understand how this build can function without a watchers eye for the 2k+ ES increase, I got really good gear but still sitting on 5k ES and getting one shotted often.

I dont mean to sound offensive sorry Im LOVING this build, I really wanna play it without worrying about dying as much.

To be fair it is destroying everything, but im wondering if theres a tankier approach we can take before getting a clarity watchers eye

How would 2k more ES help you from not getting one shot if it already bypassed your mana (which means you have none left) assuming you are using ivory tower? I mean you have a 13K buffer. If you run around with -60 chaos resist that buffer might as well be zero.

Explosions and the crap from dilirums will one shot you no matter what if they explode underneath your feet and for ranged (projectile) one shots there is an pantheon that can help out. Playstyle helps a lot too. Switching pantheon's depending on what kind of map/mobs you are facing helps too.

Not sure why you are running a round with a life flask when you are low life.. at least use an atziri's or rumi's.

Spirited response might work better for survival instead of the watcher's eye you are using. Because it will keep your mana up much faster whih is a lot of defenses as well. Assuming you are casting enduring cry on every occasion possible. Link second wind to it too..

Cinderswallow 3% roll on ES instead of 2% will help. The 1% matters especially if you are killing 40 mobs in 1 blow. That's an extra 40% ES regen.
Last edited by Zweetsok on Apr 6, 2020, 6:44:12 AM
don't mess with the -60% chaos resistance club
"
How would 2k more ES help you from not getting one shot if it already bypassed your mana (which means you have none left) assuming you are using ivory tower? I mean you have a 13K buffer. If you run around with -60 chaos resist that buffer might as well be zero.

Explosions and the crap from dilirums will one shot you no matter what if they explode underneath your feet and for ranged (projectile) one shots there is an pantheon that can help out. Playstyle helps a lot too. Switching pantheon's depending on what kind of map/mobs you are facing helps too.

Not sure why you are running a round with a life flask when you are low life.. at least use an atziri's or rumi's.

Spirited response might work better for survival instead of the watcher's eye you are using. Because it will keep your mana up much faster whih is a lot of defenses as well. Assuming you are casting enduring cry on every occasion possible. Link second wind to it too..

Cinderswallow 3% roll on ES instead of 2% will help. The 1% matters especially if you are killing 40 mobs in 1 blow. That's an extra 40% ES regen.

Perfect answer, appreciate the response will make some changes accordingly.

Isnt MoM a good defensive option? or is there a reason we dont take it.
Last edited by imRadial on Apr 6, 2020, 7:31:27 AM
"Mind Over Matter (often referred to as MoM) is a keystone passive skill that allows the character's mana to absorb a portion of the damage dealt to life." It only works on life, so you can't use it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info