"
DarkJen wrote:
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
Rutzy wrote:
well 3.10 is dead on arrival

yep.

i've bought division 2 and having a lot of fun.
will keep me busy for spring.

at this point, i disagree with ggg ideologically. so much is wrong with this game that i will not even bother to name all things. the game has many outdated rudimental elements, disrespects player's time and situation is becoming worse every league. not worth playing at this moment.

Can second this. If GGG wants us to skip their league - then why release it at all?

They are not touching things whats not working at all and things whats broken, but tend to "fix" things whats were good after all?
Calling hard nerfs as "this is a buff"?
Making unpopular things?
Destroying builds?
Destroyng ascendancies?
Destroing incentive to have awaken bonus at all?

And this is with having keystones equiped feels like punishment already, cuz its breaking map drop.

I really doubt who is sane here, really?

______
About mods on maps.
No regen and reflect as many many many says - must go away. Its really outdated and counterfun mods. They are not feeling hard. They are just no go for too many builds. As no leech. Especially mana leech.

İF GGG DONT MAKE LEAGUE HOW WİLL THEY SELL SUPPORTER PACK TO PLAYERS OR MTX ?
personally I think that maps should not drop so frequently, its cool and fun to find more maps but still I think drop rate is too big and if you increase it even more then it can cause some bad stuff like ruining economy in some parts of it

but I love that you guys share this info with players that way :)
"
Shaddrak wrote:
It's shocking at how much people bitch about an amazing free to play game. If you don't like this then fuck off and go play diablo immortal or some other lame bullshit game. All I read is a bunch of people bitching and it's annoying me. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GGG!

Are you implying that simply because the game is f2p it should be immune from any criticism? Sure there are a few people raging but the majority of comments are offering constructive, reasonable criticism. If people don't let GGG know what they want then how can they possibly be expected to develop the game in a way that the majority of the playerbase can enjoy?
"
Wissle wrote:
"If there are any other problematic mods other than ailments, please let us know and we'll look at those too."

Huh... shouldn't YOU as the developers know what other mods exist and could be problematic? :D

If they knew - they wouldn't force the option to make the mods stronger with the Atlas progression.
They've realized just now that they've fucked up in some other area, but as usual - they're going to double down with their stupid ideas instead of reverting these changes and going back to the drawing board.

Obviously - they haven't thought anything through, the new atlas is just a random mess made of random ideas mixed together.

And the new patch just slaps some random tweaks that bring a lot of new issues on top of the old ones like Delve/Temple chests not dropping maps, etc
Last edited by jewelsy2 on Mar 4, 2020, 5:47:51 AM
My take on the atlas changes:

I enjoy playing PoE and running maps a lot. I dont enjoy map trading and I dont enjoy the hassle with map sustain, especially situations where your options are very limited and when running a new tier map results in zero sustain (aka map drops) despite juicing (alch, chisel, vaal, sextans, frags) the hell out of it.
The 3.9 changes and especially the awakening bonus objectives provided to me enjoyment by lowering the sustain hassle significantly and giving a sense of advancement. As a result I played the Metamorph League much more than I initially planned. Not having to worry about map sustain from a certain point on was a very satisfying experience.
I also would like to add that these changes helped a lot to rectify the broken map drops from Delve and Temple; now this was a real balancing issue and should have never happened.

I wonder what GGG has to lose by keeping these changes ? Will the community play more or less when they dont have to worry about map sustain ? I think a player who is enjoying a league much longer is also more likely to invest in MTX. And is more likely to come back when a new league starts.I also wonder if the map sustain design and the need for balancing is even necessary any longer  ? Are there any metrics suggesting that this is a good thing for the overall health of the game ?
And I wonder why GGG thinks that the map sustain needs balancing while not addressing other far more problematic issues which can break the balance of a whole league, e.g. the Headhunter.
"
Ayternity wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
While map mods are designed to hinder your character, the Map Mod Effect can sometimes push it over a reasonable limit. We will make adjustments to those cases.

If there are any other problematic mods other than ailments, please let us know and we'll look at those too.

The two mods that for me should be looked into are
1- -% maximum player resistances.
2- Players have % less recovery rate of life and energy shield.

I agree with this.
Baseline i think these mods are fine but with the bonus they are quite scary, too scary imo
"
riverstomp wrote:
My take on the atlas changes:

I enjoy playing PoE and running maps a lot. I dont enjoy map trading and I dont enjoy the hassle with map sustain, especially situations where your options are very limited and when running a new tier map results in zero sustain (aka map drops) despite juicing (alch, chisel, vaal, sextans, frags) the hell out of it.
The 3.9 changes and especially the awakening bonus objectives provided to me enjoyment by lowering the sustain hassle significantly and giving a sense of advancement. As a result I played the Metamorph League much more than I initially planned. Not having to worry about map sustain from a certain point on was a very satisfying experience.
I also would like to add that these changes helped a lot to rectify the broken map drops from Delve and Temple; now this was a real balancing issue and should have never happened.

I wonder what GGG has to lose by keeping these changes ? Will the community play more or less when they dont have to worry about map sustain ? I think a player who is enjoying a league much longer is also more likely to invest in MTX. And is more likely to come back when a new league starts.I also wonder if the map sustain design and the need for balancing is even necessary any longer  ? Are there any metrics suggesting that this is a good thing for the overall health of the game ?
And I wonder why GGG thinks that the map sustain needs balancing while not addressing other far more problematic issues which can break the balance of a whole league, e.g. the Headhunter.

I agree with most of what you said. Although the HH part I beg to differ, I think most of what you mentioned about mapping and sustainment is great and spot on.

I leveled a character to 100 recently in the standard league. In my leveling experience after reaching 98, level 14 maps become very marginal in terms of giving me any xp boost. I have to get level 15 and 16 and luckily with the Atlas change and increased drop rate from AW8, I was able to level relatively smoothly. That being said I still got problems with one or two zones where it was simply impossible to obtain even T14 maps, and I had to run a few leve 6-7 maps simply to advance the Sirus encounter. Imagine rolling these all back - what you have would be constant trading for maps (at say 20c each) which costs you significant amount of resource (at my clearing speed 300c at least per hour, considering dropping some of the maps needed) which is ridiculously discouraging. It is a very simple idea that GGG got to understand - people need to enjoy the game to keep playing. I like the game and want to play more but if I have to go to trading section for maps every one to two hours, then this game's joy for me is dramatically reduced. How can I, in this case, spend more money on MTX or spend more time into the game? More playing equals more frustration in this case.
"
CrazyPanda221 wrote:
"
Shaddrak wrote:
It's shocking at how much people bitch about an amazing free to play game. If you don't like this then fuck off and go play diablo immortal or some other lame bullshit game. All I read is a bunch of people bitching and it's annoying me. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GGG!

Are you implying that simply because the game is f2p it should be immune from any criticism? Sure there are a few people raging but the majority of comments are offering constructive, reasonable criticism. If people don't let GGG know what they want then how can they possibly be expected to develop the game in a way that the majority of the playerbase can enjoy?
seriously, in the very first place GGG don't care at all what we are saying. They never did and never will and never CAN with that *ù^$= they are calling a forum, a total disgrace (even 10 years ago). Would they listen to their customers they must have started with it. Proof they don't care, at all.

Started before Harbinguer and I'm playing less and less. As mostly a SSF player I feel even more frustrated by the stupid choices, league after league. And exilecon just confirmed it plenty to me.

/my2cents
good
In my humble opinion you should have leave atlas as it was and implement the fragmented memory system as endgame so people can add thousand of memory maps having the chance to get infinite modifiers so people will never get tired and never will find a limit in their progression, yes I know we have delve but is not the same, shattered memories was the perfect combo between mapping and delving.... "but people complain about that system" I think even more people has complain about this new atlas.
But good job anyway, the problem here is the next you aren´t beer so you can´t make everyone happy :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info