Dialogue scroll speed is faster than NPCs can speak.

"
Reference number 357114008.

At some point in the last couple of weeks, the rate at which text scrolls in dialogue sped up. I made a new character and interacted with the first NPC in the game, the Dying Exile in The Twilight Strand, without a weapon equipped. The text for his lines now finishes scrolling and ends his speech before he can get through his last line. The same thing happened with Nessa in one of the first things she says to new characters. I did not use the scroll wheel to speed up or slow down the text in either of these cases.

Here's a screenshot, if that helps:
https://ibb.co/tXQmjtp

i'm facing the same issue
Re-started poe after a few years to find SO MANY FANTASTIC NEW THINGS, I'm extremely excited. I wanna hear the dialogue but this issue definitively kills the mood :/
This is still happening in Delirium league as of 5/3/2020. Steam version of PoE.

I'm trying to listen to the voice acting for the journals of the Conquerors, but the text scrolls by so quickly that the text box closes and dialogue gets cut off before I can hear the whole thing!

Same goes for basically every piece of dialogue. Would really be nice if this were looked into more, but I guess with the quarantine this issue may be put on the backburner.

Still, it bugs me. Voice acting adds to the atmosphere of the game world. I want to hear it!

EDIT: A stopgap solution I've found is to scroll up with the mouse-wheel during the dialogue, but it would be nice to not have to do this!
Last edited by Varexius on May 3, 2020, 10:55:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info