Dialogue scroll speed is faster than NPCs can speak.

Reference number 357114008.

At some point in the last couple of weeks, the rate at which text scrolls in dialogue sped up. I made a new character and interacted with the first NPC in the game, the Dying Exile in The Twilight Strand, without a weapon equipped. The text for his lines now finishes scrolling and ends his speech before he can get through his last line. The same thing happened with Nessa in one of the first things she says to new characters. I did not use the scroll wheel to speed up or slow down the text in either of these cases.

Here's a screenshot, if that helps:
https://ibb.co/tXQmjtp
Last edited by NathanielQThomas on Feb 19, 2020, 4:20:30 PM
Last bumped on May 3, 2020, 10:48:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bug Report reference number 3,662,990,079

I am having this same issue with the text moving too fast for the dialogue during Al-Hazmi's Journal 3 directly after winning the conqueror fight. The voice lines will play about two thirds of the total dialogue and then stop because the text reached the end, causing the window to close.
same issue came to post the bug report.
Ref#: 210,971,790
"
Reference number 357114008.

At some point in the last couple of weeks, the rate at which text scrolls in dialogue sped up. I made a new character and interacted with the first NPC in the game, the Dying Exile in The Twilight Strand, without a weapon equipped. The text for his lines now finishes scrolling and ends his speech before he can get through his last line. The same thing happened with Nessa in one of the first things she says to new characters. I did not use the scroll wheel to speed up or slow down the text in either of these cases.

Here's a screenshot, if that helps:
https://ibb.co/tXQmjtp

Thankyouforthereport,we'llgetthisfixedup,cheers.
We lost space.. Could this be a hint of a new League?
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by TauOrigin on Feb 24, 2020, 5:04:23 PM
Heh, that's some fast text.

Thank you for addressing this!
9 spaces missed, space symbol keycode is 32, 9*32=288. The bug will be fixed in 288 days.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
TauOrigin wrote:
We lost space.. Could this be a hint of a new League?

we lose all access to stash. no space to store anything.
Just because GGG doesn't do anything about scammers, doesn't mean they support scammers.

Complacency is not the same as endorsement.
While you're working on it, can you let us set the text speed ourselves? I read about 10x faster than your usual scroll speed and I get tired of waiting for it to go by. Or just give us a way to skip the scroll and have a scrollable text box.
I have the same issue.

League just started and it's pretty annoying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info