Metamorph Statistics: Challenges and Ascendancy Classes

The amount of players who reached 40 challenges is unknown ?

Really ?

WHY ?
I've been tearing stuff up with my Slayer Cyclone Build. I'd love to find a good necromancer build for my next character.

I have about 10 EX worth of gear on my Slayer, should I sell it all when I start over?
LOL. So many scammers/bots with 1 achiev...
May be You will do something with this?
Whats wrong with scion/ascendant? Being on the bottom of the lists
All I see is that Necromancer needs a serious nerf. No class should dominate that much two leagues in a row. You have a serious balance problem. And please, don't turn them from top class to completely useless either, we need balance, not useless classes.
Last edited by RamzaBehoulve on Jan 28, 2020, 1:11:48 PM
"
Xystre wrote:
"challenges were easy this time"
yeah cuz there was no RNG, imagine if they were RNG based like blight..

when you're dealing with the normal endgame and league both heavily RNG based..

you will be back here, saying that it's "too rng based".

it's not "easy" it's straight forward, no bullshit as it should be.. no RNG garbage with the only objective to basically keep you playing on the hamster wheel.

lookup the characters and challenges of those with 36+ challenges, it's nolifers mostly.

no-rng challenges cater to those who are able to sink unholy hours into the game.
it's mostly the same group which hangs around here and posts alot and also dwells on reddit.

of course it's in their interest to get challenges in a way that results in the least effort for them: either tradeable cause they got plenty currency by ripping off trading newbies or just challenges that solve themselves by playing.

at that point, ggg can also just grant challenges by reaching certain level thresholds.

---

not wondering why so many players got more challenges completed than in blight at that time of the league either.

as of today, leagues got "nolife the start of a league or gtfo". not only economy wise ... the later you start, the more stuff got fixed that allowed for easy peasy challenge completions.

it's not fair to have late starters sink hundreds of hours into the game while early starters got the same challenge state in a few hours.

eh, whom do i talk to anyway, ggg doesn't read here and the rest isn't on the casual player side either.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
What evolution after we seeing here exactly? Minions are still kind but a large margin, as has been the case for a while across multiple leagues.

If this isn't a sign of a stand still, and failed balance changes, then I do not know what is. But it certainly is not a sign of evolving.

The day we see a melee as #1 (as it would be the biggest sign of actually change), then I'll accept some drastic changes have been made. As long as it remains the same as past leagues, regardless of re-works and balance, it's just more of the same.
PC : SqueakyToyOfTerror
XB : R3SPAWN#7045
Discord : R3SPAWN
12 and 24 was doable while charakter devloping thats alright. The Challenges to 36 seems to be fair. Not easy but obtainable if you realy want to.

-The Endgame Grind challenge is so hard that nobody i know would even try it.

-Kill Bosses on conditions challenges are a pain in the ass , hard to impossible to many builds, and no fun at all. Atleast the ones for Guardians and Sirius.

- I didnt like the Rewards for 12 and 24, Rewards could be better at all(not just in this league)
- There should be more steps. Like one Reward for 8 16 24 32 40
- Give a HUUUUUUUUUGE reward for doing 40!!!

and btw

You realy should consider to add some Events. That would realy pep things up. More then any fresh content ever could.
"
chij72 wrote:
curious, how many of those non-ascended players are bots? do u have some approximate percentage?

99% of them.

20% of the entire playerbase is bots. If not more.
~ Seph
I don't think it's fair to compare it to Blight League, which had its own external factors at play: most of the serious players actually skipped that league entirely, due to no fault of the game's own: WoW Classic and Destiny 2 FTP launched the very same week as Blight League, if memory serves. That made Blight the least-played league of the 3.x era by far.

In terms of challenge count, I'm noticing a lot flatter (and lower) gain rate. Plus, we're over halfway through the league, and still the bar for 40/40 is at zero pixels long?

While many are reporting many of the challenges are "easier" the different contour of the results is... Weird. By comparison, let's look at Legion league, at FOUR weeks in (instead of 6½):

One takeaway is... We have an awful lot of 1-challenge accounts in Metamorph this time around, while those that push climb numbers pretty consistently... At least until they pass 36. (the big drop from 1 to 2 makes me wonder just how many bots there might be...)

While I opted to skip the league entirely myself, I could tell that some of the challenges were getting pretty nasty, even while most were pretty fair. A breakdown of some commentary:

• Defeat 1,500 Map Bosses - I do actually miss this from Harbinger League. This is the league's mandatory "do a hell of a lot of maps" challenge, and this one's the most fair way about it; it rewards clever thinking, and can rapidly be done by strategically twinning maps with multiple bosses. (e.g, triple-boss maps like Arena, City Square, Graveyard, Vaal Pyramid, etc.) Given the new Atlas system allows for just easily getting lots of white maps of the right kind, this is a lot more reasonable than previously, so it DOESN'T count as a "nasty" one.

• Defeat Conquerers Conditionally - This is a bit of a lopsided list. Some are very easy (Drox, for instance, runs FAR too long to NOT destroy 10 banners) while others might be confusing to accomplish, namely Al-Hezmin's. And failing one of this can get frustrating since this means you'll be a long way from another attempt.

• Complete these Encounters VI - This really is just a particularly high-end trading challenge, especially once you get in the "level an awakened gem to 5." Not exactly hard... But kinda annoying.

• Defeat Sirus Conditionally - Sirus is a buggy boss fight, and very un-fun to do. I'll admit I still don't know exactly whether you can use skills like Dash and avoid failing a lot of these challenges; all I know is that I don't think I've ever gotten hit by these things (let alone died) so far. This feels like possibly the most frustrating challenge: one failure and you gotta wait a LONG while to try again, and it'd never be clear what you did wrong. Bad challenge.

• Complete Deadly Encounters - Only frustrating because of how much more work/RNG getting Uber Elder is gated behind now.

• Complete Endgame Grinds - This is possibly the worst grind list I've ever seen so far; for once hitting 100 appears to be the easiest of them all. Doing Sirus -75 times- is nuts: no one is "fairly" going to do it. They're either doing "Sirus carries" or paying to get completions; the game needs less of these type of pseudo-trading challenges. The Legion encounters one, besides being kinda laggy, just goes to "spend 1,200 chaos orbs on the map device;" not exactly creative.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info