[Archived] Moosseolini's Holy Relics Guardian

"
karmakomando wrote:
am i a full pepega? i cant seem to figure out how you get a second holy relic like i saw in one of the videos.

The second holy relic comes from the unique helmet, Geofri's Legacy. It will be your best-in-slot and you can only equip it at level 62.
I've been playing this as my league starter and enjoying it so far. I've just now gotten to maps and fixing up my leveling gear, and gotten ahold of the Geofris legacy to speed things up. I've picked up a cheap 6L staff with the endgame colors, attackspeed, and a +1 level mod that should last a good while, but since it will be a good while until Empower is leveled I'm wondering what would be a good temporary support for that red socket? PoB seems to think that the new Cruelty support would give it a massive boost but I'm not sure if it's accurate or not. Less Duration seems like the next best option. I was holding out hope that shockwave support would work but unfortunately it seems it doesn't. So any recommendation?

Aside from that, my only gripe with the build isn't with the build itself but rather I really don't like the long long windup animation for static strike. I had been leveling with a Brightbeak to mitigate it but now that I've changed to a staff it's nearly unbearable again. Aside from finding the expensive gloves with Faster Attacks am I just gonna have to deal with it? I'd really rather not go cyclone.
Tempus Fugit
"
Shiken wrote:
I'm wondering what would be a good temporary support for that red socket? PoB seems to think that the new Cruelty support would give it a massive boost but I'm not sure if it's accurate or not. Less Duration seems like the next best option. I was holding out hope that shockwave support would work but unfortunately it seems it doesn't. So any recommendation?

Looking at the gem, Cruelty should work with Summon Holy Relic.

"
Shiken wrote:
Aside from that, my only gripe with the build isn't with the build itself but rather I really don't like the long long windup animation for static strike. I had been leveling with a Brightbeak to mitigate it but now that I've changed to a staff it's nearly unbearable again. Aside from finding the expensive gloves with Faster Attacks am I just gonna have to deal with it? I'd really rather not go cyclone.

Unfortunately, Static Strike and Cyclone are the only skills that allow us to trigger the relic precisely off cooldown while also allowing us to move. We can only modify the slow wind-up animation of Static Strike by getting more attack speed. There are two temporary fixes for the attack speed that I can think of.
1) Pick up the Ophidian Aim passive wheel, right below Gravepact.
2) Consider replacing Fortify with Multistrike support.

It's a shame that Static Strike is so clunky, but there's nothing we can do except speed up the animation. For some reason, the animation has a very slow first strike and a very fast second strike too, which only adds to the frustration.

Last edited by Moosseolini on Apr 19, 2021, 2:23:34 PM
To anyone playing this build in Ultimatum, how do the relics stand up in red map ultimatum encounters? Looking to try this as my 2nd build, but those encounters seem very rough for minion survivability! Looking for some opinions.

Thanks!
"
Magicallum wrote:
To anyone playing this build in Ultimatum, how do the relics stand up in red map ultimatum encounters? Looking to try this as my 2nd build, but those encounters seem very rough for minion survivability! Looking for some opinions.
Thanks!

Definitely rough for minion survivability. My presently lvl26 Relics are having a very rough time staying alive on wave 6+, even in white maps. That said, I'm not sure how/if the ground effects and stuff scale in maps.

I can still get +3 lvls on the relic, but that won't be any time soon (finished crafted stuff for 2, amulet for 1). Can still can a good abyssal jewel for belt with a bit of regen + leech, and may actually look at a minion survivability anoint this league. (Indomitable Army?)

Bottled Faith also amazing, but that is also a whiles away.

I'll report back in a day or three! Wouldn't even be shocked to see GGG modify some of the effects .. Holy Relics are decently tanky, I have no idea how totem builds or weaker minions are faring. 0_0

Worst case scenario, maybe have to switch Predator for Minion Health before doing Ultimatums in red maps. Would be lame tho, I hate gem swapping. :D
Last edited by Gescom on Apr 20, 2021, 11:41:51 PM
The ultimatums throw around a lot of elemental damage, and holy relics base resistance is only 40!
Investing in some minion resistance should be more worthwhile then just minion life.
"
Nephalon wrote:
The ultimatums throw around a lot of elemental damage, and holy relics base resistance is only 40!
Investing in some minion resistance should be more worthwhile then just minion life.

To add to this comment, there are two main good ways to get minion resistance:
1) Suffix 'of Resilience' on Cobalt Jewels.
2) On the passive tree, particularly the 'Indomitable Army' wheel.

Note that the relics are not directly targetable by enemies and are unaffected by ground effects. It just goes to show how much 'stuff' the enemies throw in your direction.
Last edited by Moosseolini on Apr 21, 2021, 2:27:22 PM
So far, I've been able to entirely solve the issue simply by taking the 'Suffering' wheel for Minion survivability. I got the Master of Command ++ Replenishing Presence Clusters up, which give 1% (x2!) regen to Allies, which I had forgotten about. I'm also actively avoiding the Miasma (poison cloud) ultimatum which I think was causing the most problem before.

With a few gem levels and Bottled Faith I'm almost sure I can unspec these points, may up with just only the different anoint compared to last league. :0)
"
Gescom wrote:
I'm also actively avoiding the Miasma (poison cloud) ultimatum which I think was causing the most problem before.

you know, I'm inclined to agree with you here. it's definitely a specific mod in ultis, since mine never die during normal maps outside of reflect. I've pick up my first large cluster so far, but seems the mediums will take more time. I'll look into 'Suffering' as well.
Tempus Fugit
Amazing build OP

I am having so much fun.

I was wondering... Maybe a belly of the beast with:

- riposte/reckoning (or both)
- life on hit
- curse on hit
- vulnerability

What do you think?

A 6 link is really expensive, but a 5 is quite afordable, although I lose 1055 life equiping it...

Any alternative to Kaom's Heart that could let me use this block + life + curse
set up?

Thank you guys

PD: gloves I am proud of:

Right now equipping a Femur, although I have the base staff and just need to work on the veiled mods^^

EDIT: going with a belly of the beast 5 linked. I'll let you know how it goes
Last edited by WarbossPOE on Apr 24, 2021, 3:15:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info