[3.9] ICE NOVA GUARDIAN. INSANE DPS. INSANE DEFENSE. BUILD OF THE LEAGUE.

"
pnfirehawk wrote:
"
Anointedone wrote:
Really stupid question, so I apologize, but I don't usually play self-cast builds. How are you proccing ice nova/frostbolt without CoC and nova not being linked at all to frostbolt.

Not sure if asking me but you manually cast frostbolt and the description of ice nova says if there is a frostbolt by it will cast off that instead of you.

I was asking anyone willing to answer. Thank you :)
lovin the build so far, so long to go!

in terms of awakening gems, which ones should i aim for first?
I think the most pertinent ones to the build are:

awakened spell echo
awakened added cold damage
awakened greater multi projectiles support
awakened cold penetration
(not sure if i forgot one or if there are other ones)

which one should i save up for first?
Liking the build so far, I got 23 ex left and got most of the items on the build, however which should i prioritize: getting the crusader anointment or getting a watcher's eye?
"
Mustlord59 wrote:
Liking the build so far, I got 23 ex left and got most of the items on the build, however which should i prioritize: getting the crusader anointment or getting a watcher's eye?

Well watchers eye is a bit more than 23ex prolly crusader imho.
Hi everyone. Great build! My second for this league. I’ve just started on it and have level up to 40 about to hit the point where I need to start purchasing some of the gear and I have some questions.

I have 6 ex outright which I can use to buy a 6L pledge or Shav. I was thinking of buying one at 6L and then buying the other with cheap chaos and using my 500 Fusings to try and 6L it manually.
What does anyone think? Good idea or should I just convert my excess other currencies/maps/gear into EX and buy the other 6L outright?

I have about 400 in chaos which should be enough (provided I don’t spend it to get more EX for the above 6L. To buy all the other items I need for the build. Already have some oils and stuff.

My other question is I’ve been focusing while leveling on just spreading myself out over the tree to build the framework where in the later levels I can pick up the needed nodes later. I.E. I’ve head straight toward Ghost Reaver Node skipping pretty much everything on the way. Should I grab crit or energy first once I’ve got the framework laid? Or just everything at once?

Thanks!
Does anyone know why my damage vs metamorphs feels quite low?

Is the gem level making that much of a difference?

Thanks for the help

Spoiler
Guys i tried to switch to this build last night, i was using a guardian zombie build, but i dont know what i did wrong (besides killing all bandits), i feels like i'm not tank at all and the damage is not impressive... can someone help me out?

i tried to get everything like the guide said, but some things are 30ex+ like the watchers eye...
"
PUNSHET2 wrote:
lovin the build so far, so long to go!

in terms of awakening gems, which ones should i aim for first?
I think the most pertinent ones to the build are:

awakened spell echo
awakened added cold damage
awakened greater multi projectiles support
awakened cold penetration
(not sure if i forgot one or if there are other ones)

which one should i save up for first?

Awakened added cold at lvl 5 to replace hypothermia. Then awakened cold pen. Awakened AOE is good for little bit extra dmg while clearing.

"
Lunarsz wrote:
How important is the Bottled faith?
If I check the consecrated ground off, and remove the HH/Bottled faith DPS goes down about 600k in PoB?

Have around 16Ex at the moment, would that be fine to start this?
At the same time don't wanna start this if it can do well in red maps/guardians.

Prices of certain things increased quite drastically after this guide. Bottled faith is pretty important to round out your crit. Check the dps with increased crit strikes and no bottled faith. Don't need to uncheck consecrated ground as zealotry will create it below enemies anyway.

"
Mustlord59 wrote:

Crusader annointment is 20-30% more dmg depending on Mana total.

"
SelixFoH wrote:
Hi everyone. Great build! My second for this league. I’ve just started on it and have level up to 40 about to hit the point where I need to start purchasing some of the gear and I have some questions.

I have 6 ex outright which I can use to buy a 6L pledge or Shav. I was thinking of buying one at 6L and then buying the other with cheap chaos and using my 500 Fusings to try and 6L it manually.
What does anyone think? Good idea or should I just convert my excess other currencies/maps/gear into EX and buy the other 6L outright?

I have about 400 in chaos which should be enough (provided I don’t spend it to get more EX for the above 6L. To buy all the other items I need for the build. Already have some oils and stuff.

My other question is I’ve been focusing while leveling on just spreading myself out over the tree to build the framework where in the later levels I can pick up the needed nodes later. I.E. I’ve head straight toward Ghost Reaver Node skipping pretty much everything on the way. Should I grab crit or energy first once I’ve got the framework laid? Or just everything at once?

Thanks!

Buy 6L pledge asap. Big dmg boost.

For tree take life nodes when leveling and damage nodes. You can respec to lowlife with 5000-6000 ES at level 68 which will be enough. (Once you equip both pledge and shavs, and have the guardian %mana to ES node.)

"
Does anyone know why my damage vs metamorphs feels quite low?

Is the gem level making that much of a difference?

Thanks for the help

Spoiler

No idea why your damage is so low. Damage is very overkill when mapping even with fast projectile speed on frostbolt and AOE inside ice nova. Using slower projectiles and conc effect and casting frostbolt correctly so you have time to cast a ton of novas to overlap the boss is very important. Get bottled faith. Crit is probably low. Annoint Crusader.

"
Guys i tried to switch to this build last night, i was using a guardian zombie build, but i dont know what i did wrong (besides killing all bandits), i feels like i'm not tank at all and the damage is not impressive... can someone help me out?

i tried to get everything like the guide said, but some things are 30ex+ like the watchers eye...

See my above reply alot of this might apply to you aswell.

Crit is probably low without bottled faith and your jewels need more multi after you fix your crit. Make sure you're using frostbolt correctly.
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Nvm
Last edited by Brookizlol on Jan 7, 2020, 3:01:42 PM
Really impressive build, what do you think of going CI for 20k energy shield and chaos damage immunity? Yes you lose the spell damage but sounds like this build does too much damage already?

Secondly, how do you calculate say, your realistic boss DPS on a shaper sized boss? Do you cast frost bolt then ice Nova or does Ice Nova get cast for you when frost bolt hits?

I am slightly confused about this interaction.

When I get bored from Herald of Agony I will give this a shot for sure. Mana guardian defense is so solid, we can abuse whatever high damage skill of the moment.
Last edited by hitmantb on Jan 7, 2020, 4:53:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info