Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Pimousse wrote:
you admit here the overall average player damage has incresaed
in ExileCon, you said you want to bring back the difficulty of early POE in the game

And your solution is ... ? getting monster stronger (res/armour:life) ?
why not lowering skills power ... ?
whenever a skill is unused/low used after release, you adjust its number up... why not getting the over used skills number down ?

that is getting too much Power Creep direction in my head, not getting the game more challenging

Thing is the reason for the player power creep isn't gem numbers, those stayed around the same place for a long time, it's the fact that new mechanics are added every league that increase the power of players.

Exemple for the last leagues-
1.in legion we got the timeless jewels which open lots of possible builds
2.in blight we got oils that let you get another notable node
3.in metamorph we are getting currency that increases the effectiveness of jewelry

In my exemple I didn't even include new uniques that open new build possibilities,

Every league we get more mechanics to improve our character while base numbers stay the same, more and more modifiers make it harder to fight power creep by lowering gem numbers, it's a lot easier to simply make all monsters harder to kill.

P.s we are even getting a new modifiers to counter the increase in armor on monsters
arc timeeee
All I wanted to say is: GOOD JOB, really!
IGN: Shhh_Its_your_death
"
zfate wrote:
People don't get that this CAN NOT happen with the powercreep in the game. They can't put 400 hours of boss mechanics when they can be insta-gibbed. They have to then put phases and people complain that it's a lazy mechanic, just make them more mechanically harder. They can't do that if they day in 2 seconds. Then the put invulnerability frames and it's still called lazy and just let me do dmg but make the boss harder.

This is exactly what is needed to put things in line with what is needed.People will still complain but this is what is needed.

Time will tell, we will see if numbers support your claim.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
jared948948 wrote:
So Blight league was the first league I even touched a summoner build, however the massive nerfs to summoning in general doesnt seem helpful. Summoner was the focal point of this league, but I didn't see that many people even using it. Same with the arc "buff"/"nerf".

Considering you have 8 league achievements (forgot the exact name, challenges?), you have played only up to end of levelling (killing Kitava). Necro starts her shennanigans after that , and more importantly for you - minions are invisible for other players. If that wasnt the case, it would make everyone trying to log in (bcs towns are log in hubs, why even have HO) crash due to RAM overload or instance crash (leading to crashing server, bcs we are wild monkeys going HUR,DUR,I NEED TO PLAY NOW leading to another Crash and Burn situation, like what happened in 3.7 - players were holding servers as hostages).
"
skillcode wrote:
"
jared948948 wrote:
So Blight league was the first league I even touched a summoner build, however the massive nerfs to summoning in general doesnt seem helpful. Summoner was the focal point of this league, but I didn't see that many people even using it. Same with the arc "buff"/"nerf".

Yes, me too. I only saw 40% of the player base playing summoner. In my book, that's way too low. I have to say it was so difficult to see a player with 5000000 zombies around him in every hideout.

And the season before that, everyone and their mother was Cyclone. That's how forcing a meta at gunpoint works. Now summoners will be nerfed, and Cyclone is indirectly nerfed yet again, moving them down the list. New shit will be buffed into god tier, and then it will be nerfed.

Instead of just constantly nerfing last season's builds, they should just buff under performing skills. Then we'd actually have diversity. But no, we'll pretend that "difficulty" is real in arpgs or that it matters, so that the kiddos can fulfill their fantasy here of being allstars in some online PvP tournament.

Buff some numbers, nerf some other numbers, and now the wannabes can say "OH I GET MORE ONE SHOT, SO THIS GAME SO HARD AND I GOOD AT IT LIKE FAKER".
Forum probation for calling someone a 'troll', so I lifetime banned myself from spending money on PoE.
"
nanakiinu wrote:
"
LoloJolo wrote:
Why?
It taking me 2 days to pass story!

REMOVE XP LOSS ON DEATH FOR SOFTCOVER LEAGUE!!!!

I'm player with DISABILITIES!
WHY YOU CONTINUING MAKING GAME UNPLAYABLE AND PAINFUL!?
What is wrong with you GGG?

I'M FEEL I'LL DROP THIS GAME!
I SPENT MORE THAN $500 supporting you for WHAT?

If Somebody WANT HARDCORE PLAY - LET THEM PLAY HARDCORE!
I didn't feel THAT GAME IS EASE! I STOPPED ON LEVEL 98 AND PLAYED MORE THAN MONTH ON THE SAME LEVEL 98 BECAUSE OF 1 SHOT DEATH FROM LAGS OR REGULAR MONSTERS WITH SUMMONER WITH 7.0K HP POOL AND 97+% RESISTANCE!

THIS IS TOTAL BULLSHIT!
GGG PREPARING GAME FOR PAY TO WIN!

1. its always, to my knowledge, been part of the game.
2. You dying is not at all in anyway making the game pay to win.
3. HC when you die that character is gone, not an xp loss, just gone completely. So where would that mechanic which makes sense go? It should always stay in core.

I believe you can pay to not lose experience on Chinese servers. Been an option there for a few years I think. If GGG now drops the experience loss on death the Chinese will riot.
"
ThoraxRO wrote:
Didn't you get used already with this? Legion league, buff cyclone (everyone played it), Blight league -> nerf cyclone to the ground (GGG said slightly back then too), buff minions (everyone played it). Metamorph league -> nerf minions ("slightly" - TO THE Fucking GROUND), prolly buff something else (as expected...after melee buff, then spell buff, now it's archers time to shine). This is how they keep the diversity of the game. It is annoying as fuck but this is how you keep people entertained and you don't let them get bored. Giving a shit of your hard work to make a build shine, just so they smash it next patch, looks like another day at work.

It is annoying as you say, but I finally can start crafting day 1 gaining fast currency on searching eye jewels and bows. Veteran crafters/traders know.
New carrots and new sticks.
Path of Nerf
astrologers have announced a reduction in the number of players in the league of metamorph
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info