ExileCon Recap

Spoiler
"
Prapic wrote:
"
nomorats wrote:
I watched it all and got 0 drops.. this whole thing "DO THIS TO WIN" is the cheapest trick for the dumb and it offends me that GGG applies it in everything they do. Yes, PoE IS a great game, PoE 2 will be even greater, but GGG, please take it EASY ON THE TRICKS, PLEASE! Your game is successful not because of those tricks..

Another thing.. How come no one addressed the question about better TRADING SYSTEM? A built-in browser would not help AT ALL. We need to be able to upload our items on a VENDOR, so other players can by them directly without having to:

1. copy and whisper
2. wait wait wait...
3. get invited (if lucky)
4. travel to hideout
5. initiate trade
6. trade (watch to not get cheated)

Just create a vendor system (like SWG for example had 15 years ago) PLEASE!
"
Prapic wrote:

It's not exactly easy to make such a system in a way that would be both easy and comfortable to use and not completely dominated by bots within days. Can't really see it happening anytime soon, unless you want to, dunno, do a captcha for every trade on both sides. That's viable for about ten minutes and then everyone will ragequit.

What would that bot do?
The vendor would be in player's hideout not on a website. Each player would have a limited number of items to upload to their vendor (which number grows as the vendor itself levels up - up to a certain level). I'm not saying that the current trading websites should stop, but just to add a vendor option where other players can just visit the item owner's hideout and buy items from the vendor even when the owner is offline.. I don't see how a bot would mess things up..
"
Tindraa wrote:
"
googie337 wrote:
no pvp news not even a tiny bitsy news? fail exilecon

Dude, get a clue. This does not define Exilecon. PVP is no/low priority for this game (as it should be). They've said it outright (it f's up the PvE experience and frankly wastes dev resources). They put it in, almost nobody uses it. Again, major waste of dev resources. Go play WoW.

PVP is actually a great way to keep players around who feel that the game has become too easy for them. Guess what? That's something the PoE devs have been struggling with lately, due to the (closely related) issue of piss-poor meta-oriented balance. It's probably worth at least a token amount of effort.

Love,
Someone who never plays PVP and has no horse in that race.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Tindraa wrote:
"
googie337 wrote:
no pvp news not even a tiny bitsy news? fail exilecon

Dude, get a clue. This does not define Exilecon. PVP is no/low priority for this game (as it should be). They've said it outright (it f's up the PvE experience and frankly wastes dev resources). They put it in, almost nobody uses it. Again, major waste of dev resources. Go play WoW.

PVP is actually a great way to keep players around who feel that the game has become too easy for them. Guess what? That's something the PoE devs have been struggling with lately, due to the (closely related) issue of piss-poor meta-oriented balance. It's probably worth at least a token amount of effort.

Love,
Someone who never plays PVP and has no horse in that race.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Thank you for the t shirt!
I love all the cry babies in this thread. "Zero drop gang" X-D Imagine being so mad about pixels.

I think it's amazing to see some of the people behind the characters we got to know and love.
Even though I wasn't there in person, I loved the livestreams, the announcements and the general positivity spread by the fans during the event.

My absolute highlight of the event has to be seeing how reliefed and happy Chris was after the crowd went wild seeing the announcement for PoE2.
The graphical overhaul, the new gem system, a whole new campaign, shapeshifting and a whole bunch of new ascendancy classes... just breathtaking... and certainly a lot to take in at first aswell as worth waiting for.
Having my hopes of a reworked endgame come true with Conquerors of the Atlas and having one of the most interesting looking new challenge leagues added to the game in less than 4 weeks is obviously also a huge deal.

That's the kind of stuff that certainly has me look forward to what the future holds for this game.

Keep it up GGG! Praises well deserved.

Spoiler
Supporter pack hype btw
bottomtext
Thanks for the amazing event. I watched it all and it was excited, it was like Christmass for me! So fun and exciting. Really looking forward for the coming expansion and poe 2. You guys at GGG are awesome!
Good stuff but 0 scams :D
"
Rakie1337 wrote:
"
freezEpica wrote:

LUL

You are really toxic! :D
I have zero drops too but dude, thats the RNG.
You say these things but you not own any supporter title well played.
We don't need you in this nice community!
Bye-bye toxic ^_^

They owe the absolute fuck out of us. The vast majority of us wouldn't have watched if it weren't for drops (obviously). I'm glad YOU don't care. But I care fucking greatly. I've never cared more about anything POE related before.

The lying absolutely destroyed me having any fun enjoying the event at all. I absolutely EXPECTED to be PAID for my investment. I was NOT watching this stupid shit for fun. I was watching for drops.

This is only my second league. Pretty clear they have destroyed me ever supporting their bullshit lies again.

I'm so beyond disappointed in you guys. You could absolutely fix this right now but you won't. You won't give free digital items to your own fucking loyal fans. [Removed by Support]

I wont be bothered to read further then this :D i mean seriously? free game, they offer free stuff if ur lucky. they prepare exilecon, let you watch it for free. they make a game, for free. they give out items for challanges, for free. they make stash tabs sales, for free. so tell me again how mad you are for those damn guys in ggg for not giving you 2 days headstart next league with free item selection because they should be happy that you even PLAY THIS FREE GAME!

so tell me 'lil one, why did you not pay for the thing you want by buying it directly, why hope for (i believe) 1.5% chance for drop every 5 min while additional chances to get better stuff. did you actually hope to get 50% of items? If I drop ex first day and you only chaos BUT u paid for supporter pack, does it also make it wrong? cmon!

you crying here and saying this BS is probably the most awesome thing i ever saw coz I never seen someone reacting the way you did (by quitting, raging etc.). like W!T!F! :D:D this made me smile like crazy but also pretty sad.

oh and i will send it literally to every single person i know just for laughts. i need to check out reddit if there is anyone as insane as you are

I am happy little guy got fire footsteps and cloak!
OMG is that THE VENTRUA?! Best shirt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info