Swag Bag for ExileCon Attendees

"
Kind of disappointed that long-term heavy supporters cant get the ingame mtx at least some way or another... not everyone can make it to exilecon even though they would have liked to. That portal looks really good. Kinda bummed out now :(

While I agree that those attending should have exclusive MTX to show off.. I also agree about long-term heavy supporters. Those who have been around since the beginning (or close to) and those who have spent a huge chunk of money.. Those people I wouldn't be against getting the MTX. At the very least IMO these folks should get first crack at any leftover merch.
Nice stuff! But only for those rich ppl that r mad enough to spend 1.5k+ for some game event.. Don’t b salty ppl who don’t get there, think of those money u saved;) u still get your game to play;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
Ant1m1nd wrote:
"
Kind of disappointed that long-term heavy supporters cant get the ingame mtx at least some way or another... not everyone can make it to exilecon even though they would have liked to. That portal looks really good. Kinda bummed out now :(

While I agree that those attending should have exclusive MTX to show off.. I also agree about long-term heavy supporters. Those who have been around since the beginning (or close to) and those who have spent a huge chunk of money.. Those people I wouldn't be against getting the MTX. At the very least IMO these folks should get first crack at any leftover merch.

and where is the limit line who is "long term" supporter and who is "short term" supporter? 3 years? 5 years? 2 years? or 300€ spent? 500€? think about it... you will never create WIN-WIN to everyone.... you have game to play, you have content to buy, you have event to join. Thats all.
Last edited by KretenSVK on Nov 12, 2019, 4:01:30 AM
"

You still get plenty of stuff from supporting them anyway.

I don't agree that there shouldn't be something for those of us that CAN go to this first ExileCon. It's not like we're getting some crazy set of armor that we can wear in town and taunt everyone with. You will almost never know when one of us has this except maybe during the occassional trade (but not here since my waypoint is nowhere near my map device).

Scarcity can suck but it's there for a reason. I've been playing since beta and I missed out on the Witch Hat for which I'm still a little salty about that but I don't complain because I missed my shot.

It's light encouragements like this that might make you consider attending next year.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
"
OlaSarcasm wrote:
I'm so incredibly salty that I can't afford to attend. It feels like such a large amount of the community is gated out by money

Gated by money how? The ticket price is pretty convention standard and I grant flights aren't cheap but you don't go just for the convention. I dropped about $2k USD on this but I'm spending a week in a half in NZ right now and another week in Australia after ExileCon ends. You make the whole thing a proper vacation and it's not so bad.

The reality here is that if you're a working adult with a reliable job, saving up for this is not unreasonable. If you're younger or still a student, don't worry, your time will come.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
[I wrote some mean sh*t here, was upset, so I delete now, taking it back]
Last edited by GrayR on Nov 15, 2019, 5:27:05 PM
the rich get richer .. just like in POE
"
KretenSVK wrote:
"
Ant1m1nd wrote:
"

and where is the limit line who is "long term" supporter and who is "short term" supporter? 3 years? 5 years? 2 years? or 300€ spent? 500€? think about it... you will never create WIN-WIN to everyone.... you have game to play, you have content to buy, you have event to join. Thats all.

Exactly. They have already done this, and are in that current situation. changing the conditions will just make a different group of people unhappy about being excluded, while also making some who are already included unhappy at no longer getting "exclusive" exileCon MTX.
I hate the "me too'ers" in most cases, but I can see both sides. There are a lot of people who have given thousands of dollars supporting GGG through MTX, only to not have a chance to purchase this. Personally, I don't care either way, but I get it. It's entertaining seeing the people defending the exclusivity haven't purchased a single supporter pack.
Last edited by Anointedone on Nov 12, 2019, 8:53:09 AM
People cry for a merch shop. Pls make it a thing PepeHands

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info