[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

Spent some time this AM working through the new changes with PoB.

This build will still be strong, but it wont get to meme levels of DPS - 9x Sentinels at 5M + each

I still think 3-4M DPS each is likely at the top end and at lower tiers of the build getting to 1M dps per sentinel should be pretty easy. I'm not sold on taking the new herald cluster yet.

On the flip side, this build should still be a great starter that achieves 5-10M DPS pretty quickly if you can live with that number, maxed out achieving 20-25M.

I can't quite tell what the CDR from Disciples will give. More slams i'd guess. Medium clusters with Cult Leader and Disciples will probably become standard since pure agony took such a beating for this build.
Thank you both very much for dedicating part of your time to helping the rest of us with this construction. Despite the nerf I think it will continue to be very strong and I am looking forward to starting with it.
Last edited by YisusJr on Jun 17, 2020, 8:45:57 AM
I updated my PoB from 3.10 tree to 3.11 and the DPS only dropped from 4,99 to 4,73 million per sentinel. Obviously this only counts changes in passive tree, not in items or skills. Bigger problem is the mana reservation after Circle of Guilts are nerfed but I play in standard so I just keep my old rings.

Also back to 5 sentinels obviously. Better to roll the medium cluster jewels again since Pure Agony is not the best choice for this build anymore.

Btw. Huge nerf to Vaal Molten Shell:

"Vaal Molten Shell
Now grants 25 additional armour at gem level 1 (from 60), up to 429 additional armour at gem level 20 (from 1030).
Now grants 20% more armour at gem level 1, up to 29% more armour at gem level 20.
Now causes 30% of Damage taken from hits to be taken from the buff before your life or energy shield at gem level 1, up to 35% at gem level 20 (from 80% at all levels).
The buff can now take Damage equal to 30% of your armour (from 60%), up to a maximum of 30000.
Now reflects 300% of Damage taken from buff as Fire Damage each second or when the buff expires or is depleted at gem level 1 (from 100%), up to 9000% at gem level 20 (from 3000%).
Now removes and is removed by any other Guard skill."
Last edited by patouskii on Jun 17, 2020, 9:24:48 AM
"
patouskii wrote:
I updated my PoB from 3.10 tree to 3.11 and the DPS only dropped from 4,99 to 4,73 million per sentinel. Obviously this only counts changes in passive tree, not in items or skills. Bigger problem is the mana reservation after Circle of Guilts are nerfed but I play in standard so I just keep my old rings.

Also back to 5 sentinels obviously. Better to roll the medium cluster jewels again since Pure Agony is not the best choice for this build anymore.

Btw. Huge nerf to Vaal Molten Shell:

"Vaal Molten Shell
Now grants 25 additional armour at gem level 1 (from 60), up to 429 additional armour at gem level 20 (from 1030).
Now grants 20% more armour at gem level 1, up to 29% more armour at gem level 20.
Now causes 30% of Damage taken from hits to be taken from the buff before your life or energy shield at gem level 1, up to 35% at gem level 20 (from 80% at all levels).
The buff can now take Damage equal to 30% of your armour (from 60%), up to a maximum of 30000.
Now reflects 300% of Damage taken from buff as Fire Damage each second or when the buff expires or is depleted at gem level 1 (from 100%), up to 9000% at gem level 20 (from 3000%).
Now removes and is removed by any other Guard skill."

Agree - VMS nerf is going to hurt but i think you can further mitigate potentially by taking the new Block Keystone. For Harvest leaguers without access to legacy Circles of Guilt, you're dropping an aura (or two) and you're rolling 5 HoP. While the damage of the heralds themselves isnt going down, you're losing 44.44444% of your dps just on minion availability on its own. Not to mention the loss of clear speed from losing those 4 other roaming minions. Single target DPS north of 20M will still be possible, but clear is going to take a beating.
"
fong249 wrote:
While the damage of the heralds themselves isnt going down, you're losing 44.44444% of your dps just on minion availability on its own. Not to mention the loss of clear speed from losing those 4 other roaming minions. Single target DPS north of 20M will still be possible, but clear is going to take a beating.

So damage will be similar to pre cluster jewels like in 3.9 and 3.8? I wanted to play this as my league starter and I assume it's still fine?
There are also small buffs like Vicious Bite working on all minions now
Last edited by Sttorr on Jun 17, 2020, 2:29:12 PM
"
Sttorr wrote:
"
fong249 wrote:
While the damage of the heralds themselves isnt going down, you're losing 44.44444% of your dps just on minion availability on its own. Not to mention the loss of clear speed from losing those 4 other roaming minions. Single target DPS north of 20M will still be possible, but clear is going to take a beating.

So damage will be similar to pre cluster jewels like in 3.9 and 3.8? I wanted to play this as my league starter and I assume it's still fine?
There are also small buffs like Vicious Bite working on all minions now

Generally, yes. DPS will be better than Pre-Delirium but significantly lower than Delirium. I dont see that as the end of the world.

Vicious Bite is an interesting Node - and since it has 100% uptime (vs Renewal which has limited uptime) it may be worth thinking about. Technically, Renewal gives you more sheet DPS but probably not real DPS. I've never really studied it and just previously accepted it as the superior option.

I'm still finding a way to about 4.8M DPS with 2x Vicious Bite (renewal would push that up to 5.5M+) but i'm having to drop Flesh and Stone. With my char from last league that would be 6.5K unbuffed armour with 5600 life, 1212 average life regen. Again, probably a great bosser but weaker on the clear side.

Nice build... how do you think ir perform compareds to i ice crash or any jugg slam as a starter build, considering a build to keep for end game, and nice currency farm potential??? thx alot.
Ran some more numbers today. It may make sense to go back to Immortal Call from VMS for burst damage. VMS may do better on long sustained fights but those are probably few and far between - think Legion encounters. For purely countering instagib situations, IC may win out in the long run. Block is going to be more valuable and is making me think that Glancing Blows may be worthwhile to take to better mitigate sustained damage. Life regen will be important.
Nothing is anointed on amulet? I know its simple that take what you want but maybe it would be helpful to newbies
"
andrelb1 wrote:

Nice build... how do you think ir perform compareds to i ice crash or any jugg slam as a starter build, considering a build to keep for end game, and nice currency farm potential??? thx alot.

I think it will be one of the strongest builds overall for next league. I guess we have to test in game how strong the new "slam" skills are but I also think my Ice crash it all Juggernaut is a very strong starter.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info