[3.11] Bashtart's HERALD OF PURITY GUARDIAN: cheap starter & endgame boss farmer with insane dps!

Combing through the development manifesto it looks like the biggest hit to the build will be the VMS nerf. It does look like characters with higher base armor will still be OK - which this build does have. I guess the nerf was to prevent those who simply ran with a single granite flask from reaping the full on benefits of VMS. I think i had 6K+ unbuffed armor last season... so hopefully it still scales off decent investment.

HoP is removing flat X to X damage to spells and is instead granting % to spells, which should buff BV damage a bit. There are some incoming tweaks to heralds (we'll have to see what passives get brought in) and some incoming tweaks to life leach. The dual wield nerf shouldn't affect this build, but may affect the value of awakened multistrike since dual wield wont be flavor of the week. Cluster jewels should still be readily available so i will assume getting to a +9 HoP won't be out of the question.

EDIT: Missed a big one. Reservation is getting tweaked on Circle of Guilt. That'll hurt quite a bit.

EDIT2: Assuming reservation on each ring gets dropped from 40->25 (big guess, but buffable up to 30% per ring with Fertile Catalysts), you'll probably need to drop aspect of the spider if you have it. That's about a 500K dps loss at the top end for me. The build should still be insanely strong ~41M Community Fork DPS not including Arena Master buff uptime.

EDIT3: I hadn't been calculating flesh offering in my build which would be a 1.3M DPS increase. So assuming we have to drop Aspect of the Spider from EDIT2 above my DPS per Sentinel is still 5.8M which is super broken. If circle of guilt is 25+, we're good to go!

Can't wait to get started again, even after the nerfs to Circle of Guilt.
Last edited by fong249 on Jun 15, 2020, 9:14:17 PM
Gear/rings will be a lot cheaper I would imagine
livejamie
"
fong249 wrote:
Combing through the development manifesto it looks like the biggest hit to the build will be the VMS nerf. It does look like characters with higher base armor will still be OK - which this build does have. I guess the nerf was to prevent those who simply ran with a single granite flask from reaping the full on benefits of VMS. I think i had 6K+ unbuffed armor last season... so hopefully it still scales off decent investment.

HoP is removing flat X to X damage to spells and is instead granting % to spells, which should buff BV damage a bit. There are some incoming tweaks to heralds (we'll have to see what passives get brought in) and some incoming tweaks to life leach. The dual wield nerf shouldn't affect this build, but may affect the value of awakened multistrike since dual wield wont be flavor of the week. Cluster jewels should still be readily available so i will assume getting to a +9 HoP won't be out of the question.

EDIT: Missed a big one. Reservation is getting tweaked on Circle of Guilt. That'll hurt quite a bit.

EDIT2: Assuming reservation on each ring gets dropped from 40->25 (big guess, but buffable up to 30% per ring with Fertile Catalysts), you'll probably need to drop aspect of the spider if you have it. That's about a 500K dps loss at the top end for me. The build should still be insanely strong ~41M Community Fork DPS not including Arena Master buff uptime.

EDIT3: I hadn't been calculating flesh offering in my build which would be a 1.3M DPS increase. So assuming we have to drop Aspect of the Spider from EDIT2 above my DPS per Sentinel is still 5.8M which is super broken. If circle of guilt is 25+, we're good to go!

Can't wait to get started again, even after the nerfs to Circle of Guilt.

From what I have seen the build should be more or less equally strong and just crash the harvest league. Maybe I gonna start with this one or a slam jugg.

Maybe we can get some less mana reservation from cluster jewels.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jun 16, 2020, 4:08:56 AM
I think i agree. I dont think losing Aspect of the Spider is the end of the world - it was a QOL buff that helped in simulacrum quite a bit but had some conditional components to it. We'll have to see how Harvesting bosses works and if we'll need writhing jar to pre-proc those encounters.
Someone has an updated/optimal pob after the changes? wanted to start with this but cant really find a good pob...
Changes just came out minutes ago, but it looks like circle of guilt rings went from 30-40 to 15-20 mana res so running as many auras may become an impossibility. Once it gets into PoB i'll try to make some recommendations based off what i see. There's probably about a 1MM dps hit there.

There is some note on using divines on Circle of Guilt. Not sure what is implied there.

EDIT: Pure Agony is nerfed, no longer grants +1 Sentinels of Purity. Back to 5 SoPs. Little disappointed in that one.
Last edited by fong249 on Jun 16, 2020, 9:53:51 PM
Does the Coming Calamity rise in priority? at least for early league play is seems the be the best choice, after the ring nerfs
"
mpcportasio wrote:
Does the Coming Calamity rise in priority? at least for early league play is seems the be the best choice, after the ring nerfs

Probably not. There's a new series of herald passives that provide additional reservation from Heralds that may make allow for the circle of guilt nerf to not really affect the build.

So far the big nerf is the loss of sentinels from Pure Agony which would take us back to 5 SoPs from as many as 11.
Disciples got changed to
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald
Summoned Sentinels have 25% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed

You do get 20% reduced manareservation through the new cluster. But the loss of any sentinelnumber above 5 is kinda tough. I probably will try this build for a start and then see how everything works out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info