[3.8] Scold's Bridle Ice Nova Hierophant || No Totems || 65/55 Dodge || Uber Elder Viable

Right now, I am sitting at 75/71/75, 2966HP, 4858MP, and I am having an issue with frequent stuns and running out of mana stupid quick, especially with "damaging ground" map effects. If there a way to remedy at least the mana issue so Im not getting dunked on? I can clear fine, but T16 map bosses usually take all 6 portals to do.

Any advice?
I have looked at your gear and tree and a few things come to mind:

1) Level your steelskin to 20, the only reason i didn't do it last league was because i didn't have the strength

2)Prioritize defences on the tree, you should definately grab phase acro and herbalism asap(spec out of arcane potency)

3)If you feel your mana regen isn't enough, you can grab aqueous accelerant instead of arcane potency(I did this in this league because it gives more defence)

4)Your stygian vise and the jewel isn't too great, try getting life rolls in there, it's not too expensive (I alt-regaled myself a belt with life str and 1 res+1crafted res in about 300 alts)

5)some of your mana rolls are a bit low on the uniques (helmet, chest)

6)Fix your flasks, you need 1 mana and at most 1 life flask, get a diamond flask for dmg and 2 more defensive flasks (e.g. dodge + wise oak)

7) if you struggle with dmg, a boot enchant actually helps significantly (cold damage if you've been hit recently is almost a hatred watchers eye, basically for free)

I actually rolled this build again this league and it is still very strong, but it takes a bit longer to get really going because of the increased difficulty.
Hello, thanks for the build, beautiful and cheerful.

If I have gloves with corruption on the course it makes sense to take on an amulet whispers of doom? or bad idea?

If it does not complicate, you can take a look and tell what to correct?
(I understood about strength and in the process of correction)

Сorry for google translate and thx.
You can definately take whispers of doom as an anoint on your amulet. Hope your are enjoying the build
Hi,

i wanted to play an icenova build for a long time but could never get warm with the "casting extra frostbolts mechanic". Now i found this build as a side note on a youtubeVideo, and fell in love on first sight. It seems perfect for my lazy Ass.
Now i want to know if some one played this in Metamorph, is it still viable, will it be viable in Delirium and can it be played as leaguestarter?
how do you feel about scion ascendant hirophant/pathfinder instead?

how much damage would I lose if I go that route?

I really like unlimited flasks :p
Last edited by nickaustin on Mar 11, 2020, 4:30:53 PM
"
nickaustin wrote:
how do you feel about scion ascendant hirophant/pathfinder instead?

how much damage would I lose if I go that route?

I really like unlimited flasks :p

You will lose 100% increased AoE, power and endurance charges and a lot of mana, I would not recommend it (and if you do, probably dont go ascendant hierophant)
Last edited by LordofWar619 on Mar 19, 2020, 2:34:59 PM
"
Rikimarius wrote:
Hi,

i wanted to play an icenova build for a long time but could never get warm with the "casting extra frostbolts mechanic". Now i found this build as a side note on a youtubeVideo, and fell in love on first sight. It seems perfect for my lazy Ass.
Now i want to know if some one played this in Metamorph, is it still viable, will it be viable in Delirium and can it be played as leaguestarter?

Played it in Metamorph, it was still good. I will roll it again in Delirium once i find the time. One idea is using archmage instead of the gloves. It should be good I think.

What youtube video btw? :D
What Gems would you recommend now that Grand Spectrum has been changed on 3.10? Also, I saw this build on "Are Blighted Maps the MOST Profitable Currency Farming Strategy in Path of Exile? (3.9) Full Guide"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info