[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
masukisti wrote:
Read the Bane gem carefully. It says: "Only applies hexes from curse skill gems requiring level x or lower"

And to clarify, it will then only let you cast curses linked to Bane by using the Bane skill, which will cast all linked curses.

So basically the Bane gem and linked curse gems need to be the same level for it to work.

For example I have lvl 19 Bane connected to lvl 19 Frostbite and lvl 19 Elemental Weakness, and Bane places both curses on all enemies it hits.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the explanation.
how do i get str and dex up to required values?
I think this guide is pretty good and it got me up to T16s, so it served it's purpose. For the OP, I have a few details of feedback I'd like to offer as I see you put an considerable amount of effort into this guide, just a few constructive criticisms that may help people who can't figure it all out.

1. Your flask recommendations still have 7 charges on hit, which is very outdated. I don't know if you personally think that the "Gain 3 charge on hit mod" is worth it, but if you do, maybe a touch up on the flask notes would clarify your intent for this.

2. The Arrogance + Determination and Defiance tech, does not work without Ashes of the stars. There is no longer enough Life reservation efficiency in the tree for this combo. You do have it listed under the "Endgame" section of your build, but I think that Necklace is very expensive for someone who may or may not understand how to squeeze this in and I think recommending Vitality and deviating 1 point for Zealot's Oath is decent alternative.

3.Your Endgame section for anointments are also a bit outdated. You recommend several options which I think are pretty low impact for an "Endgame" section of the build. Only Season of Ice or Tranquility really fit the bill once you're at this phase of gearing.

Other than that, excellent job on the guide! again, I appreciate the effort you put into the PoB, like discussing the gear options as notes, instead of just putting exact mods on each piece. PoB is an adaptive experience and exact mods lead people into dead ends and don't build understanding. Hope you're enjoying the league and thanks!
Why is Determination trying to reserve 110% of my health instead of 50? nothing anywhere says that it increases my reservation.
Same problem here with the Life reservation. We need an alternative without that expensive necklace.
For the time being I am unlinking my banner from arrogance and running Arrogance+Determination with the 20% mastery efficiency to reserve 92% of life edit: 83%
Last edited by fouronec on Dec 19, 2022, 10:25:53 AM
Could someone give me some pointers on how to actually play this build? Is the top priority to keep 5 brands up and then everything else? I kinda end up just spamming frost bomb and brands, with vortex on my left click.

Also, what items are required when moving to Shavronne's wrappings and LL version? Can I just do it immediately or does it require stuff like the Thread of hope jewel and the cluster jewel etc.?

Lastly, there is no frost bomb on the endgame links. So should I get rid of it when I transit to LL version?
"
Irmeli wrote:
Could someone give me some pointers on how to actually play this build? Is the top priority to keep 5 brands up and then everything else? I kinda end up just spamming frost bomb and brands, with vortex on my left click.

Also, what items are required when moving to Shavronne's wrappings and LL version? Can I just do it immediately or does it require stuff like the Thread of hope jewel and the cluster jewel etc.?

Lastly, there is no frost bomb on the endgame links. So should I get rid of it when I transit to LL version?

You basically spam brands, vortex, and bane as you move across maps, though spamming brands become secondary sometimes due to having brand recall on your left click/moving.

You can simply swap into Shavronne without preparing anything. The actual thing you need to prepare is the Chaos Inocculation part where you need to stack as much Energy Shield as possible, granted you sorted your resistances.

At around level 80, it's up to you to keep Frost Bomb or not, since the gameplay is already like 5 button skills lol, with Front Bomb, that will be 6 buttons to keep up.
I see people talking about not having enough reservation without Ashes to do Arrogance + Determination + Defiance. You can annoint Champion of the Cause, since it's not MANA reservation efficiency but simply reservation efficiency. It's pretty cheap oil-wise and let's you run those auras without Ashes.
Trying to decide whether I should stick to CI with a 6 link WTB or transition to Shavronne Low life with a 5 link WTB. Which one would provide me with more damage and survivability? Once I get the Chayula necklace and crown of the inward eye, would a 5 link Shavronne Low-Life build bring more ups and survivability than sticking to CI?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info