[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hi! I was wondering if you could have a more indepth section on how you should prioritize your casting order to maximize clear speed. This could include suggestions on hotkeys with the skills and stuff? I havent played these gems and it may be much easier than I assume but may be helpful for new players :)
Honest question - since you are not taking Profane Bloom for the explosions, what's the point of running Occu over Ele?

Occu gives you
+1 curse, which is -~30% cold resistance after the nerfs and bane curse effect reduction
15% more cold damage
-20% cold resistance
Freezeimmunity
Stunimmunity
A little bit of ES recovery

Ele taking Heart of Destruction, Mastermind of Discord, Shaper of Storms gives you
19.5% more damage from guaranteed shock (30% increased from the minor before shaper of storms, 20% from divine judgement)
-25% cold resistance
60% AoE for clear, 15% more damage for bossing (average)

So you loose ~-25% coldres, but gain 19.5% more damage - loosing even less if you now selfcast frostbite instead of Bane-ing both curses. Freezeimmunity can be crafted on boots anyways.

And then either Shaper of Winter for 40% slow from Chill from Vortex (you hit the 40% cap from the guaranteed chill alone), which also equates to ~4.6% more damage from bonechill),
or Bastion of Elements for a bunch of eHP against elemental hits.

You can also get the extra curse back for 4 passive points as you're pathing by Whispers of Doom anyways.
Uhh am i blind or do i not see Malevolence slotted anywhere in your pob gems setup? Certainly we use Malevolence in the endgame?
"
EF_Balduin wrote:
Honest question - since you are not taking Profane Bloom for the explosions, what's the point of running Occu over Ele?

One of the things to keep in mind is that Wintertide Brand doesn't hit, it's just dot areas, so Shaper of Storms would only work on Vortex in this build. I think the Elementalist talk that some are doing is centered around the Vortex/Creeping Frost/Cold Snap cold dot versions that are being tried out for Trickster etc since they all hit.

"
One of the things to keep in mind is that Wintertide Brand doesn't hit, it's just dot areas, so Shaper of Storms would only work on Vortex in this build. I think the Elementalist talk that some are doing is centered around the Vortex/Creeping Frost/Cold Snap cold dot versions that are being tried out for Trickster etc since they all hit.

Honest question from a newb, but the wording on Shaper says 'Shocks from your hits always increase damage' wouldn't this mean the Wintertide brand would still benefit from the 15% increase, after the target was hit with shock from vortex?

"
Uhh am i blind or do i not see Malevolence slotted anywhere in your pob gems setup? Certainly we use Malevolence in the endgame?

I am also curious. From the changelog on the main post, you can see they removed malevolence.

I am asking because I am very tempted to use this build while simply taking the Elementalist path. I am going to play softcore and I am more interested in the damage increase, rather than the potential defenses offered by the build with Occultist.
Last edited by SensenmanN on Dec 8, 2022, 10:42:17 AM
Also i see no Frost Bomb which is quite important for bosses/tough rares. It is the only way to apply Cold Exposure from what i see, which if we don't take what is the point of getting the cold mastery that applies -5% cold res from exposure?

What i did was remove Arcane Surge and Brand recall from the weapon slot and put in Malevolence and Frost Bomb.

Edit: Clarity is also not needed unless you have the Watcher's Eye that gives maximum mana as energy shield.
Last edited by highwind123 on Dec 8, 2022, 2:37:50 PM
"
Also i see no Frost Bomb which is quite important for bosses/tough rares. It is the only way to apply Cold Exposure from what i see, which if we don't take what is the point of getting the cold mastery that applies -5% cold res from exposure?

Is exposure different than resistance? We have frostbite to curse and lower cold resist.

I personally just want to be able to add in shield charge!
Last edited by SensenmanN on Dec 8, 2022, 4:33:24 PM
"
SensenmanN wrote:
"

Is exposure different than resistance? We have frostbite to curse and lower cold resist.

I personally just want to be able to add in shield charge!

It's not different in that it reduces cold res by 15% (20% with the mastery point) but Frost Bomb also reduces life/es regen. Maybe it's not as important next league with the changes to Archnemesis.
Thx! in PoB, guide notes and step-by-step trees are great to newbie like me! <3<3
This will definitely my 3.20 starter build. again thank you for magnificent guide!
Where is the skill tree of the build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info