[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

does the large cool down to the trigger wands make us want to self cast now instead?
I was already Self Casting Storm Brand so this change won't affect me. Shak is now suggesting Self Casting Storm Brand also since 8 sec cool down does affect the normal trigger setup.
Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 14, 2021, 12:03:33 AM
Everyone, the guide is updated for 3.14! I'm literally falling asleep as I type, but tomorrow I'll try to remember to add a section with the changes. We survived the patch notes beautifully, and the 8 second trigger cooldown is not an issue.

Enjoy!
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
donbrawler wrote:
I was already Self Casting Storm Brand so this change won't affect me. Shak is now suggesting Self Casting Storm Brand also since 8 sec cool down does affect the normal trigger setup.

I'm seriously considering using brand recall on left click now, it's instant. But gem pressure is real.

On a side note, vaal cold snap got massively buffed. Both dps and radius got nearly doubled. With a 6 sec Soul Gain Prevention, it's hot.

But the most interesting thing for the build is vaal discipline. It has no duration so is under a 1 second Soul Gain Prevention regime. I'm pretty sure 100% unconditional recharge uptime can be achieved with Wicked Ward. For reference, in blight my trickster recharge was slightly over 10k es/second. On occultist 80% of that is possible I guess, maybe more with a bigger es pool.

For the patch in general, Vaal Power Siphon and Vaal Ice Nova look completely nuts. I predict that the build of the league will be some shatter herald of ice + vaal ice nova monstrosity.

Personally, I start as vortex and use my cyclone thingy in maps, but change build around day 3-4 after my first Sirus. So don't expect to see me as much here. Lucky you ^^
"
ShakCentral wrote:
Everyone, the guide is updated for 3.14! I'm literally falling asleep as I type, but tomorrow I'll try to remember to add a section with the changes. We survived the patch notes beautifully, and the 8 second trigger cooldown is not an issue.

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the work Shak. I might be blind, where do you talk about the low life rework?
Nevermind, it's in the POB. :)
Last edited by NemesisAJB on Apr 14, 2021, 4:32:56 AM
"
Looks like a descent build. Can you use HoI to boost clear speed?

yes but no.

You need a shaper helm with +crit and plug HoI in it. inc aoe helps too. As does the Forbidden Power and power nodes. A bottle faith is of course a big boost. You then use double obliteration first then double void batteries.

But now it's another build entirely with a pretty different tree, where you scales crit, aoe and the front damage of vortex to trigger explosion chains.

Back in synthesis this was outfarming my worb build in dense maps. Now with the elevated 4% crit shaper mod, it should work pretty well. But I can't guarantee the interaction between HoI explosions and profane bloom ones is still the same. The surprise was that HoI explosions were cursing on hit, and they should not do that as it's not "you" that is hitting (this was probably corrected).

Hey,
Amazing guide, very braindead friendly, perfect for me.

I've seen you updated it for 3.14. I have one question though, are the item filters updated too? I tried them out and the whole Ossuary for CI items is amazing considering I'm gonna be going SSF for the first time this league.

EDIT:

One more question.

I love running Temp-chains with enhance on occultist, it's a MASSIVE defensive layer, especially if I can sneak in some extra %curse effect. I will probably be adjusting things to accommodate this. What would you say is would be the best place to put it, i.e, what are the 2-3 links that the build can afford to lose?

I'm thinking to slot it into the flame dash setup, but I'm not quite sure yet.
Last edited by Mantas_ on Apr 14, 2021, 7:45:00 AM
"
ShakCentral wrote:

Enjoy!

fantastic work!

When you have some time, could you explain why the 8 second cool down is not an issue? .
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Apr 14, 2021, 12:48:04 PM
That trigger 8s also seems to me like big nerf for us, or maybe I don't know something?
"
That trigger 8s also seems to me like big nerf for us, or maybe I don't know something?

Its probably more of an annoyance then a nerf, there's probably other reasonable ways to proc EE. Anyways, I came here to ask about handling this too. Someone mentioned using brand recall on left click, which is an interesting idea if it works. Anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this in a way that doesn't require a whole bunch of extra clicks? I like playing this build because I can watch tv well farming most of the time, this is a nerf to my tv consumption damn it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info