[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
kingkano wrote:
"
Mescaline77 wrote:
Hi all! Reading the posts and looking at PoE.ninja I see people use +2 ammy instead of chayula, I am thinking about crafting one. I understand I should respec from malevolence to vile bastion for stun immunity and get +1 curse from the tree. How about the chaos res from chayula, do I need to get some on my gear? How much chaos res is acceptable?

Yes I would if I was you, there is a lot of chaos damage sources these days. getting to 0% should be your first target, from there as much as you feel comfortable with. personally I like lots but never reach it! lol.

Read back a few pages for a good crafting guide for +2 ammy, for under 5ex or 6-7ex if you buy the difficult +1 ammy ready to go. Will obv. need lots of harvest tuning to perfect though.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I think I will pass on the ammy though. I just played with the build in PoB and while it would increase my damage by c. 15% (7 to 8m vortex shaper dps), it would reduce my ES by 1.5k and I would lose my flexible suffixes to chaos res (have shock when focus which cuts the dmg gap by half for 4sec). I think the damage is very good even as is to comfortably do all content and at the moment I prefer to keep the generous ES pool.
"
Mescaline77 wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:
"
Mescaline77 wrote:
Hi all! Reading the posts and looking at PoE.ninja I see people use +2 ammy instead of chayula, I am thinking about crafting one. I understand I should respec from malevolence to vile bastion for stun immunity and get +1 curse from the tree. How about the chaos res from chayula, do I need to get some on my gear? How much chaos res is acceptable?

Yes I would if I was you, there is a lot of chaos damage sources these days. getting to 0% should be your first target, from there as much as you feel comfortable with. personally I like lots but never reach it! lol.

Read back a few pages for a good crafting guide for +2 ammy, for under 5ex or 6-7ex if you buy the difficult +1 ammy ready to go. Will obv. need lots of harvest tuning to perfect though.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I think I will pass on the ammy though. I just played with the build in PoB and while it would increase my damage by c. 15% (7 to 8m vortex shaper dps), it would reduce my ES by 1.5k and I would lose my flexible suffixes to chaos res (have shock when focus which cuts the dmg gap by half for 4sec). I think the damage is very good even as is to comfortably do all content and at the moment I prefer to keep the generous ES pool.

I don't blame you, es is nice to have. also, 7m is already pretty good. you could get flat ES and ES% on the ammy though. might be worth having as a long term craft project to really push your build later in the league.

Also, don't forget the other things its boosts besides DPS - the extra gem levels gives other things like cold snap dps, ES, etc.
"
kingkano wrote:
"
Mescaline77 wrote:

yeah i just came back after just over a year off and found that out the hard way on my hollow palm ice crash raider lol (i remember before chaos res wasn't a huge deal but now it really is needed as chaos can really bloody hurt)

question for anyone who knows
this any good/worth keeping or should i just re-make.
Last edited by Valkirth on Feb 6, 2021, 4:23:52 PM
"
kingkano wrote:
"
Mescaline77 wrote:
I don't blame you, es is nice to have. also, 7m is already pretty good. you could get flat ES and ES% on the ammy though. might be worth having as a long term craft project to really push your build later in the league.

Also, don't forget the other things its boosts besides DPS - the extra gem levels gives other things like cold snap dps, ES, etc.

have 10k ES and can tank shaper slam, it's very forgiving for a noob like me. Also malediction has another defensive aspect that is lost with the ammy. I think the next upgrade I go for is the aspect of the spider.
"
Valkirth wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:
"
Mescaline77 wrote:

yeah i just came back after just over a year off and found that out the hard way on my hollow palm ice crash raider lol (i remember before chaos res wasn't a huge deal but now it really is needed as chaos can really bloody hurt)

question for anyone who knows
this any good/worth keeping or should i just re-make.

1) Crusader's percent inc ES is MUCH better than ES from body armour.
2) ES recovery rate in suff is highly recommended.
3) Spell damage during flask effect is a good mod, but imo it's better to get some res / attributes instead.
To sum up, I would recommend you to sell this base and buy a Crusader's one.
"
Mescaline77 wrote:

Don't forget, that Chayula's doesn't only give you stun immunity, saving at least 3 points in Whispers of Doom circle, but is also a piece with a vast amount of ES (1-2k, depending on your setup). So think twice before making a +2 amulet.
"
1) Crusader's percent inc ES is MUCH better than ES from body armour.
2) ES recovery rate in suff is highly recommended.
3) Spell damage during flask effect is a good mod, but imo it's better to get some res / attributes instead.
To sum up, I would recommend you to sell this base and buy a Crusader's one.
thanks for the advice,much Appreciated :)
Love the build overall, done everything as LL except deep delve comfortably on 20-25 ex investment, although you oould definitely get away with a lot less.

Overall the biggest killer for me (8.3k ES) has been ES recharge interruption, so I keep both burn and poison flasks plus a bleed jewel instead of swapping in Cinderswallow/Bottled Faith. And Vaal Discipline is obviously a must.

I thought losing the recharge speed from Bated Breath would hurt but it's really not that bad, with all the recharge speed increases on the tree you only lose about a third of your recharge which still leaves enough to get to full within the Wicked Ward window.

I found two Exposure Therapy jewels to work well as way of capping chaos res since there aren't that many threatening chaos hits, especially not in the major boss fights. Brush With Death is also a ridiculously strong survivability increase.

Sirus DPS is like 4M realistically. It can definitely be brought higher with investment but it's been sufficient to do everything for me. The build doesn't have amazing scaling with investment so I'd rather save the currency for one that does.

My favorite thing to farm has been Simulacrum, the build just does really well there. Just don't stop to cast Cold Snap in the middle of a pack, easy.

Anomalous Flame Dash for +20% travel distance is very nice in many zones like the Shaper intermissions, allows you to skip across wider gaps.
What ascendancy to take if I don't take Chayula's amulet and use Vile Bastion? I don't really understand what's the matter of taking Profane Bloom. Are the explosions so profitable? I think that an access to the additional curse can save 3 points and that's pretty cool.
Also I've tried to investigate in the matter how do people get 8k es but I do not really understand ;(. Here is my equipment. Maybe are there some mistakes?
Or should I use some jewels with flat Es +100?

Managed to luck out and dropped an Unnatural Instinct Jewel with this build. Is there anywhere that would be beneficial to use it in the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info