[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
xaeror35 wrote:

Are you suggesting using Wintertide instead of Coldsnap in conjunction with Vortex?

All I'm suggesting for now is that Wintertide looks really good and could be a central build piece. If it does as well single target as it looks like it might, Vortex and Cold Snap could end up sharing 4 supports in a 6L
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jun 18, 2020, 2:12:38 PM
"
ShakCentral wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:

Are you suggesting using Wintertide instead of Coldsnap in conjunction with Vortex?

All I'm suggesting for now is that Wintertide looks really good and could be a central build piece. If it does as well single target as it looks like it might, Vortex and Cold Snap could end up sharing 4 supports in a 6L

I was thinking of trying something just like this, but with Wintertide and CS sharing a 6L and putting Vortex in a 3/4L instead. Might keep an eye on this build if it does put the Brand to use, though!
"
ShakCentral wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:

Waiting for some other code to run I decided to do the napkin math on Wintertide Brand.

I assumed a few things:
- Calculated damage over 8 secs
- Looked only at base skill damage
- Consider Brand 1 at time = 0, Brand 2 at time = 0.25
- Brand 3 added immediately when Brand 1 duration ended and so on for 8 secs (total of 8 brands then)
- Vortex recast at exactly 3 secs

At 8 secs Damage over time worked out to:
Wintertide Brand: 1837.3 dps
Vortex : 1702.7 dps

My math could be off, obviously, but it looked like the brand may be pretty good.

Another consideration, the brand only does DOT damage. So, I think it 100% bypasses elemental reflection right?
Hi All!

Without running the numbers at all, do you guys think it might be worth to get the Influence notable, since we now have to go 2 points deep into that cluster for the mana reserve node? It gives me around 50-60k Vortex DPS on the LL tree in POB, so on paper it should be well worth the 1 point.

Cheers!
Last edited by Burnost on Jun 18, 2020, 3:47:55 PM
Build looks great! Will try it out while starting with Wintertide Brand!
"
"
ShakCentral wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:

Waiting for some other code to run I decided to do the napkin math on Wintertide Brand.

I assumed a few things:
- Calculated damage over 8 secs
- Looked only at base skill damage
- Consider Brand 1 at time = 0, Brand 2 at time = 0.25
- Brand 3 added immediately when Brand 1 duration ended and so on for 8 secs (total of 8 brands then)
- Vortex recast at exactly 3 secs

At 8 secs Damage over time worked out to:
Wintertide Brand: 1837.3 dps
Vortex : 1702.7 dps

My math could be off, obviously, but it looked like the brand may be pretty good.

Another consideration, the brand only does DOT damage. So, I think it 100% bypasses elemental reflection right?

Reflect is my #1 concern. I don't think it can, but because the debuff attaches to enemies individually I worry a little bit.
"
Burnost wrote:
Hi All!

Without running the numbers at all, do you guys think it might be worth to get the Influence notable, since we now have to go 2 points deep into that cluster for the mana reserve node? It gives me around 50-60k Vortex DPS on the LL tree in POB, so on paper it should be well worth the 1 point.

Cheers!

It's on my list to test it out!
Oh man, I'm excited to see how far Wintertide can go. After playtesting a half dozen builds (because all I knew was ED/C) I'm eager to kick off my first league start with Vortex. T minus 23 hours!
Last edited by GERWARIC on Jun 18, 2020, 4:27:05 PM
Attaching to individual enemies doesn't change it being a dot debuff, and dots aren't reflected.
Oversight on my part, cooldown for vortex is 1.8 secs, not 3 secs. Using 1.75 to make my numbers a little easier, vortex comes out on top.

Vortex: 2731.6 dps
Wintertide: 1877.5 dps

Granted ... that still doesn't make Wintertide worthless. The fact Wintertide is affected by cast speed and acts as a multiplier (depending on stages achieved per brand).

Remember double check your math kids and never trust napkin math!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info