[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Okay, thank you. I will practice it. :)
"
Question for vortex endgame.
The one thing that really threw me off was cluster jewels. I tried Brush with Death and some of the other Cold Damage Over Time jewels and they just didn't seem as good for the build. Was I just missing something?

They were really good, build works without them too, but if you wanted to squeeze the last bits of DPS and ES for the build you could use clusters.

Some really good utility there as well, especially Brush with Death kept you recovering ES all the time in Simulacrums, and also mapping. Stacking Vile Reinvigoration gives a lot of regen. Wish for Death for culling strike.
Everyone, Wintertide Brand is starting to look like a central piece of the build moving forward. Some clarification on mechanics from GGG:

At max stacks, this looks to deal more damage than Vortex, and we can place 2 by default. It doesnt have anything like the AoE, but it looks like Vortex found its single target buff. Calling it now: This could be the build. This looks nuts. Potentially worth Runebinder.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jun 18, 2020, 11:43:53 AM
I'd wanted to do wintertide in the first place, if I can do it with such a good guide on hand thats even better Shak!
"
MindR wrote:
New league, new Vortex character. Last League was lvl 100 and 40/40 and undoubedtly top 5 dps/defense rounders in the Vortex-category. Doubt I'll be able to top that this league as I'll have to miss out on 3 of the first 4 days of the League.
I was scared after hearing the rumours of es on block being nerfed, but all is good.

I considered doing something other than Vortex this league due to heavily preferring Glancing Blows, but luckily my friend Thread of Hope is saving butts.

How important do you consider the ES on block to be? I guess you were running Temporal Chains, so not getting hit too often, and with Brush with Death and killing stuff you probably were at max recovery anyway? For bosses my recollection is that ES on block doesn't help much, and we should kite and rely on recharge anyway.
Brush With Death and Vile Reinvigoration are the jewels I tried. Using them in early to mid late game may have been the problem. At the time the benefit didn't seem worth the cost.

I got into Simulacrums late and was easily clearing them without the cluster jewels. But looking back on it, increased ES regen may have been enough to get me from 96 to 100 and minimize some needless deaths.

May need to investigate further in PoB. But focus now is on upcoming league start.
"
ShakCentral wrote:
Everyone, Wintertide Brand is starting to look like a central piece of the build moving forward. Some clarification on mechanics from GGG:

At max stacks, this looks to deal more damage than Vortex, and we can place 2 by default. It doesnt have anything like the AoE, but it looks like Vortex found its single target buff. Calling it now: This could be the build. This looks nuts. Potentially worth Runebinder.

Are you suggesting using Wintertide instead of Coldsnap in conjunction with Vortex?
I really like this build. For 3.11 I want to try running this as my league starter but I was hoping to run it as a trickster. I can't see a PoB for Trickster or an ascendancy guide for Trickster. I know that Shak recommends going occultist. I was just wondering if I was missing something and he had a trickster PoB somewhere?
I really like this build. For 3.11 I want to try running this as my league starter but I was hoping to run it as a trickster. I can't see a PoB for Trickster or an ascendancy guide for Trickster. I know that Shak recommends going occultist. I was just wondering if I was missing something and he had a trickster PoB somewhere?
"
Rubinjo wrote:
"
MindR wrote:
New league, new Vortex character. Last League was lvl 100 and 40/40 and undoubedtly top 5 dps/defense rounders in the Vortex-category. Doubt I'll be able to top that this league as I'll have to miss out on 3 of the first 4 days of the League.
I was scared after hearing the rumours of es on block being nerfed, but all is good.

I considered doing something other than Vortex this league due to heavily preferring Glancing Blows, but luckily my friend Thread of Hope is saving butts.

How important do you consider the ES on block to be? I guess you were running Temporal Chains, so not getting hit too often, and with Brush with Death and killing stuff you probably were at max recovery anyway? For bosses my recollection is that ES on block doesn't help much, and we should kite and rely on recharge anyway.

I ran Doubloe curse with Frostbite on wand and Temp chains alone on Blasphemy, then Malevolence, Hatred and Discipline.
My char is available on my profile.
I think it is a important mod. When you run Glancing Blows you take 50% of hits yuou block, so the recovery makes up for the small hits you take. In addition it makes you incredible tanky in big packs. I could experience massive lags, stand afk and stutter around and still feel safe while mapping. It was great for Simulacrums, Delirium etc. If it will be as good this league? Maybe not, but still worth? I'd say so.
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info