[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Hey, first want to say this is a nice build so far (the wave clear feels pretty nice).

I'm currently having problems with the single target. I don't seem to do enough damage while using Barrage. Is there something obvious damage related to it that I'm missing, or is it just a case of my gear isn't quite there yet (I don't have Death Opus or the Lioneye jewel yet).

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/Vtxz2ND2

I'm using a 6L Barrage -> EDwA -> Ele Focus -> Hypo -> DoFL -> Added Cold Dmg

Thanks in advance :)
"
Sparkily wrote:
Hey, first want to say this is a nice build so far (the wave clear feels pretty nice).

I'm currently having problems with the single target. I don't seem to do enough damage while using Barrage. Is there something obvious damage related to it that I'm missing, or is it just a case of my gear isn't quite there yet (I don't have Death Opus or the Lioneye jewel yet).

First thing I see is the bow - it's pretty lacking in DPS. Plugging in Death's Opus gives literally 50% more dps. If that's not an option price wise, there are lots of 350+ pdps bows on the market for a few chaos.
Why did you put 7 points leading into claw nodes....
Because Lioneye's Fall converts them into bow nodes?
Thank you Aquarism for this guide. I've been bouncing back and forth between things in this build and Esoro's (plus my own attempts/changes)and it's great to have a written well defined resource.

This is one of my fastest clearing characters I've ever played, and bossing has gotten significantly better once i understood some of the mechanics of the build (once I hit t11, monsters stopped freezing for me, esp bosses...but now that's working again :)

To all saying this isn't a league starter - it is, rares work in every location. There's 0 absolutely required item to make it work. There are cheaper alternatives to almost everything - need assassin's mark? Use Oskarm. Need mana leech? It's right under vaal pact. Death's Harp can carry you to t10-t11 easily. We don't need hyrri's demise. Cap your resists, get as much life on things as you can, and don't spend points on jewel sockets if you don't have a good enough jewel for it to be worth it.

I'll change up my links tonight - personally I don't like damage on full life, as anything that hits you will make that drop off, and if there's any sort of degen on you it won't work out. That being said, that's the beauty of this build, it's customizable.
Last edited by Slottm on Dec 19, 2019, 1:54:04 PM
Can someone help me with this build ? I got big problems with making metamorph bosses or even map bosses. My nickname: ________Moosin________

I got death's opus and lioneye's jewel
Last edited by Moosinn on Dec 19, 2019, 1:54:26 PM
"
Moosinn wrote:
Can someone help me with this build ? I got big problems with making metamorph bosses or even map bosses. My nickname: ________Moosin________

I got death's opus and lioneye's jewel

significant life issues. You're level 83 in wanderlusts, with 0 hp on amulet, one ring. the other ring is very little, devoto's has no hp, quiver has low hp, belt has low hp... etc. You spent points on jewel nodes (like the int one) instead of hitting up bravery

You took all the frenzy nodes but have no source of making frenzy yet...
I honestly don't feel comfortable tearing down someone else's work but tbh it doesn't seem like Aquarism puts in much effort anyways: look for their one line answers which always equates to "check blue text". Not only that, but check the nodes in the bottom right, next to Primeval Force. They opt for 12% ele skill damage instead of [10% ele skill damage, 5% chance to apply ele ailments]. Taking those 2 nodes instead is huge.

As others have correctly said, they simply inputted gear from standard that looks good on paper but there's little evidence to suggest they're playing the league and doing well with what they've put down. Their only metamorph character is level 76 with incredibly subpar gear, we're talking +10 maximum life on the gloves.

My advice to any poor soul still stuck on this build is this:
Make sure you're not using Omen on the Winds, THEN swap GMP out to Chain support, example of this is on my current bow,

You will notice a MASSIVE improvement to your damage when clearing with +3 chain, after making sure there is no piercing involved at all. I went from sluggishly doing t3 maps to comfortably clearing t9s alchd quantity, bosses too. (Scourge arrow for ST)
Then swap to this build guide. ([3.9] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build))
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2492780/page/1
This build also has much more activity in the thread showcasing their own items etc.
You may have to use quite a few regrets but the tree given in this build makes far more sense. I don't trust the frenzy quiver to be honest, I tried it out and it would BARELY happen enough. As the other build rightfully says, at some point grab green nightmare jewel to socket below "Survivalist" node for frenzy charges. Hyrri's demise is too good a quiver to pass up for what this build suggests.

I don't wish to do this simply to roast Aquarism. It looks like a lot of work to create any build, especially of this calibre. But I hands down, will not stand by and let people be hoodwinked into having a brutal experience which I endured and would not wish for anyone starting this league.
"
greenimp77 wrote:
"
Sparkily wrote:

First thing I see is the bow - it's pretty lacking in DPS. Plugging in Death's Opus gives literally 50% more dps. If that's not an option price wise, there are lots of 350+ pdps bows on the market for a few chaos.

Thanks for the response, I will try and obtain Death Opus asap. One question I had is which one is top priority, getting a better bow (like Death Opus) or getting Lioneye Jewel and collecting the claw nodes?
death's opus. Claw nodes are just really good for damage (and mana leech, but you can get that elsewhere), but death's opus is better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info