[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

"
Shadowfuri wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share my standard version of this build. I actually based alot of the build on this one but just made a few key changes. Most of the gear is legacy gear I retained from previous leagues as well as harvest crafted gear. The main difference is more focus on survivability and utilising a few more legacy gears, otherwise the play style is very similar.

PoB : >>>>> https://pastebin.com/qHxwxy28 <<<<

Key features
- Pathfinder for abusing legacy flasks
- Double cluster jewel set up to maximise DPS
- Built around legacy Kaom's + legacy vessel of Vinktar + harvest crafted gear. Build would also work fine with a normal Kaom's and integrating Vaal Pact.

Offence
- 30 million shaper DPS
- Partial phys to cold conversion
- Pseudo 6 link ice shot for clear
- Barrage for single target (no weapon swap required). 13 projectiles.
- Culling strike

Defence
- 7.7k HP
- Instant HP + mana leech
- Evasion + Acrobatics + Phase acrobatics + Elusive
- Wind dancer
- Resist capped with Wise Oak
- Wise oak balanced
- Legacy Taste of Hate + some armour for physical mitigation.
- The only things I'm dying from are degen effects and on death effects where the are no mobs to leech off.

Utility
- Headhunter for mapping, Stygian for bossing
- Dash for mobility

Would really want some help on further min maxing my character hopefully without resorting to mirror gear, if there's anything I've stuffed up in my PoB calculations, let me know as well. Thanks!

Had to log in and say. I salute You Sir/ Her/ She / Male or Shemale. thats some impressive stuff you got there. Frickin VC-pill.
So Curse on Hit Assassin's Mark is gone for rings...looks like frostbite is the only thing that would be of any benefit in it's place.

So would frostbite on hit be worth the price? Otherwise it seems like the rings would just be life/res/something else helpful.
"
Shadowfuri wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share my standard version of this build. I actually based alot of the build on this one but just made a few key changes. Most of the gear is harvest crafted gear from last league and legacy gear. The main difference is more focus on survivability and utilising a few more legacy gears, otherwise the play style is very similar.

Key features
- Built around legacy Kaom's + legacy vessel of Vinktar + harvest crafted gear. No mirrored gear because I can't afford it :(
- Build would probably work fine with a normal Kaom's and integrating Vaal Pact, I would probably switch back to deadeye in this case though.

Offence
- 30 million shaper DPS
- Culling strike

Defence
- 7.7k HP
- Instant HP + mana leech. (1 hp to full in 1 ice shot / barrage)
- Wind dancer
- Resist capped with Wise Oak + 55% chaos res
- Wise oak balanced
- Blind
- Corrupted blood immunity
- The only things I'm dying from are random degen effects and on death effects where the are no mobs to leech off.

Utility
- Tailwind + Elusive
- Dash for mobility

Would really want some help on further min maxing my character hopefully without resorting to mirror gear, if there's anything I've stuffed up in my PoB calculations, let me know as well. I've tried to put the rings with the updated curse affixes into PoB but they don't seem to work. Thanks for reading!

IMO, your partial phys to cold for barrage is not efficient enough, you have a relatively high phys bow, but only converting 40% to cold and about 30%(due to increased flask effect) to lightning.

I would just get a pure phys bow, and use rare gloves with culling + abys + T1 AS, and crafted phys conv to cold mod. With that you can take out added cold, and swap in VP, which should give much higher dps. You can get intimidate on gloves too, or from lethal pride. And u can change the curse cluster into another pure dps medium cluster.

It seems that your build is more tweaked on the defensive side, personally I wouldn't do that for an iceshot/barrage build but that's personal preference anyway. I have a much more offensive setup, while still able to reach almost 7k life, and ele res cap without any flasks.

Also, just curious that your legacy Kaom + Vinktar worth 7 Mirror+, why would you not be able to afford mirror tier gears on other slots though. Personally, I would say that Tempest Mantle is a beast for this build, the dps it can bring to such builds is crazy, and I would definitely choose it over Kaom.

"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
Shadowfuri wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share my standard version of this build. I actually based alot of the build on this one but just made a few key changes. Most of the gear is harvest crafted gear from last league and legacy gear. The main difference is more focus on survivability and utilising a few more legacy gears, otherwise the play style is very similar.

Key features
- Built around legacy Kaom's + legacy vessel of Vinktar + harvest crafted gear. No mirrored gear because I can't afford it :(
- Build would probably work fine with a normal Kaom's and integrating Vaal Pact, I would probably switch back to deadeye in this case though.

Offence
- 30 million shaper DPS
- Culling strike

Defence
- 7.7k HP
- Instant HP + mana leech. (1 hp to full in 1 ice shot / barrage)
- Wind dancer
- Resist capped with Wise Oak + 55% chaos res
- Wise oak balanced
- Blind
- Corrupted blood immunity
- The only things I'm dying from are random degen effects and on death effects where the are no mobs to leech off.

Utility
- Tailwind + Elusive
- Dash for mobility

Would really want some help on further min maxing my character hopefully without resorting to mirror gear, if there's anything I've stuffed up in my PoB calculations, let me know as well. I've tried to put the rings with the updated curse affixes into PoB but they don't seem to work. Thanks for reading!

IMO, your partial phys to cold for barrage is not efficient enough, you have a relatively high phys bow, but only converting 40% to cold and about 30%(due to increased flask effect) to lightning.

I would just get a pure phys bow, and use rare gloves with culling + abys + T1 AS, and crafted phys conv to cold mod. With that you can take out added cold, and swap in VP, which should give much higher dps. You can get intimidate on gloves too, or from lethal pride. And u can change the curse cluster into another pure dps medium cluster.

It seems that your build is more tweaked on the defensive side, personally I wouldn't do that for an iceshot/barrage build but that's personal preference anyway. I have a much more offensive setup, while still able to reach almost 7k life, and ele res cap without any flasks.

Also, just curious that your legacy Kaom + Vinktar worth 7 Mirror+, why would you not be able to afford mirror tier gears on other slots though. Personally, I would say that Tempest Mantle is a beast for this build, the dps it can bring to such builds is crazy, and I would definitely choose it over Kaom.

Which build is that and what gear do you have? Can't find it amongst your characters or am I blind?
"
tffiad wrote:
fun and squishy :D

by luck i got a div card which was 15c worth, sold it and bought death harp for 5L. then bought hyrri bite and and just smoothly made it from lvl 32 to 60~, grabbed rat's nest, added inc crit strikes supp to links, kept barrage at 4L helm.

with such equip killed kitava, had about 1500hp :D totally glasscannon, ripped few times in heist because it seems another derilium with overboosted mobs lmao.

got to maps, sold a dropped CiP, bought tabula, clusters, capped my resist, gonna make 6L bow next.

the only problem i think is how squishy build is, atm just playing with 2500hp, i didnt rly boost it, since i have no good rares, but generally ill be able to get to 3k hp. still waiting for cheap prices for abyss jewels.

rolling it to 5k hp will be most tricky part of build i think.

In Heist, so far only one build is over 5k life (and has got way too low dps). The top chars with a chunk of dps are about 4,8k in life, so it really takes a while of minmax atleast in temporary leagues to get past 5,5k I think.
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
that and what gear do you have? Can't find it amongst your characters or am I blind?

My standard character I_PlayWanda. I prefer using TS instead of ice shot though. But the idea is same, I can swap in ice shot, and have similar clear performance.
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
that and what gear do you have? Can't find it amongst your characters or am I blind?

My standard character I_PlayWanda. I prefer using TS instead of ice shot though. But the idea is same, I can swap in ice shot, and have similar clear performance.

I imported this and it wasn't resist capped without flasks :)
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
boondoxsaints wrote:

I have 20 fire res on my lethal pride. And if that still does not cap the res, then you are doing sth wrong with pob
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:

I have 20 fire res on my lethal pride. And if that still does not cap the res, then you are doing sth wrong with pob

I just did a straight import of I_PlayWanda and without ticking any boxes, I see
Fire: 12
Cold: 60
Lightning: 12
Chaos: -25

They are capped after flasks, but not before.
If you can help me to get the setting to if its really capped, that would be appreciated.
Unless, of course, you have resistances on your stygian and the pob is indeed showing me hh on a straight import. Let me know, thanks!
"
andrew8448 wrote:

I just did a straight import of I_PlayWanda and without ticking any boxes, I see
Fire: 12
Cold: 60
Lightning: 12
Chaos: -25

They are capped after flasks, but not before.
If you can help me to get the setting to if its really capped, that would be appreciated.
Unless, of course, you have resistances on your stygian and the pob is indeed showing me hh on a straight import. Let me know, thanks!

Pob ignores cluster jewels by default when doing imports. The jewels should be there, you just need to assign points on the tree urself for clusters. Those and the 20 fire res on lethal pride should cap the res

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info