[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Anyone tried Arborix after the rework? How is it?
Hi Aquarism,

I'm currently following your build as my League Start and have been thoroughly enjoying the ice shattering during every map, But i've seem to run to a stop when trying to progress and doing bosses. I've been able to do normal Atziri in the past with a Cold based Scourge Arrow but for some reason I haven't been able to do it with your build.

I currently have a 5L Hyrri's Ire and a 4L Death's Opus with 3.7k life pool.

I've never been able to min-max a build and this would be the first time I would actually like to invest all my currency into a build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KuronishiX/characters
SoTotallyTristana

I've also added a PoB if you would like to look - https://pastebin.com/DjJqQ4A4
(I know I don't have Fangs of Frost allocated, I'm going to get that back soon.)
I have roughly 100c to spend but I have no idea what to upgrade other than 6 links, and possibly a better bow.

Thanks for the build guide!
Last edited by KuronishiX on Jun 25, 2020, 1:46:50 AM
"
Popcicle wrote:
Anyone tried Arborix after the rework? How is it?

I tried it as an Assassin. Used to play Ice Shot in Delirium and it was imo way better before the nerf. But maybe I'm just used to the old Dash playstyle. In case you have perma elusive + tailwind movement speed should be good enough without dash. Anyhow... from my opinion they nerfed now the last good bow and destroyed more or less ice shot and comparable builds.
"
Bauerranger wrote:
from my opinion they nerfed now the last good bow and destroyed more or less ice shot and comparable builds.
Very sad, they also nerfed crit nodes on the tree. :( Add that to long list of nerfs like double death opus nerf, tornado shot multiple nerfs, completely eradicating elemental scourge arrow from existence, elemental hit nerfs, I have no idea why do they hate bow builds so much.

I saw some league starter chart and the sad state of "bow builds" was that if you wanna play "bow" you have a choice between poison pathfinder, chaos dot trickster or bleed gladiator. Just with a bow flavour. Oh yea, you can also play ignite chieftain. Or best of all, bow skill on mines. :P

At this stage of the game I think Deadeye / Elementalist / Inquisitor need some buffs to keep up with more popular ascendancies like Trickster / Assassin. If they keep nerfing the skills and the items they should at least give something back.
consider that bleed gladiator isn't particularly good without the expensive bow especially at this point of the league, and doesn't scale very well with aurabots
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Bauerranger wrote:
from my opinion they nerfed now the last good bow and destroyed more or less ice shot and comparable builds.
Very sad, they also nerfed crit nodes on the tree. :( Add that to long list of nerfs like double death opus nerf, tornado shot multiple nerfs, completely eradicating elemental scourge arrow from existence, elemental hit nerfs, I have no idea why do they hate bow builds so much.

I saw some league starter chart and the sad state of "bow builds" was that if you wanna play "bow" you have a choice between poison pathfinder, chaos dot trickster or bleed gladiator. Just with a bow flavour. Oh yea, you can also play ignite chieftain. Or best of all, bow skill on mines. :P

At this stage of the game I think Deadeye / Elementalist / Inquisitor need some buffs to keep up with more popular ascendancies like Trickster / Assassin. If they keep nerfing the skills and the items they should at least give something back.

I never did try Arborix in the end but lets go through the bows
Opus: Had it's damage reduced by about 20%, not the end of the world, it does mean you need to either take more crit multi nodes, spec out more, cluster jewel or get base crit that high you can use Inc Crit Damage instead of inc crit strikes. Not the end of the world but it's priced a few out

Chin Sol: Even post nerf if you have a Crit Chance with Hatred Watcher's Eye and/or crit chance gloves this bow is fucking brutal for single target. Hell it can even be a clear bow if you got enough flat stacked. It's downside, low crit and no arrows. Upside old point blank, legacy upside, double point blank.

Reach of the Council: Since they nerfed it from 4 arrows to 2 to volley to greater volley it's been a pile of dogshit and I don't think for the reasons GGG things. Their newest version just doesn't make sense for bow characters, The old one after the first nerf wasn't even that OP by today's standards. A shaper/elder bow DPSwise can destroy legacy RotC except in Barrage.

Hopeshredder: As a raider you can do some pretty meaty Scourge Arrow shenanigans with this bow, shame it isn't Shaper based for Eternity Shroud

Windripper: They killed it RIP

Rares:
So for rares to be worth a damn we need 2 of these stats;
Socketed Gems Deal 20% More Attack Damage
Socketed Gems Chain +1 Times (Deadeye Only)
Adds 2 to 4 Cold Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Dexterity
Chance to deal double damage

Then you got either flat ele stacking or phys conversion. But without two of those 4 mods it's a right pain to get it to beat uniques.

So yeah Ele Scourge arrow hasn't been removed from existence it just requires super intense gearing. But my theory on why bow builds have been shafted often is that mechanically they are one of the tops. Ranged, high damage due to crit, ailment proccing due to crit, and you can achieve godlike levels of damage with heavy investment, they suck at the start sure. But i can imagine it's hard to balance shitty start, nigh unbeatable endgame.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
KuronishiX wrote:
Hi Aquarism,

I'm currently following your build as my League Start and have been thoroughly enjoying the ice shattering during every map, But i've seem to run to a stop when trying to progress and doing bosses. I've been able to do normal Atziri in the past with a Cold based Scourge Arrow but for some reason I haven't been able to do it with your build.

I've never been able to min-max a build and this would be the first time I would actually like to invest all my currency into a build.

SoTotallyTristana

(I know I don't have Fangs of Frost allocated, I'm going to get that back soon.)
I have roughly 100c to spend but I have no idea what to upgrade other than 6 links, and possibly a better bow.

Personally I'd say you're lacking crit, what's your crit chance in your character sheet? If it's say less than 50% you're fucked. 60% still pretty fucked.
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
ohmangus_ wrote:
So apologies for probably a newbie question, but I read through the guide fairly thoroughly, and around 20 pages of replies, and still haven't found what I am looking for.

How in the world do you get the strength requirement to be able to equip the gems? I looked through the POB and I am not seeing where there are any strength nodes taken, nor any strength enhancement on gear, yet it show's the needed amount of strength. I'm not even close - like 70 or so short.

Clearly I am having a no-brainer, "duh", moment but would someone please tell me the secret?

You get a belt with strength (pob has a 60 str belt)
Blood siphon node gives you 20 strength
you get another 30 strength from pathing on left side

Thats enough strength for gems.
"
"
KuronishiX wrote:
Hi Aquarism,

SoTotallyTristana

Personally I'd say you're lacking crit, what's your crit chance in your character sheet? If it's say less than 50% you're fucked. 60% still pretty fucked.

According to PoB my Crit Chance is 33.49% while Effective Crit Chance is 51.87%

I'm assuming I should try find a way to increase my Crit Chance as much as I can?
"
KuronishiX wrote:
"
"
KuronishiX wrote:
Hi Aquarism,

SoTotallyTristana

According to PoB my Crit Chance is 33.49% while Effective Crit Chance is 51.87%

I'm assuming I should try find a way to increase my Crit Chance as much as I can?

Yeah, just using the increased critical strikes gem alone will make it feel way nicer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info