[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
What's the minimum amount of energy shield to comfortably do most content or at least T16 juiced maps? I'm lvl 68 at the current time of this post and I just finished buying all of my gear that I can afford but I only have 6,011 es. Also please suggest the next few upgrades for my gear

i did a 100% delirious map at lvl 85 with just over 9k es. but i did have a disc on hit watchers eye which helped ALOT as it made me unkillable outside of a oneshot

basic gear looks fine though, more levels is going to add a lot of ES as you are going to be grabbing a lot of int in the next few levels. apart from quality and awakened gems, i would try to quality rings and amulet too and a higher rolled coil. thats the cheap stuff. then work on a crafted helm/chest with %int and an enlighten 4 and you can add aspect of the spider into your aura setup
"
crazypearce wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
What's the minimum amount of energy shield to comfortably do most content or at least T16 juiced maps? I'm lvl 68 at the current time of this post and I just finished buying all of my gear that I can afford but I only have 6,011 es. Also please suggest the next few upgrades for my gear

i did a 100% delirious map at lvl 85 with just over 9k es. but i did have a disc on hit watchers eye which helped ALOT as it made me unkillable outside of a oneshot

basic gear looks fine though, more levels is going to add a lot of ES as you are going to be grabbing a lot of int in the next few levels. apart from quality and awakened gems, i would try to quality rings and amulet too and a higher rolled coil. thats the cheap stuff. then work on a crafted helm/chest with %int and an enlighten 4 and you can add aspect of the spider into your aura setup

Thanks for the response
I'm new player and have a question, I'm lvl 75 and currently have 12 unspend points I got all paths except the ones that leads to jewels , now guide tells me to spend them on 4 basic jewel socket near starting point and convert passive points to Int if I do that my INT goes up by 250 my DEX goes down by 23, my STR goes down by 34.

Now I've been looking at cluster jewel, I have 1 with conjured wall, practice caster and essence rush if I put my 3 point to unlock access and 9 in getting 3 major nodes, it will give me:

Spoiler
12% ele damage
105% spell damage increase (total)
40% damage increase while leeching energy
0.3 spell damage leeched as energy shield
5% increased attack and cast speed while leeching energy shield
5% increased cast speed
6% chance to block spell damage if you cast a spell recently

isn't going this way a better option at least for now with my gear? what kind of cluster jewel you recommend(12% cold damage or 10% spell damage) with what passive skill? how cluster jewel works? can I unsocket it and get back all my points or I need to respec those points then unsocket it?

sorry if it became too long
Last edited by PedramIV on Apr 1, 2020, 6:13:07 AM
"
PedramIV wrote:

isn't going this way a better option at least for now with my gear? what kind of cluster jewel you recommend(12% cold damage or 10% spell damage) with what passive skill? how cluster jewel works? can I unsocket it and get back all my points or I need to respec those points then unsocket it?

sorry if it became too long

it should be better. but the latest patch added a lot of customization that you just need to test yourself. before it was a pretty straight forward path in regards to the tree and jewels. but now with cluster jewels and split personality you have a ton of different variations. if in doubt just setup PoB and test it, its the best way to be sure

cold to the core is the best cluster notable if i'm not mistaken. just the notable itself gives me 125% cold damage and it can scale a bit more too when i get some better INT gear. so i would personally get a cluster jewel with that and another passive, with 8 maximum sockets and a jewel socket as well, two if you can afford it

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/E3oG6WVH5

just for one here with a second passive that does something for us, there are many different and viable options

edit: in terms of respeccing a cluster jewel you only need to spend 1 refund point to take all the points linked to it. you just right click the jewel and it'll ask to take 1 point and remove all assossiated notes. its pretty helpful
Last edited by crazypearce on Apr 1, 2020, 7:45:28 AM
Thanks, I got a cold to the core one with another bad one and +2 dex to each passive, I'm gonna use it untill I get a better one
Well this was a new foray for me. First time playing a CI build - in life builds, flasks are fairly obvious. What would you recommend for this?
"
PhanTom_lt wrote:
Well this was a new foray for me. First time playing a CI build - in life builds, flasks are fairly obvious. What would you recommend for this?

Look at my char flasks (Corona_Madness) and replace the Bottled Faith (expensive one) with a Chemist Sulphur Flask of Heat for example and you are good to go.
For the Wise Oak to function properly your cold resistance (value between parentheses) should be highest among all elemental resistances.(cold/fire/lightning)

My flasks are crafted for maximum number of use also which is o nice QoL
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 1, 2020, 2:48:06 PM
Re the new jewels, I switched back to the usual brute force in the corners. I did put one split personality jewel in one spot (and I'll put another in a different one shortly.)

I am finding the extra ES from the extra int going back to the old way better for me right now (level 92.) At a higher level, that will certainly change. The dps difference between two cold to the core jewel and two brute forces was only about 5% less, with 10% more ES.
Last edited by Graiaule on Apr 1, 2020, 5:55:30 PM
lol?

30% area effect xD
its not like youre wanting for coverage with icestorm. id have thought fortify corrupt would be better for the phsy dmg from hits reduction since one shots are the only thing that really kills the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info