[3.13] RECKONING (Counterattack) Gladiator Build. Let them kill themselves! UBER ~2 min! BOSSES AFK

I am currently trying the build after failed attempts with a test build with vengeance last league, and i am having zero problems with damage, yellow map bosses sometimes one shot themselves and im on a 5 link chest without maim or crit chance. I did 2 tier 16's today (not deathless but i did them) and the damage is fine, im currently just trying to increase tankiness myself.

Angry will you be playing this build this league? I'm a youtube fan and kind of want to see how you do with it on the new atlas
Finally i know how to post my stuff, well here is how i ended my gear, i still need to go for level 100. The only problem i have is that some stupid mobs explode and those are the only one who can kill me, is not for blight maps (with a quicksilver flask with speed in it + sand stance you may cleared, you will move very fast), you are too slow to clear everything, just create an other exile for it.

I like this and we can do a lot of improvements for the tree. and get 2 more jewels if we gear right.

i will love to end my gear like this https://pastebin.com/4Ac28SpA tree setup + 1 jewel with resistance, hp and cap hit chance. If you are low in hit chance and resistances go for "Weathered Hunter" in tree. If you have not capped Resistances + phy dmg reduction go for "soul of steel"

To explain something about my gear.

I made the gloves with 2R-1B-1G so i can switch 1 red with war banner for maps bosses and delve with stone golem for more hp regen since is where you need it to survive, it feel much better.

Last edited by Fearcooker on Jan 4, 2020, 2:15:19 AM
i have 2 questions about the abyssus helmet

1. crit multi roll
the crit multiplier roll is 100-125%
but there are non corruptet helmets with up to 225%
how did they get them?

2. chance to enchant
whats the quick math to get the desired enchantment?
there are 535 merciless enchantments
so it it 1:535? or plays the gear base a role in the chance?
like in colouring sockets?

Im bad at math.
Last edited by LoTharios on Jan 4, 2020, 2:34:24 PM
lab enchants are 100% random i believe
"
LoTharios wrote:
i have 2 questions about the abyssus helmet

1. crit multi roll
the crit multiplier roll is 100-125%
but there are non corruptet helmets with up to 225%
how did they get them?

2. chance to enchant
whats the quick math to get the desired enchantment?
there are 535 merciless enchantments
so it it 1:535? or plays the gear base a role in the chance?
like in colouring sockets?

The 225% ones are legacy and only have on standard.
"
"
LoTharios wrote:
finally someone feeling the same...

yesterday i finally bought surrender.
still 90% of mob killing is cyclone. which is fine and enough damage.
but rarely reckoning does anything to bosses.
it just doesnt proc often enough.

than i switched some gemms for fun.
my normal cyclone setup was like the original poster just with maim for rage. (i dont have the maim armor mod)
the tooltip damage fully buffed was around 350k
with pulverise+brutality and infused channeling it went up to 900k.
thats insane.
did no one ever tried that?

PoB didnt give a hint about that.
it was just try&error

Without the Helm enchant your reckoning will simply not proc often enough. That's your problem

so i ran with the helmet enchant, and it still rarely goes off in a map, most mobs die and it doesn't proc. but then, even against bosses and metamorphs, it is not that frequent.

i've got high dps in pob (impale fork) and the right gear etc, but i just can't get this build to work. it is good enough against bosses and metamorphs, but there is no aoe clear for legion, cassia, and delve is painful, though effective

i just don't see reckoning working enough, and without any bleed or poison, unless you facetank, you can't kite around tricky bosses
"
"
"
LoTharios wrote:
finally someone feeling the same...

yesterday i finally bought surrender.
still 90% of mob killing is cyclone. which is fine and enough damage.
but rarely reckoning does anything to bosses.
it just doesnt proc often enough.

than i switched some gemms for fun.
my normal cyclone setup was like the original poster just with maim for rage. (i dont have the maim armor mod)
the tooltip damage fully buffed was around 350k
with pulverise+brutality and infused channeling it went up to 900k.
thats insane.
did no one ever tried that?

PoB didnt give a hint about that.
it was just try&error

Without the Helm enchant your reckoning will simply not proc often enough. That's your problem

so i ran with the helmet enchant, and it still rarely goes off in a map, most mobs die and it doesn't proc. but then, even against bosses and metamorphs, it is not that frequent.

i've got high dps in pob (impale fork) and the right gear etc, but i just can't get this build to work. it is good enough against bosses and metamorphs, but there is no aoe clear for legion, cassia, and delve is painful, though effective

i just don't see reckoning working enough, and without any bleed or poison, unless you facetank, you can't kite around tricky bosses

So true about low reckoning procs, i know why.

Procs more with range spells or range attacks, melee monsters are pretty much push out due the knock back, in bosses here is the funny thing, when they do the animation to hit you you are in Cyclone, the boss wont follow you and will miss the hit if you away of his cone attack. TO PROC Reckoning just SUCK all the damage watch out what are you suckin cuz you will die if your block dont proc.

For Delve go sand stance + Quartz flask with speed movement and effect extended + stone golem, have fun.
Last edited by Fearcooker on Jan 5, 2020, 1:56:50 AM
Finally!

i got my maim/-mana cost body armour! (just 3ex)
although its not the best its such a great Qol item.
i could change my tree, the gem setup and a few jewels.

cyclone dps in hideout is now unbuffed 380k
reckoning avg dmg is 270k

since the cyclone does most of the work im considering to switch rage for pulverize.
dps went up to 507k.
in battle up tp 900k. thats 200k more than with rage.

T14 Bosses/Izaro/Atziri are melting away in 2-4 seconds.
so what do i need reckoning for?
Im bad at math.
"
LoTharios wrote:
Finally!

i got my maim/-mana cost body armor! (just 3ex)
although its not the best its such a great Qol item.
i could change my tree, the gem setup and a few jewels.

cyclone dps in hideout is now unbuffed 380k
reckoning avg dmg is 270k

since the cyclone does most of the work im considering to switch rage for pulverize.
dps went up to 507k.
in battle up tp 900k. thats 200k more than with rage.

T14 Bosses/Izaro/Atziri are melting away in 2-4 seconds.
so what do i need reckoning for?

A few mistakes you have made.

Reckoning wont scale with attack speed.
Too low hp, you must keep dying non stop.
Your cyclone damage, something is wrong, just made the numbers in path of building and is only 390k shaper is only 330k buffed.
To see your real dps change in configuration to shaper/guardians in "for effective dps"

https://pastebin.com/BHy4LKRz check this in path of building and compare it with yours.

Btw, why bother to build something if you dont like or is clear that you dont know how this work, but, have fun!
Last edited by Fearcooker on Jan 5, 2020, 7:01:46 AM
"
Fearcooker wrote:

Too low hp, you must keep dying non stop.
not at all
"
Fearcooker wrote:

https://pastebin.com/BHy4LKRz check this in path of building and compare it with yours.
i did.
when i put my tree on your build the dps even goes up from 7.9 to 8.6 million
ofc loosing some life
"
Fearcooker wrote:

Btw, why bother to build something if you dont like or is clear that you dont know how this work, but, have fun!
i was impressed by the footage i saw and obviously couldnt test it before.
so i started a new char with very little budget and by the time i could afford the surrender i was already lvl mid 80s.
as i wrote it was only yesterday that i got my maim chest so that i could switch maim support for rage.

and i just was not impressed by the reckoning. it was nowhere near the video footage, although everybody claimed it would be great even after the nerf.

so its natural that i ask questions and try to test something out to improve my build.

funny thing is, my first tree looked very similar to the one you linked, but the one i have now did improve my damage by a lot.
dunno from what streamer it was, but he was vaporizing shaper with it.

so thats the status quo.
still figuring out how to make the best out of it with my tiny budget.

edit
when i put me gear on your char the damage gets halfed.
so its mostly a budget thing.
i will get there. may take some time...

edit 2
when i put your gear on my char the damage only went up by less than 10%.
so im lost again
Im bad at math.
Last edited by LoTharios on Jan 5, 2020, 8:23:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info