[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
saxisa wrote:
Level 83... a lot of fun up to this point. But I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. The build feels a bit clunky from a playstyle perspective. I cast contagion, then shoot the pack with ED. Right?

The problem is sometimes contagion doesn't seem to fire, or I can't make a kill fast enough with ED, or one or two dudes escape and then I have to chase them down one by one. The timing requires that I wait a sec between contagion cast to make sure it fired, then trigger ED and see if that worked. If not, do that again which is really slowing me down. If I get it right, there's that satisfying wave that just pops packs, but that only seems to succeed about 75% of the time. For bosses, they don't die with the initial pack pop, so then I have to go stand next to them with blight as they beat on me- which doesn't work out so well all the time.

Am I doing this wrong? Any tips?

Also, with Cassia missions, I'm about 50/50 with the blight stuff. Too many escapees from the contagion explosions and chasing each one down in time isn't great. Does this build suffer in blight encounters?

What tiers are you running? I see this isn't your first character, but the gear you currently have equipped is what you'd have around t8-9 maps on leaguestart.
If you're expecting to clear t16s with this, it's bound to be very low damage and clunky.

The first thing you should do is buy a levle 21 ed gem. +3 levels is about 35% more damage, that's really big.

For the casting clunkyness, you want more cast speed. Investing in it on gear is often to high of an opportunity cost, but there are a few easy way to get great amounts of castspeed still:
- Onslaught on kill on an abyss jewel for 20%
- levelled faster casting on contagion, awakened CD on ED for 10% total
- Arcane surge for 10% if/when you're richer
- Frenzy charges for 12%
Also, early on, you might get stunned when you ghost shrouds run out. Later on, with more life, dodge and damage, your shrouds are pretty much permanantly up, which feels much better.

"
Tarzanlepa wrote:
Don't you think that Eradicator belongs to same tier as Sirus? 50/50 chance of getting the easy/hard variation of him. I am deep into min/max flowchart and I still die 3-6 times per fight against him with overcapped lightning res etc. Is lightning damage even dodgeable, feels that 90% of my deaths over all come from 3 lightning abilities hitting me in span of 0.5sec.

Eradicator is by far the hardest elder guardian. Hard mapmods can make him pretty insane. The one on the pillars outside isn't too bad, but the manor with the zapping pylons can be really tough. you really want to keep moving around him, almost never stop for blight until you don't know when it's safe to do so.
More damage helps, for obvious reasons.
"
saxisa wrote:
Spoiler
Level 83... a lot of fun up to this point. But I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. The build feels a bit clunky from a playstyle perspective. I cast contagion, then shoot the pack with ED. Right?

The problem is sometimes contagion doesn't seem to fire, or I can't make a kill fast enough with ED, or one or two dudes escape and then I have to chase them down one by one. The timing requires that I wait a sec between contagion cast to make sure it fired, then trigger ED and see if that worked. If not, do that again which is really slowing me down. If I get it right, there's that satisfying wave that just pops packs, but that only seems to succeed about 75% of the time. For bosses, they don't die with the initial pack pop, so then I have to go stand next to them with blight as they beat on me- which doesn't work out so well all the time.

Am I doing this wrong? Any tips?

Also, with Cassia missions, I'm about 50/50 with the blight stuff. Too many escapees from the contagion explosions and chasing each one down in time isn't great. Does this build suffer in blight encounters?

I think the green nightmare will help you a lot. It's down to 80c now and you really feel it when you add it.

I pass all blight encounters fairly easily and I am doing T15s normally.
Vaal Blight charges quick, it's the ultimate OH SHIT button.

You can build a Hyrri's Ire much cheaper than buying one.
Look for evasion close to 220%, don't buy a corrupted one (whoops).
Then I just rolled 3blue on the bench, did 4-3-4-3-4-3-4-3 until I got 4 blue and hit it with the 6 socket for 4b2g. We got 6 socket recipe in delve at depth 84!
Mine is 5 linked, just waiting for the 6 link recipe.
Hopefully the garden will cough one up soon.

The thing I love about this guide is I can now say things like "You can make that yourself cheaper". Thanks again Darkxellmc!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Jul 17, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
"

- Gotta admit i dont like having too much movement speed, cause my pc doesn't run the game fluently and adding speed to sometimes spike lags, can kill me at times.
- So having less movement speed feels better on my pc, and i am still clearing fast :p

I totally agree, i have same problem...

i play with few fps, so when elusive+quicksilver i'm already gotting many lag spikes... (and my quiver havent movespeed yet)

in my bow i craft 45% cold res.
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
One hint to ppl with free mana, if someone running one amulet like mine

lvl 3 enlighten works to use discipline/malevolence/spider/dread banner!

Dread banner reduced accuracy from mobs, so its help a lot for just 10% mana reserved! (8 or 9 with enlighten).

I'm using hubris helm and no one point in 'less mana reserved' in tree or corrupted jewels.
\/

Sorry for my poor english!!

/\
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

What tiers are you running? I see this isn't your first character, but the gear you currently have equipped is what you'd have around t8-9 maps on leaguestart.
If you're expecting to clear t16s with this, it's bound to be very low damage and clunky.

The first thing you should do is buy a levle 21 ed gem. +3 levels is about 35% more damage, that's really big.

For the casting clunkyness, you want more cast speed. Investing in it on gear is often to high of an opportunity cost, but there are a few easy way to get great amounts of castspeed still:
- Onslaught on kill on an abyss jewel for 20%
- levelled faster casting on contagion, awakened CD on ED for 10% total
- Arcane surge for 10% if/when you're richer
- Frenzy charges for 12%
Also, early on, you might get stunned when you ghost shrouds run out. Later on, with more life, dodge and damage, your shrouds are pretty much permanantly up, which feels much better.

Great tips, thanks! Yep I switched from a VD/DD build to this because of currency problems- which are still killing me. For whatever reason, this league is really tough for me to generate cash. So I'm constantly strapped and grinding maps trying to get something decent to drop.
Has someone tried a Gift to the Goddess or other uber-uber lab already? Is it doable with this build?
I'm about lvl 91 now, played the build on a budget for a while then i invested some serious currency and that really does help. It mostly helps with the Bossing the extra cash. Did Shaper the other day my 2nd attempt was deathless (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzF1nUQWYv8).

But can say solid build for mapping and clearing super fast!

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/GN0uirzE

Thanks for an awesome build! Love it!
"
goozaan wrote:
Has someone tried a Gift to the Goddess or other uber-uber lab already? Is it doable with this build?

yeah I did a few, perfectly doable :)
"
falagar112 wrote:
"
goozaan wrote:

yeah I did a few, perfectly doable :)

Cool, thank you! Then I will give it a go!
I'm not sure if it's in this giant thread somewhere, but is there a breakdown of the various sources of increased damage, and how they stack?

i.e. when comparing jewels, how should I weight +4% chaos dmg over time mult vs. +10% chaos damage.

Trying to do this without adding each item manually into POB to see dps differences.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info