Price check

Hi. I am pretty new to POE and found an item (type) I have not seen before. I have troubles finding out its value.

Is this item worth anything, and if so how much?

Thank you for any replies
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2019, 6:32:47 AM
Don't see much special about it, but what do I know?

The background means that it's a Shaper base, so the shaper prefixes and suffixes are possible. That's cool, but you don't really have any on that item that would make it shine. It's also not on a base item that people typically would want to trade for.

Here's some advice on rares: If there's a better unique out there for the same purpose, it's not worth pricing it. Atziri's Axe is hands down better than yours. So any shoppers are going to look at your item and go with the other choice. Rares the are trade-worthy are usually used in less important spots or are really good at what they do in that spot.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 5, 2019, 12:16:28 PM
Well I just figured it could be worth something because it seems pretty special with the background and all? Is that just for looks?
It is worth as much as the NPC vendor gives you for it.
"
Laaberg25 wrote:
Well I just figured it could be worth something because it seems pretty special with the background and all? Is that just for looks?

The fancy background just means it is an Elder item, so it dropped from an Elder-influenced map (I think that's the only way you get them). You will eventually have tons of such items drop. They can have "elder" mods rolled on them that non-elder items cannot have, which can make them somewhat special, but it's still just an RNG crapfest.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Last edited by GhostlightX on Jul 5, 2019, 12:18:39 PM
The background means it is a shaper-item. Those usually drop when you do shaper influenced maps. If you can get the correct item type combined with a high itemlevel (from high tier maps) they can be worth quite a bit. This one however is a bad base so people would not buy it for crafting.

Shaper(star/space background) and elder(tentacle background) items can have special mods and are widely used for crafting.

It takes a bit of build/game knowledge to recognize what items are worth a lot

One tip would to use the trade site to search for item level, item base type and shaper/elder enabled(whichever applies). That will give you an idea how much the base item is worth. If you have good stats on top of that you can get a lot of currency for them.
Last edited by arknath on Jul 5, 2019, 12:22:04 PM
"
GhostlightX wrote:
"
Laaberg25 wrote:

The fancy background just means it is an Elder item, so it dropped from an Elder-influenced map (I think that's the only way you get them). You will eventually have tons of such items drop. They can have "elder" mods rolled on them that non-elder items cannot have, which can make them somewhat special, but it's still just an RNG crapfest.

Not an elder item
Elder items have the wavy tentacles for a background and have a different set of specialized affices available.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jul 5, 2019, 12:21:59 PM
Thank you all. Guess I will sell it to the NPC then
You could learn about this by clicking on the trade icon up there and filtering for "Rare, 2 hand Axes, Shaper-base" See what people are putting up for sale.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info