[3.8]CodRayZeal's Iron Commander Hierophant (10 Siege Ballistas @ 300k dps)

"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
Camaron wrote:
What about shrapnel ballista? whats difference between it and siege?

On paper it seems shrapnel is better since it fires 3 arrows so u don't need GMP? how about vs bosses?

Lvling this now.

Kinda shit for league start, as most of your gems arent available for templar.

Getting dex early on is also painful.

I lvled with orb of storms last league, and I know how op it was. Too bad they kinda overnerf oos to the ground.

Lvling with burning arrow, ballista, and elemental prolif works very well for me. Swap prolif for combustion for single bosses.

Once 38 and able to grab barrage support. Also once you got rain of splinters, i think galvanic arrow can outdamage any skill in the game in terms of sheer burst damage.

This league I actually am still using an ordinary bow while I build up my dex and get all the necessary items, since we only lose about half our totems not using Iron Commander it seems like the best way if you want to play siege ballista from the start.
am doing a similar build, just its 15 ballistas at 270k, with room to get to about 300k a totem. widl wrap and shapers touch are a great help
"
thotbott wrote:
am doing a similar build, just its 15 ballistas at 270k, with room to get to about 300k a totem. widl wrap and shapers touch are a great help

Can you have a link for PoB that is good to compare and CodrayZeal's can improuve is build

but i think your build will be hard to cap resist because only your rings is free (not unique) ?
is this build any good in 3.9 ?
"
mopzi wrote:

Probably not the best ballista build but its really fun to play and leveling was quite a bit easier with the fact that we could have 5 totems with a regular bow, I only switched to Iron Commander when I could have about 8 totems with it.

Edit: also the chest, amulet, belt and quiver are more expensive, lastly your gloves will look something like this now:

Last edited by codraziel on Dec 20, 2019, 12:29:00 PM
"
codraziel wrote:
"
mopzi wrote:

Probably not the best ballista build but its really fun to play and leveling was quite a bit easier with the fact that we could have 5 totems with a regular bow, I only switched to Iron Commander when I could have about 8 totems with it.

Edit: also the chest, amulet, belt and quiver are more expensive, lastly your gloves will look something like this now:

what number of dex you have with this the way you go with your character ? is it worth going this way now ? does that need a good brutal restrain before go this way ? does your totem have enought resist/life for facetank métamorph ? also your resist is cap ?

also i think its better in your gems setup to use frostbite with curse on it and rain of arrow its a good boost instead of precision that useless in this setup.
Last edited by Hoheinheim on Dec 21, 2019, 2:37:43 AM
1200 without brutal restraint 1400 with,

define worth? because it works and so far hasnt had much trouble,

absolutely not and I did it without astramentis and hyrri's until mid 80s

yes they do and my placement time is 0.19s so making new ones is also easy

I just changed a bunch of shit and now have overcap on cold with fire and lightning needing a bismuth to cap

Because of all the penetration it's not, also the crit from precision has a pretty low mana cost so why not :D also in preparation for a watcher's eye :D

Have I answered your questions satisfactorily and offered good customer service?

"
codraziel wrote:

Because of all the penetration it's not, also the crit from precision has a pretty low mana cost so why not :D also in preparation for a watcher's eye :D

Yes but you can use precision in another setup like your aura setup precision, hatred, HoI, stone golem for regen or any other golem for more damage

Do you think this way is the best to do in 3.9 and can you update the build ?
"
Hoheinheim wrote:
"
codraziel wrote:

Yes but you can use precision in another setup like your aura setup precision, hatred, HoI, stone golem for regen or any other golem for more damage

Do you think this way is the best to do in 3.9 and can you update the build ?

I'll probably fix my gems when I'm bored, right now I have a nearly empty chest and just the "essentials" then I'll update the guide

Probably not as there are lots of ways to do ballistas now.

eventually.
Is wildwrap more useful than Hyrri's Ire or is it just cost efficient?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info