[3.14] Aspect of Carnage Ground Slam Berserker, Bosser, Fast, League starter

Hey, enjoying the build, big thanks!

Anyone else having trouble maintaining mana when single target?
Last edited by sunefication on Oct 3, 2020, 8:27:15 AM
-9 mana cost for skills on ring really helps with that.

Other than that, a mana flask with some immunity and "does not end at full mana" was helpful until I got enough mana leech/ring
is there a path of building for this?
"
seesee215 wrote:
is there a path of building for this?

I did leave a PoB for the RT setup. The Crit setup (which I made in harvest) doesnt have any notes on it like the RT, but you can see what a 50 mil dps character without abyssus looks like (Seismic Cry on average doubles damage for 5 hits, and pride's full effect isn't counted in the dps number, nor are the totems which deal millions of dps each even without supports.)

Sorry it took a while to respond, been busy IRL.

Edit: This idiot <<<<< forgot to leave the crit PoB
https://pastebin.com/zhnsaKFi
Last edited by Ekule731 on Oct 13, 2020, 10:02:03 PM
I've had a lot of fun with this build during the campaign but I seem to be stuck now on my 94 berzerker. I've got my char like, 80% matching yours but the best DPS I can seem to muster is around 600k. I can't seem to pinpoint the massive discrepancy. All the suggested items/flasks and mostly the same skill points while following the build's basic concept. 100% impale and I can't seem to come close. Any advice?

Edit: Also, the 2h Axe does have Fist of War in it, but PoB just doesn't recognize it so substitute Fortify.
Last edited by BuhamutZeo on Oct 16, 2020, 1:58:01 PM
"
BuhamutZeo wrote:
I've had a lot of fun with this build during the campaign but I seem to be stuck now on my 94 berzerker. I've got my char like, 80% matching yours but the best DPS I can seem to muster is around 600k. I can't seem to pinpoint the massive discrepancy. All the suggested items/flasks and mostly the same skill points while following the build's basic concept. 100% impale and I can't seem to come close. Any advice?

Edit: Also, the 2h Axe does have Fist of War in it, but PoB just doesn't recognize it so substitute Fortify.

So I noticed 2 main things.
1). So while you have a 640 pdps axe, the attack speed on it is rather slow. If your fine with your ground slam, and importantly your leap slam being a little slower, then its fine.
2). About fist of war support. It doesnt show up on tooltip in game, and I think PoB has trouble calculating it as well. This means any dps number you see on tooltip in game or in PoB will be lower than it really is. More importantly though, fist of war support does give some increased AoE and damage for its charged slams, but since the attack speed is so high with berserker, you should use Ruthless Support instead. Ruthless support has a slightly lower multiplier, but doesnt have the cooldown that fist of war support does. Assuming your attacking more than 3 times in 1.8 second span of fist of war's cooldown (should be more than 6), then the single target dps will be higher with ruthless. If your onetapping while clearing maps however, it will feel a little different with ruthless.

You dont have any flat physical damage to attacks on your rings, (aside from steel ring implicit) but since your average hit on your axe is so high the dps difference is relatively negligible. Your RT, and not the crit variant, which alone does mean your not going to be doing as much dps as the crit variant does.
Overall it seems like you should have millions of dps with your setup. The 800k tooltip I showed does have an axe I ended up finishing crafting shortly after the screenshot to have 900+ pdps, as opposed to the 640 of your axe. It not being harvest league, getting an axe with that much dps is much harder, so your 640pdps axe is fine. Its just probably the main discrepancy.
I appreciate ya looking into it for me. Yeah, I got a reaaallly lucky fossil roll early on that axe and have been rolling with it since. Can't seem to do a thing to craft myself much better though.

So yeah, PoB doesn't seem to recognize Fist of War at all, as in it's not even on the list to slot into your skills. My reasoning behind using that over Ruthless was I'm squishy...VERY squishy, so I'm going to be leaping around boss fights A LOT. I felt like I'd get more opportunistic damage out of a time based damage buff than an attack speed buff.

Guess all I can do is grind and try to find a faster, more hurty axe and look into Ruthless.
Last edited by BuhamutZeo on Oct 20, 2020, 12:28:00 PM
That build is so much fun, first time playing Poe and really enjoying it. Made it to level 80 with ez
Thank you so much !!
I cant seem to use Pride and keep enough Mana to use my other skills. Any recommendations on how to fix this issue? Should I have gear with mana leech of something?
"
Rell2K wrote:
I cant seem to use Pride and keep enough Mana to use my other skills. Any recommendations on how to fix this issue? Should I have gear with mana leech of something?

- On looking at your character, I see that you only have the 3 auras, all linked properly. You also have the pain reaver ascendancy node which gives 2% mana leech.
- The big problem I noticed is you have your leap slam, but its not linked to blood magic. This is a big issue. We really dont have that much mana and leap slam attacks so fast that youll use up your mana very very quickly, especially if your not hitting enemies with it. If you link leap slam to blood magic support it should fix the issue. The life cost of leap slam will be so low that you shouldn't even notice its life cost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info