[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Question. I noticed that you took Zealot's oath on the tree. I have almost next to no life regen, will you be able to tell me why this node is chosen? Thank you!
"
TommyLin1989 wrote:
Question. I noticed that you took Zealot's oath on the tree. I have almost next to no life regen, will you be able to tell me why this node is chosen? Thank you!

Time of need. Combat stamina wheel, etc.
Last edited by mc29654363 on Sep 9, 2020, 8:05:10 PM
Vatinas, I just hit level 100 with this guide. My setup at the moment is based on the previous version of the guide (a few changes from what is currently on Page 1) but I'm looking forward to optimizing this a bit going forward and doing some farming with a couple friends on T19/100% Delirium maps. Thank you so so so much for this build. It really is a lot of fun and it's allowing me to do a whole portion of Path of Exile that I probably wouldn't have gotten to see.

Thank you!!
"
Damspy1 wrote:
Cool new alternate effect on HoP ,maybe?

I was really excited to see the alternate quality on HoP (well, one of the alternate quality, I guess there could be another), but unfortunately this one wouldn't be useful for us. We're already unkillable, so having taunting minions would be kind of useless; in fact, it's better for mobs to target us (which is another benefit of Rallying Cry), since we're tanky, but our sentinels aren't (we don't invest in minion life / life regen enough for it). So as long as our sentinels aren't being targeted 24/7 and we keep spinnin' to resummon them, we're perfectly fine :)

"
Armi23 wrote:
Hi!
This build looks great!! Actually I'm reading the leveling guide and I don't see where the cyclone gem comes in since it can be gotten in act 3, shouldn't you indicate when do the transition? I'm Missing something?

You should start using Cyclone when you get your Fang. In a way, your Dom Blow sentinels "replace" the spiders before you can get them. :)

"
Seraphgrim wrote:
Vatinas, I just hit level 100 with this guide. My setup at the moment is based on the previous version of the guide (a few changes from what is currently on Page 1) but I'm looking forward to optimizing this a bit going forward and doing some farming with a couple friends on T19/100% Delirium maps. Thank you so so so much for this build. It really is a lot of fun and it's allowing me to do a whole portion of Path of Exile that I probably wouldn't have gotten to see.

Thank you!!

It felt weird reading your message because I felt exactly the same in some way :') I hit my first level 100 this league, and in the past few leagues that I've been playing this build I've gotten to see so much stuff for the first time - Sirus, Cortex, deep delve, T19 delirious maps, etc. I'm so glad that I could help you enjoy so much stuff! <3
"
TommyLin1989 wrote:

I'm sorry, I missed your message in my previous reply; we do take a lot of life regen in the tree (Sanctity, Combat Stamina wheel, Righteous army (even though that last node is taken at very high level)), which is already worth taking Zealot's Oath for. Ideally, we also aim for life regen enchant on our boots, as seen in the PoB.

But, more importantly, Time of need. 30% of our max ES every 5 seconds is insane. In fact, it's even more insane that one might think.

Before the guardian ascendancy was reworked (a looong time ago), I wasn't using Time of Need in this build, and I remember being hard stuck on fights with DoT, since I couldn't block DoT (duh). I distinctly recall facerolling T16 map bosses, and being unable to even touch the Park map boss, which was a T13 back then, because she cast light rays from the sky that follow you and deal DoT. I literally couldn't touch her, and had to call a friend to carry the boss every time. Now, with this ascendancy, I faceroll her just like every other boss. I really can't stress this enough; Time of Need + Zealot's Oath is already crazy good in theory, but in practice, it's 10 times even more insane. ^^

Edit: I finished writing the "gear progression" section! Please feel free to tell me if I forgot something, if the format is not clear, if I made a typo, etc. :)
Last edited by Vatinas on Sep 10, 2020, 7:00:29 AM
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
TommyLin1989 wrote:

I'm sorry, I missed your message in my previous reply; we do take a lot of life regen in the tree (Sanctity, Combat Stamina wheel, Righteous army (even though that last node is taken at very high level)), which is already worth taking Zealot's Oath for. Ideally, we also aim for life regen enchant on our boots, as seen in the PoB.

But, more importantly, Time of need. 30% of our max ES every 5 seconds is insane. In fact, it's even more insane that one might think.

Before the guardian ascendancy was reworked (a looong time ago), I wasn't using Time of Need in this build, and I remember being hard stuck on fights with DoT, since I couldn't block DoT (duh). I distinctly recall facerolling T16 map bosses, and being unable to even touch the Park map boss, which was a T13 back then, because she cast light rays from the sky that follow you and deal DoT. I literally couldn't touch her, and had to call a friend to carry the boss every time. Now, with this ascendancy, I faceroll her just like every other boss. I really can't stress this enough; Time of Need + Zealot's Oath is already crazy good in theory, but in practice, it's 10 times even more insane. ^^

Thank you Vatinas. I added Zealot's oath and I immediately noticed a difference, was able to complete lvl 6 Sirus without breaking a sweat. Thank you again for creating this amazing build. Because of you I am able to reach deep into the end game for the first time without any frustration.
Last edited by TommyLin1989 on Sep 10, 2020, 12:47:25 PM
Hope you forgive my dumb question, but how is thise build in terms of gamepaly?
Looks like ther's a lot of buttons to press and flask to manage).
"
TommyLin1989 wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
"
TommyLin1989 wrote:

Thank you Vatinas. I added Zealot's oath and I immediately noticed a difference, was able to complete lvl 6 Sirus without breaking a sweat. Thank you again for creating this amazing build. Because of you I am able to reach deep into the end game for the first time without any frustration.

I'm so glad to hear it! ^^ It was exactly what I wanted to achieve when I started sharing this build, making end game content accessible to more people (including myself, I have to be honest, haha). I'm really happy that you could enjoy more of the game!

"
ScottEvill wrote:
Hope you forgive my dumb question, but how is thise build in terms of gamepaly?
Looks like ther's a lot of buttons to press and flask to manage).

There's no dumb question :) As said in the guide, I would rather have people read the guide (at least the main sections) before asking questions, but your question is more general and not addressed directly in there, so it's perfectly valid.

It's true that there are a few buttons to press; this is how I like to play personally. I don't really like one button builds, or doing everything we can to automatise everything.

That being said, I still did my best to make the build as smooth to play as possible. For instance, it might appear to be a waste to use one of our sockets to socket Increased Duration, especially when we're so socket starved, but it increases the duration of all our duration gems (Rallying Cry, Spirit Offering, Molten Shell) dramatically; that, on top of our anointment, Potency of Will, which also increases duration, makes Spirit Offering over 20 seconds long with one pile of corpses only, and Rallying Cry longer than its cooldown, which means that they're really easy to maintain. As for the golem, we did automatise it, since one more skill to cast would have been too much in my opinion.

Another thing is that you don't need to have 100% of your buffs active all the time. Sure, Spirit Offering lasting over 20 seconds means that you can cast it after killing a pack now and then while clearing, but you don't *have* to, you'll have more than enough damage already; and Rallying Cry is a decent damage boost, but similarly, you don't *have* to use it constantly while clearing. As for Molten Shell, self casting it is vital since it allows you to use it when you need it, but you really don't need it often. Mainly before a Sirus meteor, or a Shaper slam if you want to be safe, or in a very tough map when several beyond bosses gang up on you. But like the other skills I mentioned, you don't *have* to use it often.

To sum it up, yes, there are several buttons to press, but in practice, you don't have to press them very often while clearing; and for bossing, I invested in several resources that improve the quality of life a lot. It's still more proactive than a one button VD build, but I don't think it's frustrating to play, far from it. ^^
Hi man, I met this beautiful building by chance and from everything I've tried I'm finding it sensational. I am loving this construction, although it has not yet reached the ideal level, I am at 92. I hope you keep us updated on this construction for league 3.12. Thank you very much.
Amazing job on the gear progression, I was considering league starting with this but now im convinced. Easy to follow and everything is explained. Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info