[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
This is a great build and well written guide! I combed through it several times to make sure I understood what you were doing. I don't usually do other people's builds but my builds this league weren't working out and I want that portal :P.

So, I dropped the belt for this.

And, I also dropped Holy Dominion and replaced it with Mystic Bulwark. I'm getting 75% chance to block attacks and spells even outside of combat. Is there any reason not to do this? It seems like a better option but I wanted to run it by you and see if I'm missing something.

Thanks again for the great build guide!

I'm glad you find the guide readable ^^ I know there are a lot of mechanics at play here, so I tried my best to explain them. If there's something you don't understand, feel free to ask on the thread of PM de directly (I'm not going to be online much in PoE itself until Heist).

It's ultimately up to you, but remember you can get as much raw stats (mana, ES, armour, resists...) with a Darkness Enthroned, with the added benefit of being able to get "uncommon" stats like minion move speed (30% minion movespeed with 10% rolls on both jewels, which is massive).

As for Mystic Bulwark, I already have it in the skill tree :) And if you meant Arcane Guarding, it's 5 skill points away, while Holy Dominion is only 3 skill points away (on top of having a mana node among the small nodes leading to it), and grants resistances (which helps tremendously).
"
Divinehammer wrote:
Might do this as a league starter in Heist. It looks pretty interesting.

If you league start with this, I'm planning to write a section (that I should have written a long time ago to be honest) that breaks down the gear and gem progression as you start getting currency, the goal being able to give a reference to address issues like "What do I do before I can get two Circle rings + calaysts", or "How do we apply bleeding before getting Vulnerability on hit? / What gem do we use instead of Bloodlust before we get it?", etc. :)
Im thinking of starting heist with this aswell, Would love to read that section. Thanks for the detailed guide.
"
Vatinas wrote:

If you league start with this, I'm planning to write a section (that I should have written a long time ago to be honest) that breaks down the gear and gem progression as you start getting currency, the goal being able to give a reference to address issues like "What do I do before I can get two Circle rings + calaysts", or "How do we apply bleeding before getting Vulnerability on hit? / What gem do we use instead of Bloodlust before we get it?", etc. :)

Awesome! Want to start heist with this build and Im test running it now atm. Leveling is nice, a lot of defenses = hard to die. You can include also something about 'how and when to smooth transit to CI' for newer players. And thank you for hard work on this guide.
Loving the change up from the start of the league. Just came back and swapped up some gear/gems etc :) Great job!
Cool new alternate effect on HoP ,maybe?

Last edited by Damspy1 on Sep 5, 2020, 4:24:53 PM
Hi!
This build looks great!! Actually I'm reading the leveling guide and I don't see where the cyclone gem comes in since it can be gotten in act 3, shouldn't you indicate when do the transition? I'm Missing something?
Yea, I guess I missed that you had that noteable already. At any rate, I don't seem to need Holy Dominion. I've tried to get as much ES with Darkness Enthroned but even with the best jewels I can get, I don't get as much ES as I do with my crystal belt. Maybe I just need to upgrade my uniques to better rolls.

Oh, and a note on leveling, I just used a Poet's Pen combined with Spellslinger to get to the level required to put on my gear. It seeemed to work just fine and go pretty fast.
Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Sep 7, 2020, 2:32:00 AM
Thank you for creating such a detailed guide. I'll be using this as my league starter.
Simply love this build. I have progressed further in the game than I have on any other toon. thank you so much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info