[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

Hello. I'm playing HoPurity for the first time, and while I'm really thankful for the detailed and well-explained guide, there's a mistake that gave me the wrong expectations and only found it after I'd bought most of the gear for ~15ex.

In the pros/cons section, it is stated that HoP minions resummon themselves, which (after a LOT of testing, and then asking on the subreddit) turns out to be false. Purity Sentinels are really strong, but even with cyclone's high ApS they're still a pain to summon on bosses that don't have mobs with them.

I hope this mistake gets fixed. Thanks again for the great guide.
"
Hello. I'm playing HoPurity for the first time, and while I'm really thankful for the detailed and well-explained guide, there's a mistake that gave me the wrong expectations and only found it after I'd bought most of the gear for ~15ex.

In the pros/cons section, it is stated that HoP minions resummon themselves, which (after a LOT of testing, and then asking on the subreddit) turns out to be false. Purity Sentinels are really strong, but even with cyclone's high ApS they're still a pain to summon on bosses that don't have mobs with them.

I'm sorry you had this experience, but I disagree; even versus Sirus, I almost always have 4 sentinels active. And by "summon themselves", I meant that you don't need to manually summon them, they are automatically summoned when you cyclone. I agree that it wasn't very clear, I'll find a better way to word it.
"
Vatinas wrote:
"

I'm sorry you had this experience, but I disagree; even versus Sirus, I almost always have 4 sentinels active. And by "summon themselves", I meant that you don't need to manually summon them, they are automatically summoned when you cyclone. I agree that it wasn't very clear, I'll find a better way to word it.

Also might be worth noting that "The Writhing Jar's" worms spawn HoP's when killed...
Quick question, any reason to use Molten Shell instead of Vaal Molten Shell?

Am i missing something ??

Thanks again, really nice build!!
"
MRHolytear24 wrote:
Quick question, any reason to use Molten Shell instead of Vaal Molten Shell?

Am i missing something ??

Thanks again, really nice build!!

Yes, there is! :)

First, note that vaal souls are divided between all vaal skills you have, which means that the more different vaal skills you have, the longer it will be to get their first use, especially during bosses. This is why I like having only one vaal skill - it charges way more quickly.

Vaal Cyclone is useless for the build, so it's out of the question. Vaal Molten Shell used to be amazing - I used it last league, and loved it. The main reason being that it received 80% of the damage you took, instead of 75% for the regular Molten Shell. But it was nerfed in 3.11, and is now down to 35%. It's just not good enough to use, in my opinion.

So I turned to Vaal Discipline, which is less effective for defense versus hits, but much more effective for defense against DoT, and so far it's working great for me. :)
"
Baugoti wrote:
"
Vatinas wrote:
"

Also might be worth noting that "The Writhing Jar's" worms spawn HoP's when killed...

Thanks for the reply, and I agree there was a bit of an exaggeration on my part. Once I got a bit of attack speed I could summon sentinels more reliably, I'm still working my way up to level 60 so I could equip the worm jars.

What do you think of sacrificing Heart and Soul to slot in a Megalomaniac I grabbed (cult-leader, clarity of purpose, enduring ward) into the northwest external socket?
Hi Vatinas,

Thanks for the build.

What do you think of this 6 point shift?

https://pastebin.com/EY4eJKxt

Armour down 10% (about 100 ES less on block)
Minion Damage up 7.5%
Energy Shield up 5%

"
Thanks for the reply, and I agree there was a bit of an exaggeration on my part. Once I got a bit of attack speed I could summon sentinels more reliably, I'm still working my way up to level 60 so I could equip the worm jars.

What do you think of sacrificing Heart and Soul to slot in a Megalomaniac I grabbed (cult-leader, clarity of purpose, enduring ward) into the northwest external socket?

I mentioned in the guide that the build took a bit of leveling and itemisation to take off, so it's normal that sentinels are a bit more rare in early levels. That's why I recommended using Dominating Blow in the guide until you have enough items. :) But I'm glad it's starting to feel better for you.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the Megalomaniac idea, but it's really subjective; if you got a Megalo you like and want to use it, go for it! ;) The three notables sound great for the build!

"
Zjoucura wrote:
Hi Vatinas,

Thanks for the build.

What do you think of this 6 point shift?

https://pastebin.com/EY4eJKxt

Armour down 10% (about 100 ES less on block)
Minion Damage up 7.5%
Energy Shield up 5%

Hi!

Thank you for helping me experiment with the build. :)

However, I still think I'm going to stick with my skill tree; in general, as I said in the guide, armour is much more relevant to our survival than raw ES; in this case, we lose 100 ES on block, which is huge (for comparison, the Surrender grants 250 and a lvl 20 bone offering grants 450, and those are often the only source of EHP on block).

I meant for the build to be as tanky as possible, while still having enough damage to do end game content, and I think we've achieved that. I don't think sacrificing 10% of our armour for 7.5% dps is worth it at this point. But once again, that's just how I feel; builds are made to be changed and tailored to everyone's preferences, so if you want to change it, go ahead! :)

<Removed>
Last edited by RazorGnome on Jul 8, 2020, 10:13:14 PM
Hey guys, i really enjoy this build, but how do you handle manna reservation? I am always at minus 5% (-5%) on PoB until i pick extra "reduced manna reserved" below CI node, but in original build you don't have to do that.

account name : kuskin
character name : Exile_of_Greed
PoB : https://pastebin.com/1D2uvnN7

what i am doing wrong?
Last edited by kuskin on Jul 8, 2020, 12:31:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info