[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
ShinyValkyrie wrote:
I am currently transitioning my build to this one, which is a vast improvement and the build feels tanky. Just a few questions:

Why use MOM when we reserved almost all of our mana?

Why use health flasks when we reserved almost all of our health?

Is there any tips & tricks to kill the wiggly worms before my overly helpful agony crawler, baby spiders or enemies kill them? Especially in the heat of battle.
We don't use MoM, when you equip the Kilova jewel, it changes MoM into Glancing Blows. Very important for this build.

Personally, I don't use any life flasks

In battle, you can deathmark on someone so your HoAG is busy then you can kill your worms easier
"
Does this build still viable in 3.10? i really wanna try it out.
Yes, still viable. I'm doing A8 content with it.
"
"
ShinyValkyrie wrote:
I am currently transitioning my build to this one, which is a vast improvement and the build feels tanky. Just a few questions:

Is there any tips & tricks to kill the wiggly worms before my overly helpful agony crawler, baby spiders or enemies kill them? Especially in the heat of battle.
We don't use MoM, when you equip the Kilova jewel, it changes MoM into Glancing Blows. Very important for this build.

In battle, you can deathmark on someone so your HoAG is busy then you can kill your worms easier
"

Err, can u check my item and skill tree in my profile. i cant even beat baran 6 :( the damage too low. but it does super tanky tho.
A casual PoE guy with some virtual achievement:
- Have a character LEVEL 1 0 0 in: Ranger, Marauder, Shadow, Witch, Templar, Scion and Duelist.
- Rank 1 Juggernault in Atlas Invasion Event
- Rank 5 Juggernault in Delirium Every Where Event
- Rank 4 Chieftain in Endless Heist SSF
"
"
ShinyValkyrie wrote:

"

Ahh that makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Btw, is there any benefits to use Purity over Agony?

Also, I frequently die to dots, aside from the pantheon is there any other temp/quick solutions for dots?

EDIT:
I noticed that Sorrow of the Divine flask has the "Life Recovery from Flasks also applies to Energy Shield during Flask Effect". So thats WHY we use life flasks! TIL!
Last edited by ShinyValkyrie on Mar 23, 2020, 2:22:48 AM
Currently level 90 with it, and loving it! waiting to see if i switch to herald of purity once you update the build to 3.10
So I want to give a shoutout to this build. I experimented with it in Standard, and then built it in Metamorph for relatively low cost early on, and it easily carried me through the entire league with no problems at all. I never once had to change or upgrade gear and I was easily facetanking every Guardian, Conqueror, and endgame boss including both Sirus 8 and Uber Elder many times. The only downside, which is minor, was sometimes having to bring an extra Worm flask because I tend to run out or waste charges on boss fights, and lots of them had no adds to get Spiders from.

Anyway, I had hoped to play it in 3.10 but that got crushed badly, so I'm clinging to hope that maybe it'll come back, but for now it seems like it's dead in the water without major reworks.
"
ShinyValkyrie wrote:

Also, I frequently die to dots, aside from the pantheon is there any other temp/quick solutions for dots?

There's a Pantheon you can unlock that makes you Poison immune, and you should have one of your jewels with a "Corrupting Blood cannot be inflicted on you" implicit corruption so you don't die to bleed stacks. You should probably have a dousing flask, but ignite isn't a huge deal. Other than that, try not to spend too much time standing on degen ground.
Just wanted to come back here and say, I've hit 95 on this guy in 2 days, deathless A8 Sirus, beams to the face 0 fucks given. My gear isn't even that great as I'm unsure of the best cluster jewel setup (voices shenanigans would be really GG for this if you can give up other nodes), no Soul of Steel anoint, can get more ES/Armor on pieces, no helm enchant, no watchers. Build clears Delirum T16s A8 no problem but not the fastest, Simulacrum lvl 20 was a literal joke.
Hi guys, quick question i don't understand. First, i love this build, blablalba, it's fucking great...

But... i have the sorrow of the divine flask, and a life flask to go with it, but it doesn't seam like when i use the sorrow, and after use a life flask it does anything, am i doing something wrong ? shouldn't it regen my energy shield?

To be more precise, when i use the life flask it doesn't lose charge

Here the POB of my character, could you take a look guys and tell me how i could improve? i have a 2ex budget at the moment :) https://pastebin.com/c5h0Djhd

Thanks!

Zarkis
Last edited by Cidgeno on Mar 24, 2020, 2:37:14 AM
Hi! What do you think about using animate guardian(with kingmaker) + raise spectre + minion life support to generate more damage to spiders and hop? We can remove fortify + culling strike from cyclone this way to have room for the gems.
Edit: We can remove enlighten too if we add some quality to circle of guilt
Last edited by gergmt on Mar 25, 2020, 8:08:37 AM
Hi everyone!

After days of farming, I was able to get the currency to get the build going, so you an expect a full 3.10 update in the coming days. In the meantime, I experimented with the cluster jewels, and here is what I ended up liking the most:

I like invigorating portents because minion movement speed is what determines out clear speed, which is very important this league (on top of being a huge quality of life). If you're fine with giving up on a bit of clear speed and want moar damage, you can go for Disciples instead to slow down your loss of Agony (if you're playing HoA, this node is basically useless for HoP since we already have a very high physical damage reduction).

As for Will Shaper, as I said in my 3.10 note, it completely makes up for the guardian nerf, so it's clearly best in slot (even though something like Prismatic Carapace or Second Skin would have been nice too).

I also wrote about Renewal, which grants our minions 10% chance to deal double damage while on full life, but now that the jewels are out, I don't think it's a good option, mainly because if you want to get Renewal, you need to get a *large* cluster jewel, and none of the other regular minion nodes are that good for our build, so you would need to invest a lot of skill points to grab renewal and a medium jewel socket behind that. Really not worth it in my opinion.

Concerning the HoP versus HoA question, I still think it's up to your personal preference; for instance, a pro of HoP is that the sentinels all hit at their maximum power whether you're cycloning or not, while the crawler only hits at its maximum power if you're constantly at 40 (or 45) virulence, and a pro of HoA is that it helps clear in a larger AoE than HoP. Personally, I prefer HoP, but it's completely up to you. (Also, playing HoP allows you to let go of Resolute Technique, meaning two more skill points!)

I now want to answer a specific question:

"
gergmt wrote:
Hi! What do you think about using animate guardian(with kingmaker) + raise spectre + minion life support to generate more damage to spiders and hop? We can remove fortify + culling strike from cyclone this way to have room for the gems.
Edit: We can remove enlighten too if we add some quality to circle of guilt

I don't think it's a good idea, for a few reasons. First, even with minion life, the guardian and the spectres would definitely die, since we do not invest enough in minion life/life regen/resistances. Then, remember that fortify means 20% *less* damage taken from hits, which mitigates the damage we take from blocked hits, so it plays a huge part in our defensive layers, and Culling Strike basically means 10% more global damage, so I really don't think giving up on either of those is a good option. However, I did not think about using catalysts to improve the quality of the Circle of Guilt to let go of Enlighten, and that does free one socket in the build. I will try out a few gems to see which one is the best to add. Thanks for the idea! :)

Finally (because this wall of text is long enough already, congrats if you read up to this point), I want to say that this build is very, very far from dead. Yes, we did lose some ES because of the Shaper's Touch nerf, but we're still incredibly tanky, and I might be wrong, but I really feel like the damage output is higher than the previous league, probably because of the new cluster jewels.

Anyway, I hope you all keep having fun, and thank you to everyone who answers questions in my place when I do not see them in time, you're the best! <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info