[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

Hi, this might be stupid question, but why we need capped resistances if we use bismuth, topaz, ruby and taste of hate flasks which will be up all the time?
"
Smilodon999 wrote:
"
I have survivability issue and die a a lot.
Could someone check my build please :(
The league that I use stacking ward version seem strongest

You only have 86% phys taken as x, which is this builds only source of phys mitigation. To get it to 100%, you'll need to divine your watcher's eye to max phys taken as rolls, rank up the eldritch implicit on your helmet, and craft the 8% phys taken as fire on your helm as well. That'll cap it out so you don't take any non-dot phys damage. That seems to be the only issue tbh.

Just took another look, and you don't have capped chaos res either. That means that the 25% of phys taken as chaos from darkscorn is barely being mitigated, which hurts as well.
"
I have survivability issue and die a a lot.
Could someone check my build please :(
The league that I use stacking ward version seem strongest

As others said your chaos resist is only 20% so you are taking a lot of phys damage sometimes. You are also missing 3% max res. Also you should rly use the craft on flask for reduced mana cost.

"
eihou wrote:
Hi, this might be stupid question, but why we need capped resistances if we use bismuth, topaz, ruby and taste of hate flasks which will be up all the time?

That is also source of resistances like any other so same rules apply, so make sure your uptime on them is 100% and they are actually giving you enough res to be capped.

Also we dont use bismuth and 3 ele flasks, we use bismuth on starter setup and then move to tri ele flasks later.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Mar 3, 2022, 11:24:09 AM
I've hit a wall with poisonous concoction. I'm dying more than I'd like, have difficulty with pinnacle bosses, and my clear speed is just so-so. I could dump a lot more currency into my current build, but I feel like the ceiling is higher with something else. I've also played scourge arrow in the past and loved it, so this feels like a great build to transition into.

I have (conservatively) 40ex to work with, plus the gear on my character:

My questions are if any of this is usable in the transition, and given what I have and the amount of currency I have to work with, would swapping to scourge arrow now be wise for me? Or should I farm more as PC to be able to afford a satisfying transition to this build?

Here's my POB, too, if that helps at all: https://pastebin.com/75nNWxVu
"
jeasland wrote:
I've hit a wall with poisonous concoction. I'm dying more than I'd like, have difficulty with pinnacle bosses, and my clear speed is just so-so. I could dump a lot more currency into my current build, but I feel like the ceiling is higher with something else. I've also played scourge arrow in the past and loved it, so this feels like a great build to transition into.

I have (conservatively) 40ex to work with, plus the gear on my character:

My questions are if any of this is usable in the transition, and given what I have and the amount of currency I have to work with, would swapping to scourge arrow now be wise for me? Or should I farm more as PC to be able to afford a satisfying transition to this build?

Here's my POB, too, if that helps at all: https://pastebin.com/75nNWxVu

The currency and gear you have is more than enough for transition. You can also look for purity of ice circle of nostalgia so you will be able to keep your boots as well. You need helmet with SA enchant so you will need new one, also body with phys taken as cold, but your base is fine so you can just recraft it + new implicits on gloves and body ofc. Your belt looks good, your ring needs despair on hit so not great.

And idk if it would be wise to transition to SA from PC but at your budget probably yes, PC hits ceiling with investment.
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Mar 3, 2022, 2:37:48 PM
Did this build back when it got fortify from the hybrid flask and back doing it again and enjoying it quite well so far.

Couple of things I would be curious of your opinion about though since I dont want to brick the lategame build out of ignorance.

How important is rain of splinters and the extra totem anoint? I was thinking of anointing the +2 max all res node to save on gear crafting and then using two of the jewel slots to get quartz infusion to essentially solve phasing and spell suppression gearing problems.

And I was curious how effective you think the - cold damage from hits implicit is. We get so much damage reduction that -80 from hits seems pretty sizeable but I dont know how to effectively calculate its value.

At any rate, really enjoying the build again and the pretty nuts tankiness I already have at level 83.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Did this build back when it got fortify from the hybrid flask and back doing it again and enjoying it quite well so far.

Couple of things I would be curious of your opinion about though since I dont want to brick the lategame build out of ignorance.

How important is rain of splinters and the extra totem anoint? I was thinking of anointing the +2 max all res node to save on gear crafting and then using two of the jewel slots to get quartz infusion to essentially solve phasing and spell suppression gearing problems.

And I was curious how effective you think the - cold damage from hits implicit is. We get so much damage reduction that -80 from hits seems pretty sizeable but I dont know how to effectively calculate its value.

At any rate, really enjoying the build again and the pretty nuts tankiness I already have at level 83.

Panopticon is way too much damage. Its better to just run second Megalo with +2 max cold res (that is what I am doing rn).

Rain of Splinters is important so your ballistas properly shotgun even from distance (as with +3 total projectiles you get nice clustering effect around target). Without it you would have to place SA totems close to bosses what is very annoying for multiple reasons.

Also I dont rly like quartz infusion because neither phasing or getting suppression is really an issue, we have like most of our suffixes free. And for phasing you can even just run divergent dash waht gives you like 5s phasing with enhance.

-80 cold damage taken from hits is probs very good with all the mitigation we have.
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:

Panopticon is way too much damage. Its better to just run second Megalo with +2 max cold res (that is what I am doing rn).

Rain of Splinters is important so your ballistas properly shotgun even from distance (as with +3 total projectiles you get nice clustering effect around target). Without it you would have to place SA totems close to bosses what is very annoying for multiple reasons.

Also I dont rly like quartz infusion because neither phasing or getting suppression is really an issue, we have like most of our suffixes free. And for phasing you can even just run divergent dash waht gives you like 5s phasing with enhance.

-80 cold damage taken from hits is probs very good with all the mitigation we have.

All makes sense. Thanks for the input.
I saw Natures reprisal forbidden flame is down to 1 ex, might be a cool cheap dps increase, my pob showed 26% more poison damage.

Then again occupying force might be better, for faster wither stacking right.

Too bad jewel slots are so scarce.
Thank you so much for the help in transitioning from poisonous concoction to scourge arrow!

The step-by-step guide you wrote for the relatively deterministic chest crafting was very helpful. Is there a similar process for the helm craft? Or what's your recommended process to get what we're looking for on helm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info