[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
PathOfZwiebel wrote:
Is this playable as a pure ballita build? For example, replacing mirage archer with the ballista totem support, taking the watchtower passive on tree etc.?

No reason to play it as pure ballsta build, focused ballista is broken.

"
viTRi0 wrote:
whats defence this build have? i see 10k evasion only?

Petrified Blood, Divine flesh.

But I am working on new defenses for next league.

Small preview. Yes its 80% life from tree. But look:

This can tank basically anything that exists in the game rn including maven memory game.

But it requires the new Melding of Flesh jewel.

Also thanks to the new defenses im considering going back to double cluster setup to fix damage as life from tree isnt super important with all the mitigation

the earlier pob you posted is throwing me errors, thank you for all the work you do to make this great skill playable everly league!
"
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
PathOfZwiebel wrote:
Is this playable as a pure ballita build? For example, replacing mirage archer with the ballista totem support, taking the watchtower passive on tree etc.?

No reason to play it as pure ballsta build, focused ballista is broken.

"
viTRi0 wrote:
whats defence this build have? i see 10k evasion only?

Petrified Blood, Divine flesh.

But I am working on new defenses for next league.

Small preview. Yes its 80% life from tree. But look:

This can tank basically anything that exists in the game rn including maven memory game.

But it requires the new Melding of Flesh jewel.

Also thanks to the new defenses im considering going back to double cluster setup to fix damage as life from tree isnt super important with all the mitigation

the earlier pob you posted is throwing me errors, thank you for all the work you do to make this great skill playable everly league!

Oh im on dev version of PoB with new tree so you need to wait for PoB update.

And well im trying my best even though its frustrating sometimes :d
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Not sure if this has been presented before, but as an alternate setup or just something to think about, have you thought of the Master Surgeon setup people were using in Ziz's Gauntlet?

Ideally you'd do this with the new ascendency gem, but the idea is you can put +7 charges on hit on your flasks (this includes the ward one) and every hit or 2 your flasks will auto fill and trigger, healing you for 24-30% of your life. this allows you to have much higher ward up time, and allows you to tank pretty much anything that wouldn't one shot you.

It requires very little changes to the current setup, but you can lean into the mechanic more if you want.
"
Tkalius wrote:
Not sure if this has been presented before, but as an alternate setup or just something to think about, have you thought of the Master Surgeon setup people were using in Ziz's Gauntlet?

Ideally you'd do this with the new ascendency gem, but the idea is you can put +7 charges on hit on your flasks (this includes the ward one) and every hit or 2 your flasks will auto fill and trigger, healing you for 24-30% of your life. this allows you to have much higher ward up time, and allows you to tank pretty much anything that wouldn't one shot you.

It requires very little changes to the current setup, but you can lean into the mechanic more if you want.

Hmm that is certainly very interesting, but what do you drop for it? And also i dont think master surgeon heals over petrified blood, sadly. Even though dropping petrified blood is certainly an option.

And well, the changes would be that I would need to change prefixes what drops res etc.
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Tkalius wrote:

Hmm that is certainly very interesting, but what do you drop for it? And also i dont think master surgeon heals over petrified blood, sadly. Even though dropping petrified blood is certainly an option.

And well, the changes would be that I would need to change prefixes what drops res etc.

You would have to switch up your flasks/auras slightly, and there would be slight tweaks to the tree, but it's definitely doable.

Even slotting in Purity of Elements might be an option, 15% difference from petrified, but i'm fairly sure you can tweak that to fit.

I haven't theory crafted it very much, and i'm sure if you wanted to lean more heavily into the mechanic you'd probably make more drastic changes, but I thought it would be interesting to put the idea out there and see if you found any value in the interaction.
I'd also be real interested in seeing what a build that leans heavily into that charge generation/autofill/use when charges reach full mechanic looks like. It looks really fun, and I'm hoping to league start as SA (or maybe PConc and swap to SA later) this time, can't wait!
Last edited by AlviSVPP on Feb 2, 2022, 6:24:34 AM
"
Tkalius wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Tkalius wrote:

You would have to switch up your flasks/auras slightly, and there would be slight tweaks to the tree, but it's definitely doable.

Even slotting in Purity of Elements might be an option, 15% difference from petrified, but i'm fairly sure you can tweak that to fit.

I haven't theory crafted it very much, and i'm sure if you wanted to lean more heavily into the mechanic you'd probably make more drastic changes, but I thought it would be interesting to put the idea out there and see if you found any value in the interaction.

Well the issue with that is that I would have to drop nature's boon what is massive downside. Because then I would actually need to get hit on bosses to sustain my flasks.

If I could have both nature's boon and master surgeon it would be possible but I dont think its worth it. And it would require massive changes if I wanted to do that (as I wouldnt be able to rely on resists from flasks anymore etc what also means less damage).

But I will try to pob it and see what happens anyway.

EDIT:

Nah its not worth, I would lose like all mitigation from this.

I think if you want to do this better option is to just do `On savage hit` on either Forbidden Taste or that endurance charge generation flask.
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Feb 2, 2022, 6:53:32 AM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Well the issue with that is that I would have to drop nature's boon what is massive downside. Because then I would actually need to get hit on bosses to sustain my flasks.

If I could have both nature's boon and master surgeon it would be possible but I dont think its worth it. And it would require massive changes if I wanted to do that (as I wouldnt be able to rely on resists from flasks anymore etc what also means less damage).

But I will try to pob it and see what happens anyway.

EDIT:

Nah its not worth, I would lose like all mitigation from this.

I think if you want to do this better option is to just do `On savage hit` on either Forbidden Taste or that endurance charge generation flask.

I stated this earlier, but you'd need to use the new ascendency gem.

I plan to try your build this league, so i might try exploring this a bit more later on when I have tons of exalts to blow, and I'll get back to you on it. It might require more of an overhaul than I initially thought.
Hi, it seems like you change a bit for the upcoming season.
Normally I build my Scourge Arrow build on my own. But since I play more casual, and they changed the def by a lot in the latest patches, I thought about looking into some guides.

1: Do you still play with ward / health like you do in your current pastebin in the upcoming season?
I always played evasion / dodge, but that is no longer possible :D

2: I never used Mirrow Archer in the main Setup because of dmg loss.
I always had a 4 Setup with Caustic Arrow / Mirrow Archer, withering touch...
But I guess I could use this setup for better gems, like the Totem setup to wither. Seems a lot stronger.

3: Mirrow Archer Question again: It always felt like the archer is very slow in loading the Scourge Arrow. + he aims not perfect to get good results.
That is why I thought more poison dmg or more attack speed to charge up faster, especially for bosses, may be better.

Great guide <3

"
LilaSchleier wrote:
Hi, it seems like you change a bit for the upcoming season.
Normally I build my Scourge Arrow build on my own. But since I play more casual, and they changed the def by a lot in the latest patches, I thought about looking into some guides.

1: Do you still play with ward / health like you do in your current pastebin in the upcoming season?
I always played evasion / dodge, but that is no longer possible :D

2: I never used Mirrow Archer in the main Setup because of dmg loss.
I always had a 4 Setup with Caustic Arrow / Mirrow Archer, withering touch...
But I guess I could use this setup for better gems, like the Totem setup to wither. Seems a lot stronger.

3: Mirrow Archer Question again: It always felt like the archer is very slow in loading the Scourge Arrow. + he aims not perfect to get good results.
That is why I thought more poison dmg or more attack speed to charge up faster, especially for bosses, may be better.

Great guide <3

1. Beause of the defense nerfs/changes the Ward version is pretty much glass cannon because it eats all your defensive options. So im going to switch just to eva + max res and phys taken as stacking

2. Focussed Ballistas are pretty broken so yea ideally you just want to do that. I like MA in main link for clearing and because of the general support gem nerfs few leagues ago its not even that bad DPS support anymore really

3. Using different support is also an option but I like the convenience of MA. You could also try faster attacks if you want for pure qol (ballistas are doing most of the heavy lifting on bosses anyway nowadays)
My builds:
My site:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info