[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
Thanks all for your replies- I'm a bit concerned, wouldn't I be losing a lot of damage if I switch to another circle of nostalgia? (I'm guessing running malevolence is so much better than running 63% extra chaos damage? :-/ )

Not sure where to go from here because the changes I had to make to accomodate malevolence, they all seem to remove damage either from tree or items ?

Thanks!

Malevolence + malevolence watchers is so much damage yes. And ideally you drop hoag buff effect or chaos res and get it elsewhere for the hoag rmr mod and keep inc chaos damage. Middle ground is keeping hoag buff effect at least like I do on my onslaught circle of nostalgia.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Hmmm... makes sense... I just dropped an ex on the new ring tho hehe.

I just killed sirus A9, but honestly it seemed pretty much the same as with the arctic armour set up. I didn't think he died that much faster.

Clearing is faster, though.

Is there anything else you guys would recommend item or passive tree wise?

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the help.

EDIT: got this one with +dmg just now as well, I'll try both... see if dying more is worth the extra dmg? :)
Last edited by LBC_Immortality on Sep 25, 2021, 2:26:38 PM
"
Hmmm... makes sense... I just dropped an ex on the new ring tho hehe.

I just killed sirus A9, but honestly it seemed pretty much the same as with the arctic armour set up. I didn't think he died that much faster.

Clearing is faster, though.

Is there anything else you guys would recommend item or passive tree wise?

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the help.

EDIT: got this one with +dmg just now as well, I'll try both... see if dying more is worth the extra dmg? :)

To be a bit tankier you can get a Forbidden Taste Flask with activation on Savage Hit to replace your dodge flask. What this means is every time you take a big hit, you instantly heal to full, but then take 25% of max life as chaos damage for 3 seconds or something. This Damage over Time will be massively reduced since you have 83% chaos res and as pathfinder we generate soooo many life flask charges that if we survive any hit or dmg for over 1 second we can usually life flask back this made me a lot tankier, and is still a quartz flask.

Damage-wise outside 10+ ex investments I think you look great!
Thanks, guys!

Well I totally die much more with the dmg ring... as was expected.

I thought I'd try veritania "as is" without any chill/freeze protection, and to my surprise the poor lady didn't hast 2 seconds, so I guess this set up works, lol.

I'm getting headshotted left and right tho, so I'll hopefully be able to upgrade some things to your recommendations.

Thanks!
Last edited by LBC_Immortality on Sep 26, 2021, 12:25:44 PM
"
Thanks, guys!

Well I totally die much more with the dmg ring... as was expected.

I thought I'd try veritania "as is" without any chill/freeze protection, and to my surprise the poor lady didn't hast 2 seconds, so I guess this set up works, lol.

I'm getting headshotted left and right tho, so I'll hopefully be able to upgrade some things to your recommendations.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: If you do all of the below you will do a decent amount less damage than what is in the current build.

I have messed around with a tanky build going
Flasks: Forbidden Taste(on savage hit), Life Flask, Quicksilver/Ward, Bismuth, Taste of Hate
Chaos Res: 89-90% - Divine Flesh(+5%), 3x Born of Chaos(+9%)
Phys to X Conversion: 70-75% Darkscorn(25%)+2xPurity of Elements Watcher's Eye(24%)-Taste of Hate(21-24%)
Extra Phys Conversion: Endurance Charges(Enduring Composure)+Immortal Call on left click
Debateable Layer: Hardened Scars Annoint instead of Whispers of Doom with an Eternal Life Flask with insta heal on Low Life. Replace despair ring with another Circle ring and get despair on hit on Nightgrip(2-3 ex). From what I could see on POB this decreases the damage by 3-7%.

The reason I lay it out like this is each layer is separate from the others, so you can pick and choose where you want to be with dmg vs defense. The largest dmg drop would probably be from giving up the ward flask then losing the watcher's eye/malevolence, but these shore up the weakest defense(Physical). I only could get one shot by a handful of abilities in the game even though I was under 3k hp. The obvious improvements would be get more hp+more phys to X conversion on helm and chest, but that would be stupidly pricey.

The idea behind Hardened Scars is there is enough defense you almost never get one shot, so then you have to survive to get back to full life, especially after petrified blood and Forbidden Taste degen helps you keep fortify up.

The extra max chaos res makes your ele res effectively 82.5-83% and the phys conversion makes phys much tougher to one shot you.

You have to give up malevolence and the malevolence watcher's eye + 2 extra jewels to make room for the extra born of chaos.

You also have to decide what you want to give up for the Taste of Hate + Forbidden Taste flask. I used quicksilver for clearing and ward flask for bossing.
Guys, hold me.

GGG just said "We're also planning to share many of our planned balance changes ahead of the announcement, including changes to ailments, defences, flasks and more."

These are the 3 things this build is based around!

Joking aside, defences and flasks will almost certainly be buffs or positive utility changes. The changes to ailments does concern me. As long as ward comes back I will feel overall that this build can withstand whatever gets tossed at it in a decent form.
I think the ailment changes just mean more of what they did with Arctic Armour. Just tossing immunities/reductions on random gems to help with the ailment mitigation, that's my take on it anyway, Chris only knows.
"
Guys, hold me.

GGG just said "We're also planning to share many of our planned balance changes ahead of the announcement, including changes to ailments, defences, flasks and more."

These are the 3 things this build is based around!

Joking aside, defences and flasks will almost certainly be buffs or positive utility changes. The changes to ailments does concern me. As long as ward comes back I will feel overall that this build can withstand whatever gets tossed at it in a decent form.

Dont worry, this will end up better for us. If you listended to all the podcasts Chris was on (I did ^^), the Ailment part is more about things to do against Ailments and getting away to some extend to having flask as a band aid for that, maybe we even see a generall adjustment to freeze since it was a debated topic that it is to hit or miss as a game element.

Defenses is more about stuff that Ziz tried to put a focus on. A lack of defensive layers to invest in for some classes and the overabundance of block/dodge. Here could be nerfs, but chris said the only nerf we should expect is fortify (in regard of stuff like movementskills+ fortify). I expect here to be basically nothing happening besides Hardening Scars be less attractive and be left alone, since dodge/eva is more then fine. We might see something for casters to invest into something new etc

Flaks will be even a buff. They said they might cool to create more tiers of flask mods to invest into, so while it will be more effort to "craft" flaks we might see some stronger effects returning. Also they want to seperate mods more on the lines of "is this flask reative or proactive"

So dont expect anything to bad.
Rolling a Alchemist Bismuth flask of resistance is SO HARD! Is using a million alterations the only way?

I had to give up and went with enkindling enchantment to give 45% increased effect. It's more res but obviously not being able to generate charges means not having 100% uptime on it. :(

I'm kinda noob, but I love this build! It's so fun to play even though I feel so squishy and find it so scary knowing I can get one-shot at any time lol.

Thanks for the guide!
Last edited by Heysatan on Sep 30, 2021, 6:48:39 PM
OUR TIME HAS COME!!! IF SCOURGE ARROW ISNT THE TOP META PICK IN SCOURGE LEAGUE WE ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info