[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

@ssampiseth: Yeah the flask mod is annoying, but only the highest tier with high awakening level is really "dodge" tier. random 20-30% reduced doesnt do much.
Dont think replica farruls is worth it. Getting a good circle ring with onslaught on hit for 4 sec isnt a problem when we can spend the money levels of replica farruls and while the endurance charges are nice, it really isnt worth it.

@Cutepanties:
a) You literally didnt take the important ascendancy node third and went with Natures Adrenaline instead of Natures Boon. In addition your flask setup is pretty poor, which obv results in bad performance on a build reliant on flask

b) Your balista setup is like...completly random to the point like it seems you havent even read the things you are using. You are supposed to use Shrapnel Balistas, not Scourge Arrow with Balista support which you deem to do nothing half the time because of Focus balista support?! (Dunno, do they shoot when u channel? Even if, it doesnt add anything of value). I mean this sounds harsh, but....like it looks like someone intentionally trying to not read the guide pob

c)You need Annomulous Artic Armor so ele prolif really does much.

d) You way want to stop using blood rage until u have a higher level and a bigger health pool. Even with proper flask sustain and pressing the flask every 2 sec you will often lose out on 10-15% of your upper life pool in a given situation for a very short moment and ofc it increases random one shots, especially sisnce you havent invested into either further defenseive concept (Divine or Strengh tree).

e) No Vaal grace

Overall you have some minor but very...interesting mistakes here and there, but your biggest problem should be the lack of investment into one of the proper defensive Legion Keystones availableand no vaal grace on top to clutch out situations. Asell ofc the lack of some of THE key ascendandcy node and a rather .....mediocre flask setup

Last edited by xardas149 on Aug 16, 2021, 2:45:33 AM
https://pastebin.com/ZmQVcccx
Another time, what should i upgrade next? :)
According to a Reddit comment the Chains of Emancipation + Rotblood still works by just turning off Temporal Chains. I think the ward build is still better, but could be a viable early cheap strat that was clever. You were how I first found out about the combo so wanted to let you know :)
Any tips for a beginner on how to craft the endgame helm? -chaos resistance, ward, % ward and life.

I tried looking at craft of exile, but it said I needed a billion fossils for a small chance. Any tips? I'm guessing I have to use a hunter orb on a runic helm, but what do I do from there?

Edit - same with boots actually, any tips on how to craft them?
Last edited by Superloveman on Aug 17, 2021, 5:59:58 AM
Well for the "BIS" helmet aka t1 flat ward, t1% ward, crafted life, - chaos res and ailment duration focus mod it becomes rather expensive.

1) You would have to spam dense fossils for t1 % and flat. You will often also hit the hybrid mod, so you need to luck out the annul.

2)With 2 ward prefixes you need 2 free suffixes aswell. So if you have 2 suffixes, you benchacraft a random prefix (so harvest doesnt add one) and reforge keep prefix until not more then 1 suffix.

3)With 1 suffix and both ward prefixes you have to benchacraft multimod+ prefix cannot be changed + random prefix and use reforge INCLUDING a chaos modifier for the 1 in 6 chance to hit - chaos res instead of chaos res. if you dont hit you have to return to the begining of 2) or 3) depending on the number of suffix.

4) You most likely get 4 mod on a rare, so when u "hit" you should have both ward prefix, the crafted filler prefix and - chaos res mod. Replace the filler craft with multimod and craft ailment duration focus and flat life

5) have fun divining

Since every reforge keep prefix is like 1 or 1 and a half ex and every chaos harvest reforge try is 3 ex benchcosts, this can get very pricy.

------------------

Cheaper, less "perfect" result:
Alt spam for -chaos res alone (maybe annul a prefix) and beast imprint. Augment for a good ward mod, restore if failed. Imprint -chaos+ ward again, regal for second ward mod. If you hit a bad tier you can try "reforge same mods more likely" before you restore to imprint trying to fix it.

Just spamming dense+ aberant fossils on a hunter base is okay for a first result (like 200-300 ward, a place to craft life and the - res mod aka my helmet atm xD), but since the chaosdamage to spells mod in prefixes will show up a decent amount of time and dense already often cluttering the prefices with the bad hybrid mod, this will basically never turn out better then that and kinda easy becomes a waste of money.

Without some proper use of harvest/beats this will turn out rather expesnive either way (you may burn throuh a decnet amounf of imprints). Note the beast variant is only cheaper if you are okay with average results. With basically half an ex per beast you would end up spending more if you try for above average results.

EDIT: Did the simulator. Spend overall 35 imprints for t1+t2 ward with the - chaos res mod + whatever alts it takes. With the multimod on top roughly 20 ex and I had better "luck" some trief before. So the first method should only be chosen for "perfect"
Repeated it sometimes, often land between 25-40 imprints
Last edited by xardas149 on Aug 17, 2021, 6:31:33 AM
"
According to a Reddit comment the Chains of Emancipation + Rotblood still works by just turning off Temporal Chains. I think the ward build is still better, but could be a viable early cheap strat that was clever. You were how I first found out about the combo so wanted to let you know :)

Yes, I knew about the toggle as well, I was using that before the flask actually and I really wouldnt recommend doing it, it feels rly rly bad.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
xardas149 wrote:
Well for the "BIS" helmet aka t1 flat ward, t1% ward, crafted life, - chaos res and ailment duration focus mod it becomes rather expensive.

1) You would have to spam dense fossils for t1 % and flat. You will often also hit the hybrid mod, so you need to luck out the annul.

2)With 2 ward prefixes you need 2 free suffixes aswell. So if you have 2 suffixes, you benchacraft a random prefix (so harvest doesnt add one) and reforge keep prefix until not more then 1 suffix.

3)With 1 suffix and both ward prefixes you have to benchacraft multimod+ prefix cannot be changed + random prefix and use reforge INCLUDING a chaos modifier for the 1 in 6 chance to hit - chaos res instead of chaos res. if you dont hit you have to return to the begining of 2) or 3) depending on the number of suffix.

4) You most likely get 4 mod on a rare, so when u "hit" you should have both ward prefix, the crafted filler prefix and - chaos res mod. Replace the filler craft with multimod and craft ailment duration focus and flat life

5) have fun divining

Since every reforge keep prefix is like 1 or 1 and a half ex and every chaos harvest reforge try is 3 ex benchcosts, this can get very pricy.

------------------

Cheaper, less "perfect" result:
Alt spam for -chaos res alone (maybe annul a prefix) and beast imprint. Augment for a good ward mod, restore if failed. Imprint -chaos+ ward again, regal for second ward mod. If you hit a bad tier you can try "reforge same mods more likely" before you restore to imprint trying to fix it.

Just spamming dense+ aberant fossils on a hunter base is okay for a first result (like 200-300 ward, a place to craft life and the - res mod aka my helmet atm xD), but since the chaosdamage to spells mod in prefixes will show up a decent amount of time and dense already often cluttering the prefices with the bad hybrid mod, this will basically never turn out better then that and kinda easy becomes a waste of money.

Without some proper use of harvest/beats this will turn out rather expesnive either way (you may burn throuh a decnet amounf of imprints). Note the beast variant is only cheaper if you are okay with average results. With basically half an ex per beast you would end up spending more if you try for above average results.

EDIT: Did the simulator. Spend overall 35 imprints for t1+t2 ward with the - chaos res mod + whatever alts it takes. With the multimod on top roughly 20 ex and I had better "luck" some trief before. So the first method should only be chosen for "perfect"
Repeated it sometimes, often land between 25-40 imprints

Oh man, sounds like a long term goal, for now I'm just going to sacrifice the -chaos resistance mod and go with a high ward enchanted runic helm without the hunter orb. Thank you for laying it out for me though!

Do you think the extra ward (with grasping mail 100% global defences) and nightscorn gloves is worth it over a lions pelt with -chaos resistance?
Last edited by Superloveman on Aug 17, 2021, 8:04:12 AM
"
Superloveman wrote:

Do you think the extra ward (with grasping mail 100% global defences) and nightscorn gloves is worth it over a lions pelt with -chaos resistance?

The extra damage from nightgrip + increased global defenses + runic crown (with no enchant or -chaos res) is better than just -chaos res lion pelt.
I expect ward to be nerfed to oblivion in next league.
Unlikely. Down the road maybe, when some new poison skill becomes really meta or somethng with huge damage effectiveness. 3.16 would just make no sense. It is still very niche (and outright bad outside of pathfinder if we are honest).

Also while it is good, it isnt even outstanding. We arent killing t16 bosses on a 1 link like vulconos bb 2 leagues ago and even that didnt get deleted. It isnt even the radar most likely with 0,1% of rhe meta and a community not very keen to see nerfs.

If you wanna go full reddit with a useless take, pls do it properly and go where it belongs---> reddit.

@superloveman: As I said, 20 ex will do a plenty of good job with beast imprinting and seeing you have easily that in worth on gloves and amu spend already, should not be the biggest issue :D

And yeah some big ward number on the helmet should be the best damage if you "scrap" things. It is the largest source of ward and gets scalled by the % ward on the flask aswell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info