(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Wallach wrote:
"
HELLERcz wrote:
Finally i have 7 exa Reflection .. :)
After work, i will check another high budget items and try to complete mechanism :) I cant wait .. :)

Awesome, glad to hear it. Most of the other pieces for the Reflection setup aren't too expensive relative to the shield, so it's mostly downhill from there unless you want something like a 2-mod Watcher's Eye or corrupted 6L Soul Mantle.

Ive already bought another part. But i dont understand, how Pain Attunement works.. I dont have low life.

Btw. Watchers eye remains. Iam looking for 15% cold pene.. 2 mod costs 40plus exa. Haha i dont have so much exa
"
HELLERcz wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
HELLERcz wrote:
Finally i have 7 exa Reflection .. :)
After work, i will check another high budget items and try to complete mechanism :) I cant wait .. :)

Awesome, glad to hear it. Most of the other pieces for the Reflection setup aren't too expensive relative to the shield, so it's mostly downhill from there unless you want something like a 2-mod Watcher's Eye or corrupted 6L Soul Mantle.

Ive already bought another part. But i dont understand, how Pain Attunement works.. I dont have low life.

Btw. Watchers eye remains. Iam looking for 15% cold pene.. 2 mod costs 40plus exa. Haha i dont have so much exa

You count as low life with Coward's Legacy belt.
Sorry, i am blind noob :D now its clear.
How is your guys damage against legion packs in high lvl maps? My single target on the packs isn't great (I am only level 80 though). Will it get better as I gain levels?

Current Gear
Spoiler

Edit: also I am having a hard time clearing the Alva encounters in red maps too. just not enough damage to clear in the time allowed
Last edited by Hellsmith on Jun 27, 2019, 6:13:38 PM
"
Hellsmith wrote:
How is your guys damage against legion packs in high lvl maps? My single target on the packs isn't great (I am only level 80 though). Will it get better as I gain levels?

Current Gear
Spoiler

Edit: also I am having a hard time clearing the Alva encounters in red maps too. just not enough damage to clear in the time allowed

You seem like you're on the right track, but you still have quite a lot of room to improve your DPS, which is probably why you feel it in the red tier maps at level 80.

Your weapon slots I think probably need the most attention right now. Getting a +1 maximum totems shield and a stronger weapon will provide some pretty noticeable DPS gains. Going from your current sceptre to a multi-mod one for example is about a 30% gain. You also still have some gem levels to get, which should give you another ~20% gain. A level 21/20 or 21/23 Freezing Pulse would be a good investment after the sceptre and shield are upgraded. After that I'd probably try to upgrade the amulet. Skill points will obviously continue to add DPS for you from here on out as well.
What do you think about Agnostic node from timeless jewels? Could be very strong with high mana pool and mana regen.
@Wallach

Ya I figured that was likely the case. It's a great build so far and I really appreciate the well written and thorough guide!

Thanks!
Last edited by Hellsmith on Jun 27, 2019, 8:35:04 PM
"
faraddox wrote:
What do you think about Agnostic node from timeless jewels? Could be very strong with high mana pool and mana regen.

I've thought about it, but the main issue is jewel placement. Especially if you're at the point where you have a Watcher's Eye slotted, we're pretty much out of room for good jewel socket placement.

If you're not using Watcher's Eye, you can pick up the jewel socket I'd normally recommend for it and then grab Agnostic where Avatar of Fire would be without having to worry about the rest of the tree being disrupted. Then it's just a matter of if you find it worth the 4 skill point investment and loss of all ES. Personally, I'm not sure I'd take that trade, but I don't think it's a terrible idea either.
Just wanted to know what do you think about it, cause I saw another mom hierophant build using it pretty good, he can absorb enormous amounts of damage with this new mechanic, only few things can kill it - oneshot or few big shots one by one. I'll try it later, just stopped lvling to farm currency for atziri's reflection, link soul mantle, craft some gear with my delver char. Trying to make nice mapper and your build is my hope now.
Last edited by faraddox on Jun 28, 2019, 12:27:56 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for the great guide, it was very well written and detailed. Just got to maps with this and am having a blast, i sold off my last characters gear so i have the really good items like atziris reflection and cowards legacy so it just feels great and there is still so much more to get on the tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info