[3.10] MRSEANCONNORS CRIT / ARC TOTEMS - Hierophant 4.5 MIL DPS / BEGINNER FRIENDLY [All Content]

"
I’m playing T16 just fine without void batteries. Just need to play smart. This isn’t a rush into a group build. As you run forward keep spamming totems and keep your distance from dangerous enemies. I had problems before soul mantle but after I got one, this build is doing the damage I was expecting.

How do you kill T16 metamorph bosses with double hp regen, double hp and double es, as examle? Its travel for a 20 minutes of dancing around boss before i kill them. Shit build, really. Or I don't know something fundamentally important about this build.
Last edited by aivinic on Dec 25, 2019, 3:26:57 PM
"
aivinic wrote:
"
I’m playing T16 just fine without void batteries. Just need to play smart. This isn’t a rush into a group build. As you run forward keep spamming totems and keep your distance from dangerous enemies. I had problems before soul mantle but after I got one, this build is doing the damage I was expecting.

How do you kill T16 metamorph bosses with double hp regen, double hp and double es, as examle? Its travel for a 20 minutes of dancing around boss before i kill them. Shit build, really. Or I don't know something fundamentally important about this build.

Honestly for those, I don’t choose the regen buffs for the mods. I’m also without void batteries so I’m missing out on a lot of power charge damage. The build isn’t perfect but it’s more of a play style than a build. Like I said this isn’t a charge in and destroy build, it’s about using the terrain to your advantage when against hard enemies. Normal game enemies are easy. Elder, guardians, new exiles are easy. New metamorphs can be hard if over buffed. So fair this league I’ve ran from about 2-5 cause they wouldn’t die (out of 500 maps) Which makes me wonder with the new patch, would other builds have the same issue? Is isn’t the best build ever, no. But it’s decent and I’ve played worst. For the most part without void batteries you can piece this thing together for about 6 ex assuming you don’t find any of the items yourself.
Hey man i reserved this build , and i'm doing actually right now. But tell me something , i see your profile and i note you change Arc Totem for Freezing Pulse Totem , do more damage ? we can follow the Guide to make freezing pulse too ? Merry Xmas and Happy New Year Man :D
thanks for the build
this is good
currently 89
i would ask if this is important to q20 arc gem because i see it is only for electrified chance update
thanks you
Last edited by DruideBison3105 on Dec 26, 2019, 8:45:30 AM
A few quick questions.

1) Any particular reason the leveling portion doesn't discuss using steelskin instead of immortal call in the CWDT link? It seems to me that, until we start getting endurance charges with our last set of ascendancy points, steelskin would be a better option.

2) Any particular reason Immortal Call is left at level 8 when CWDT is level 10 per the build? If the intent is to leave it at level 8, then perhaps it would be better to leave CWDT at level 6.

3) Concerning Arcane Surge, why level 13? Since we're using Conductivity to trigger it, we should base the level on the mana cost of a max level conductivity with its three supports, which is 109 mana. Level 12 of Arcane surge could be triggered by a single cast, while level 13 requires two casts. If the plan is to require two casts anyways, the best option would be the highest level that requires only two casts, which is level 16.

Other than that, I absolutely love the guide and really appreciate the work that went into it!

~Zath
Last edited by zathrath03 on Dec 26, 2019, 11:45:13 AM
"
aivinic wrote:
This build is not for the Metamorph league. Too low ST dps, low survivability. I have full gear setup (2 void batteries, 6L soul mantle, Inya's Epiphany etc) and had problems on red tier maps.
Will start new character with normal build. Dont recommend this.

I'm doing metamorph just fine with 2x Apep. Just play defensively? This build is just fine for metamorph.

Btw thank you MrSeanconnor for this arc totem build. I am enjoying it very much. I don't have the best gear apart for the mandatory uniques and I am level 90 doing highest tier maps. I have one Void battery ready, just waiting on getting the other.

Spoiler
Last edited by Modimus_Prime on Dec 27, 2019, 6:36:25 AM
Bit surprised by the level of negative feedback. I'm doing the build a bit different with less DPS (rare wand+shield instead of Void Batteries), and am doing perfectly fine against T16 bosses/fully juiced metamorphs/Conqueror fights at Awakening level 5. It's not some OP burn 'em down type build where everything melts, but it's more than adequate for the league content.

I would note that forgoing the Void Battery route, while costing a chunk of DPS, does have the advantage of a lot more survivability (both from the shield's stats + having points to spec into health instead of power charges) and allows you to take three really strong nodes by pathing to Arcane Swiftness.
"
Mahler16 wrote:
Bit surprised by the level of negative feedback. I'm doing the build a bit different with less DPS (rare wand+shield instead of Void Batteries), and am doing perfectly fine against T16 bosses/fully juiced metamorphs/Conqueror fights at Awakening level 5. It's not some OP burn 'em down type build where everything melts, but it's more than adequate for the league content.

I would note that forgoing the Void Battery route, while costing a chunk of DPS, does have the advantage of a lot more survivability (both from the shield's stats + having points to spec into health instead of power charges) and allows you to take three really strong nodes by pathing to Arcane Swiftness.

I think some people just want an easier game? It's not the build or the game, it's their playstyle :)

PS I'm loving it as per my post above yours.
"
zathrath03 wrote:
A few quick questions.

1) Any particular reason the leveling portion doesn't discuss using steelskin instead of immortal call in the CWDT link? It seems to me that, until we start getting endurance charges with our last set of ascendancy points, steelskin would be a better option.

2) Any particular reason Immortal Call is left at level 8 when CWDT is level 10 per the build? If the intent is to leave it at level 8, then perhaps it would be better to leave CWDT at level 6.

3) Concerning Arcane Surge, why level 13? Since we're using Conductivity to trigger it, we should base the level on the mana cost of a max level conductivity with its three supports, which is 109 mana. Level 12 of Arcane surge could be triggered by a single cast, while level 13 requires two casts. If the plan is to require two casts anyways, the best option would be the highest level that requires only two casts, which is level 16.

Other than that, I absolutely love the guide and really appreciate the work that went into it!

~Zath

indeed Zath
without apeps, lv 12 is the good lvl for 1 cast = 1 buff

for cwdt, it is maybe not the best but i use all gem to lv20
( immortal call- stone golem - incr duration )
i will maybee try steel skin as u say but for the moment i feel good with this config
Well, I'm just "rebuild" my character for freezing pulse - no changing gear but change gems and respec few points on tree. Now its playable. More then 2 times dps is increased, enemies are always chilled and slowed = survivalibity increased too. Red tier maps is no problem for me now.

P.S. LOL! Build author respec into FP variant! ^^

P.P.S. What I changed:
Soul Mantle GGGBBB: Hypothermia, Cold Penetration, Added Cold Damage, Freezing Pulse, Controlled Destruction, Power Charge on crit/ Increased Crit Damage
4L: Frostbite, Increased Duration, Arcane Surge, Increased Area.
Its core gems changes. And I'm using 4 jewel nodes, 2 of them is for First Snow. Self-Flagrllation and Clear Mind are on old position.
Last edited by aivinic on Dec 28, 2019, 4:03:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info