[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Hi,
thinking about rerolling with this build. How is the single target damage now with 3.11? Is it bad and this build is just for fast mapping or is it good at both? (bossing and fast)

Also why desecrate in the trigger wand (in pob)?
Last edited by dhuber666 on Jul 28, 2020, 9:24:41 AM
first time playing PoE, found this build and im stickin with it. Skipping brand recall and just going to recast it i guess.
Will give this a go as my 1st build
By the way, guide says do not enter dread thicket. is it bugged or something?
"
AfroCullen wrote:
By the way, guide says do not enter dread thicket. is it bugged or something?

no its just not needed for progression, seems like a waste of your precious time
I've been playing and enjoying this build during 3.11. Some things that have changed since this build was first posted:

- Brand Equity has been added to the tree as a notable passive. It gives you an extra brand slot and some other bonuses to your brands, and is very much worth picking up.

- Gain damage as extra chaos damage mods on weapons have been heavily nerfed. They are still decent mods to get on a weapon, but probably not worth meta-crafting around any more.

Some recommendations I have:

- I see a lot of people saying they are not using brand recall. It takes a while to get a feel for how to use it properly, but after you do you will wonder how you got along without it. Also, it lets you have 100% uptime on arcane surge, which is a really nice buff to your damage. I also recommend linking enhance/empower to your brand recall if you can afford it, as it greatly improves clear speed.

- I don't recommend using Kaom's Roots. Not having run speed on your boots slows down clear speed and mobility, even with whirling blades.

- I don't recommend lightning spire totem. I found it too cumbersome to use, and the damage is really small compared to storm brand.

- I specced out of acrobatics/phase acrobatics in favor of purity of flesh and arcane potency. This adds more life, damage and chaos resist at the cost of dodge.

All these things are personal preference, so feel free to mix and match for your play style.

Since this build uses a lot of rare items, Harvest crafting is very good for it.

Here's my current gear setup:
Life is short. Deal with it.
can we have a update for 3.12?
Currently looking for something to play around with once Heist comes up. Are there any plans to update this guide once the patch notes hit? Seems to be some stuff that's not up to date.

Brand Equity is one of them. Is this worth picking up? It's 5 points away from the current path. The PoB link doesn't seem up to date either, since Brand Equity doesn't even seem to exist on it :p

Brand Recall, yay or nay? Some seem to use it, some doesn't. If you don't use it, what else would you use? Self cast Wave of Conviction linked with Arcane Surge + ?.

Where there any changes to this build for 3.12?

Is it still a good league start and how tanky is it?
I've been using it in 3.12. Notes:

Runesmith needs an extra point to reach. Go to the right if you plan to use brand recall, otherwise go left.

I don't see a good reason to use Brand Equity. It's a bit too far out of the way, and the build has enough brands active already.

It's fine for league start; there's no required uniques or anything. It does feel a bit weak, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info