[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

"
Bastrd wrote:
"
Baddiwar wrote:

I looked at you PoB and I see that your Total DPS is 1/10th of the build maker. I'm lower level than you and got twice the total dps. You need alot more Gloabal multiplier of Crit and Crit Chance. Make sure to also invest in flask.

This build will cost you around 6ex+.

Original post maker has 130k per brand.

Also you need 6l for t12+.

I assume you mean the person I replied to? (paranoic00)
Because one of my brands does 110k ;) And the original poster has 200k per brand, the PoB doesn't have 'Brand attached' ticked.

You mean to say that you have 110k and disappointed in t16?

If so maybe I should just quit the build, cause im at t10 and was hoping it would get better with more jewels.
Last edited by Baddiwar on Dec 19, 2019, 7:54:43 AM
"
Baddiwar wrote:
"
Bastrd wrote:
"
Baddiwar wrote:

I looked at you PoB and I see that your Total DPS is 1/10th of the build maker. I'm lower level than you and got twice the total dps. You need alot more Gloabal multiplier of Crit and Crit Chance. Make sure to also invest in flask.

This build will cost you around 6ex+.

Original post maker has 130k per brand.

Also you need 6l for t12+.

I assume you mean the person I replied to? (paranoic00)
Because one of my brands does 110k ;) And the original poster has 200k per brand, the PoB doesn't have 'Brand attached' ticked.

You mean to say that you have 110k and disappointed in t16?

If so maybe I should just quit the build, cause im at t10 and was hoping it would get better with more jewels.

Yes, but I have literally 0 crit multi jewels. Also 1-2 gem levels on every gem missing, meaning that I should be able to easily get 200k+ per brand.

Another way is to go the elemental conversion-route, like this guy is doing:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/dingski/lolorp?i=2&search=class%3DInquisitor%26skill%3DStorm-Brand

(Correctly configured, his PoB DPS is 700k per Brand) But it's obivously very squishy, no more MoM and not much life. But maybe I'll find a middle ground.
His amulet tough.. Life, Leech, and 90% crit multi. Freakin' insane.

My PoB if you'd like to take look: https://pastebin.com/7Sbyhvn4
Last edited by Bastrd on Dec 19, 2019, 8:18:34 AM
How good does this build scale with life/Res gear? Has anyone done red maps?
I've just hit level 80. I have 4.5k hps and 1k mana.

I can see scope for maybe another 1-1.5k hps, but combined with the lack of armor, it still feels like the build is very squishy.

Has anyone ever taken this build to 100? Or on deep delves?
I've at level 90, running around t13-t14 with 4.9k health and 1.5k mana.

The build isn't too bad in general but it seems super prone to big one shots from bosses and metamorphs which is making it a bit of a struggle.

Getting an amulet with life leech on lightning helped a LOT with general day to day damage, and they aren't very expensive (I got one for a few C).
"
The build isn't too bad in general but it seems super prone to big one shots from bosses and metamorphs which is making it a bit of a struggle.

I agree with this.

The only build I ever managed to take to 100 had 13kES and plenty of armor.

I wonder why the op decided on life and not CI?
"
Caithster wrote:
"

I agree with this.

The only build I ever managed to take to 100 had 13kES and plenty of armor.

It's a league start, SSF-friendly guide.
"
"

Excellent, so it is not that ES is a bad choice in the long run. I might see if I can convert it to a more expensive less beginner friendly version. Since it runs past zealots, CI, and ES nodes already, it might be possible.

"
Caithster wrote:
"
"

Excellent, so it is not that ES is a bad choice in the long run. I might see if I can convert it to a more expensive less beginner friendly version. Since it runs past zealots, CI, and ES nodes already, it might be possible.

I can't recall who, but I saw someone with an ES variant where they grabbed the other 2 ascendencies and linked energy leech support. It's earlier pages of the thread from 3.8
Last edited by MalaikatMaut on Dec 20, 2019, 9:25:17 PM
"
MalaikatMaut wrote:

I can't recall who, but I saw someone with an ES variant where they grabbed the other 2 ascendencies and linked energy leech support. It's earlier pages of the thread from 3.8

Might have been me? But I ended up going EB MoM. I added a few auras and it feels a lot better, it's also easier to get more eHP. But I don't have Acrobatics anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddDobXVL37c

If anyone wants to see what it plays like on T15
Last edited by Bastrd on Dec 21, 2019, 6:18:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info