[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

One question, hope you can help me.

I am now in Act 2 - I know its the ultra-beginning, but my DMG is quite low... how is this going to change? Especially ST Damage is so low compared to other specs...

Hope you can help me and thanks in advance :)

I'd like some opinions on this because I feel there's some opportunity cost I'm not accounting for...

Is there a reason we don't take the power charge nodes? I've been tooling around with the tree and PoB and, even with trash gear (no 3ex Void Battery), my DPS is way higher specing in to charges. My profile is public, but I'm running PCoC in a 5L brand setup with Assassin's Mark being auto-applied by HoT for extra DPS and increased charge sustain. Don't know if I need both because I just started playing with it. My preference would be to just use the curse and pick up more DPS with controlled destruction. I don't have an Essence Worm yet, so I'm not MoM. I have 3k life and running maps isn't too horrible. Eventually I'll likely drop HoT and run the curse setup with wave of conviction or OOS or something else that can auto cast on a lvl 1 CwdT and apply efficiently.

"
Get_Real wrote:
One question, hope you can help me.

I am now in Act 2 - I know its the ultra-beginning, but my DMG is quite low... how is this going to change? Especially ST Damage is so low compared to other specs...

Hope you can help me and thanks in advance :)

A few things right off the top...you shouldn't be leveling Arcane Surge. When it comes up to level, right click the [+] to keep it at 1. Storm brand provides a lot of opportunity to mix in other spells/abilities for supplemental damage while leveling. Find something that works for you (Arc or Orb of Storms maybe) and link it in your main hand wand that's B-B-G along with a added lightning and onslaught. You can log in to your ranger character and buy one to throw in your stash for your templar.

Other than that...get yourself 2 resist or coral rings and an amulet. Keep upgrading those daggers and searching for + Max Life on gear. I had blue gear in some slots until Act 4 and my damage output and survivability were fine. It doesn't take much as long as you have the right mod rolls.
Last edited by MalaikatMaut on Dec 18, 2019, 10:04:19 AM
Thank you for your help on this one.

But when I use Arc with ALD and Onslaught, but for what am I using Storm Brand then? Arc provides more/enough damage...?

Does that mean I use Storm Brand on an enemie and then Arc on top of it?
So Storm Brand is simply a damage multiplier?

Sorry - I am pretty new/inconsistent :)
Last edited by Get_Real on Dec 18, 2019, 10:37:41 AM
"
Get_Real wrote:
Thank you for your help on this one.

But when I use Arc with ALD and Onslaught, but for what am I using Storm Brand then? Arc provides more/enough damage...?

Does that mean I use Storm Brand on an enemie and then Arc on top of it?
So Storm Brand is simply a damage multiplier?

Sorry - I am pretty new/inconsistent :)

Storm brand will attach itself and apply damage ticks for a duration while you're then free to either dodge incoming damage sources or cast another spell to boost DPS output. So until you're in a place with gear/supports/passives that you feel Storm Brand can handle everything in game on its own, the gameplay will be to throw your brands out and then start casting something else for added damage. A lot of people use trap spells for single target, and I guess I should have mentioned that in my first response. Explosive trap and eventually lightning spire trap can be used, but mostly for leveling I stick with OoS or arc or both along with the brands.
"
Freeven wrote:
How are you guys recovering your life when you take damage?

Thanks.

Lightning damage leech on amulet

Chaos damage leech

It's not a lot, but it really help
And a panicked life flask.
Why is my DPS so bad on Stom Brand? I upgraded gear to a 5l lighning spire gloves and it actually clears better than storm brand...

It makes me jealous that my friend with the same amount of invested currency in a occultist bane has way better clear speed and bossing.
I am a warrior. I was born to fight and death is my brother. I do not fear him. I see him in the eyes of the men and beasts that I kill. I feel him traveling beside me to this new land, this Wraeclast. He will take me to meet the ancestors when I am ready, and I am not ready.
"
paranoic00 wrote:
Why is my DPS so bad on Stom Brand? I upgraded gear to a 5l lighning spire gloves and it actually clears better than storm brand...

It makes me jealous that my friend with the same amount of invested currency in a occultist bane has way better clear speed and bossing.

Got to say, I'm also a bit disappointed with storm brand, now that im in t16 maps. The boss/mobs hp increase seems to have hit storm brand pretty hard. I mean I can do bosses and metamorhps, but it's a bit slow.

Get a Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark, that should add 10-20% more damage (power charges + curse).

Last edited by Bastrd on Dec 19, 2019, 7:38:07 AM
"
Bastrd wrote:
"
paranoic00 wrote:

Got to say, I'm also a bit disappointed with storm brand, now that im in t16 maps. The boss/mobs hp increase seems to have hit storm brand pretty hard. I mean I can do bosses and metamorhps, but it's a bit slow.

Get a Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark, that should add 10-20% more damage (power charges + curse).

I looked at you PoB and I see that your Total DPS is 1/10th of the build maker. I'm lower level than you and got twice the total dps. You need alot more Gloabal multiplier of Crit and Crit Chance. Make sure to also invest in flask.

This build will cost you around 6ex+.

Original post maker has 130k per brand.

Also you need 6l for t12+.
Last edited by Baddiwar on Dec 19, 2019, 7:49:23 AM
"
Baddiwar wrote:

I looked at you PoB and I see that your Total DPS is 1/10th of the build maker. I'm lower level than you and got twice the total dps. You need alot more Gloabal multiplier of Crit and Crit Chance. Make sure to also invest in flask.

This build will cost you around 6ex+.

Original post maker has 130k per brand.

Also you need 6l for t12+.

I assume you mean the person I replied to? (paranoic00)
Because one of my brands does 110k ;) And the original poster has 200k per brand, the PoB doesn't have 'Brand attached' ticked.

PS: Do not, ever, use conductivity curse. You're a Inquisitor, you don't get anything from -res ;)

Looks like I will be going this ( https://pastebin.com/XrbEQnx9 ) route. The guy has 700k dps PER BRAND lmao. Works by conversion (2x Call of the Brotherhood) and stacking "Gain x% of non-chaos-damage as chaos-damage".

But it's a lot squishier. Maybe find a middle ground.
Last edited by Bastrd on Dec 19, 2019, 8:08:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info