[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

"
DaddyDapper wrote:
Could you use this builds with arc totems as a secondary spell

It would be interesting to do a damage and play comparison between Lightning Spire Trap, Arc Totems, and Orb of Storms as the secondary spell in a 4L. I think there are folks using all of those, but not sure anyone has done an explicit comparison of pros/cons.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 3, 2019, 12:51:39 PM
Shock is not applied via stormbrand? Trash dies too quick, Im thinking bosses.

I just got my 6 link (got one two days ago and poofed in the temple) and using it as listed.

Spoiler
Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Added Lightning - Increased Crit Chance - Controlled Destruction - Increased Crit Damage*

*NOTE: Consider Empower, Added Cold, Ele Focus - Intermediate players consider using Path of Building if you're starting to wonder what's more damage for your particular setup. Each player will have a different amount of crit chance, crit multi, spell damage, etc. This tool is a calculator for your DPS and it will tell you which links are the best.

If shock dosent have any impact then it seems: conc, ele focus, added lighting, controlled destruction, and increased crit strikes would be the top combo according to BoP. Is anyone using that? Its a 40% dps increase. Looking to up my damage on my gem choices.
Last edited by SoCal on Apr 3, 2019, 1:52:08 PM
https://pastebin.com/xEcemMSW

I dont get what i clicked in pob or what is completely different about our damage... but mine in POB is like quadruple the ones you list or have. LMK where i went wrong, this is not right somehow, as i check other builds its off also.

"

I dont get what i clicked in pob or what is completely different about our damage... but mine in POB is like quadruple the ones you list or have. LMK where i went wrong, this is not right somehow, as i check other builds its off also.

You have like 30+ active socket groups in that POB you linked, best you can do is delete that monstrosity and import your character & start fresh.

When you do, do not tick the target as chilled or shocked because you aren't chilling anything that isn't getting 1 shot and you are merely minimally shocking targets with high hp because storm brand doesn't hit high enough to max shock a mini boss let alone shaper+.

That is why using hypothermia in this build is like playing a 5link - I wouldn't recommend it.

The person that posted above you is correct in his 6link setup, you could use faster casting for mapping instead of ele focus but more for convenience than damage.
This is my magic finding take on storm brand which I use to clear T16 corrupted maps in a few mins. Literally a few mins.

As you will see, I have dropped wrath, do not use Kaom's roots, Starkonja's helmet or lapis amulet . The head hunter with the speed from Devoto's compensates for this while mapping as well as boot's enchant. x2 ventors and Bisco amulet with mf on gloves as well. Base movement speed is 49% reaching to 69% with onslaught flask and a lot more with the right affixes from rare monsters with hh on.

Skills
Storm Brand, Whirling Blades, Flame Dash, Lightning Golem, Brand Recall and Portal.

Items

Flasks:

Can easily do shaper and guardians even with all mf gear including amulet but you can make the encounters easier by replacing the amulet and belt

And the encounters can be made even easier with replacing one of the ventors with unset and wrath, switching one of the jewels to watcher's. Making the encounters simply silly while still having a ventor on.

POB link:
https://pastebin.com/GkQvrSG5

I have picked several survival nodes over damage to enhance survivability.

Most notable drops:

Farrul's Fur Triumphant Lamellar sold for 12 ex
A bunch of dying suns and shaper amulets sold for 20ex
Ring with double aspects (one crafted) sold for 7 ex
Bone Helmet sold for 4 ex
7 ex found as drops

no doctors or HHhs s I did not run burial

SPEED > everything else

I have now moved away from the templar and leveling a marauder. Thanks for making this thread and good luck to all.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
Last edited by MaxEXA on Apr 4, 2019, 12:20:22 PM
"
Voeid wrote:
"

You have like 30+ active socket groups in that POB you linked, best you can do is delete that monstrosity and import your character & start fresh.

When you do, do not tick the target as chilled or shocked because you aren't chilling anything that isn't getting 1 shot and you are merely minimally shocking targets with high hp because storm brand doesn't hit high enough to max shock a mini boss let alone shaper+.

That is why using hypothermia in this build is like playing a 5link - I wouldn't recommend it.

The person that posted above you is correct in his 6link setup, you could use faster casting for mapping instead of ele focus but more for convenience than damage.

reworking it! ill reset it, ty for response! wow... chged gem setup... HUGE difference. and my pob looks more practical
Last edited by Jzweet on Apr 4, 2019, 7:51:30 AM
Hi,

I'm reaching endgame now but i feel a bit squishy. I'm one shooted by the minotaur for example.

On POB, I have:

- 40k average hit
- 5k life
- 450 ES
- 78 max res
- 2k mana

What is the best way to increase survivability?

my char on POB:
https://pastebin.com/hHeGQDwe

Thank you
Best build that i ever follow.

Did all the content in the game for the first time. uber elder, shaper, uber atziri, atlas is 158/159.
I am at 33/40 challenges almost getting the wings.

Thank you por posting this build
Last edited by romulotl13 on Apr 4, 2019, 3:33:35 PM
Hey,
i have a short question. What is better, Loreweave or Inpulsa's Broken Heart and why?

Great Job thi3n! :)
I used your guide as a guideline but i did switch up the tree/gear a lil. Thanks for the great guide and now onto the next character!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info